Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

I know that MT6 has military traffic, so would one of you be willing to check if there's any mil. traffic at Skrydstrup airbase in Denmark (EKSP)? Please.

Using AI Flight Planner, I don't see any military traffic at EKSP. There is military traffic at EKCH (Copenhagen), EKEB (it must be a heliport??), EKKA (Karup Air Base) and EKTS (Thisted).

Rob , I am doing everything exactly as u told me and my settings are like this

No idea what's happening to your setup ... are you sure you didn't select GA flights ONLY and then built the schedules with just GA in them?

Cheers, Rob.

No idea what's happening to your setup ... are you sure you didn't select GA flights ONLY and then built the schedules with just GA in them?

Cheers, Rob.

hummm let me double check...ok yes the GA is 10 % and Airline traffic is 40%, my question is once I move the sliders eather GA or Airline traffic who is giving me the AITraffic, Mytraffic6 or P3D it self?...how can I be sure Mytraffic is injecting the AI traffic to P3D...

after created I got this

FileMYAIRCRAFT.DAT created

File Airports.DAT created

Numbers of airplanes: 68829

Number of Airlines: 2140....etc etc......

hummm let me double check...ok yes the GA is 10 % and Airline traffic is 40%, my question is once I move the sliders eather GA or Airline traffic who is giving me the AITraffic, Mytraffic6 or P3D it self?...how can I be sure Mytraffic is injecting the AI traffic to P3D...

after created I got this

FileMYAIRCRAFT.DAT created

File Airports.DAT created

Numbers of airplanes: 68829

Number of Airlines: 2140....etc etc......

another thing is that even closing My traffic flightplan created, the AI traffic still there...so I believe that what I am seeing is P3D traffic

another thing is that even closing My traffic flightplan created, the AI traffic still there...so I believe that what I am seeing is P3D traffic

Look for the default traffic.bgl and rename it to .OFF. You won't have ANY default AI.

Or in the MYT6 GUI, under Manage Prepar3d - click DISABLE DEFAULT AI.

Another thing to look for - the default AI uses default names - Orbit Airlines, etc. If you see a local recognized airline or major carrier - it's MYT6.

BTW, what airport are you checking at, Pete?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Look for the default traffic.bgl and rename it to .OFF. You won't have ANY default AI.

Or in the MYT6 GUI, under Manage Prepar3d - click DISABLE DEFAULT AI.

Another thing to look for - the default AI uses default names - Orbit Airlines, etc. If you see a local recognized airline or major carrier - it's MYT6.

BTW, what airport are you checking at, Pete?

Vic

KSFO and KLAX Fsdream....traffic.bgl is off.....now I dont see nothing at all.......no AI traffic anywhere....

here it is, no traffic at all

3Untitled.jpg

Using AI Flight Planner, I don't see any military traffic at EKSP. There is military traffic at EKCH (Copenhagen), EKEB (it must be a heliport??), EKKA (Karup Air Base) and EKTS (Thisted).

I was afraid of that, EKCH, EKEB and EKTS is NOT military bases so why it puts mil traffic there I don't know. EKSP is the only base in DK where there's fighters, EKKA and EKYT (Aalborg) have some choppers and trainers (SAAB T-17)and C-130, so not having mil traffic at EKSP seems silly or bad programming. Can you see which type of mil it puts in the 4 airports you mention?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

OK, I am confused now. :) Pete - go into MYT6 Communicator - Select Schedules - Spring 2015 - wait for cmd window to close - leave default AI DISABLED - now exit MYT6 Communicator.

Start P3D - go to your airport(KSFO - KLAX) - in P3D menu - set the airline and ga traffic to 100% -

look around - do you see ANY AI?

If YES - MyT6 is working - if NO - something with your install is wrong.

Vic

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

KSFO and KLAX Fsdream....traffic.bgl is off.....now I dont see nothing at all.......no AI traffic anywhere....

here it is, no traffic at all

A very basic question and I apologize if you or others here have gone over it already, but... are you sure that the path to the MyTraffic folder actually got saved to your simobjects.cfg file?  The reason I ask is that I had a problem early on where I was convinced that I'd set it up correctly and saved it in the MyTraffic Communicator... but for some reason it didn't get saved to the file.  I know of one other user who had this same experience. I'm not sure if it was an error on my (and the other user's) part, or a bug in the communicator, but it's worth double (or triple) checking.  Open simobjects.cfg using Notepad or Wordpad, and see if the MyTraffic path is there. If the path isn't set up and saved correctly, MyTraffic won't know where to look for aircraft, so it won't load any.  Hope this is helpful - and again, apologies if it isn't, or if you've already tried it.

I was afraid of that, EKCH, EKEB and EKTS is NOT military bases so why it puts mil traffic there I don't know. EKSP is the only base in DK where there's fighters, EKKA and EKYT (Aalborg) have some choppers and trainers (SAAB T-17)and C-130, so not having mil traffic at EKSP seems silly or bad programming. Can you see which type of mil it puts in the 4 airports you mention?

I'll check when I get a chance. The military schedule seems to be realistic for some big air bases, but the reason that military aircraft are scheduled out of commercial airports is so that one sees these aircraft types in the air and hears them called by ATC.  It's not too difficult to create a separate schedule/ traffic BGL file using AI Flight Planner for a specific air base using either Burkhard's  or freeware models. Once one goes beyond one or two air bases, it gets  to be far too much work, unless one wants to spend one's time being an AI aircraft geek and not flying planes themselves. 

Can anybody comment on how realistic/unrealistic the flight plans are?

I'm on the fence about this. Always used WOAI with FSX but since P3D have been waiting for a native P3D program. 

I don't mind the apparantly poor quality models, but I'd like to know that I'm not going to see a LH A319 on the ramp in LAX, or a DL CRJ at Heathrow.

I don't need the timetables to be perfect, but at least believable.

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Can anybody comment on how realistic/unrealistic the flight plans are?

In my opinion .rather unrealistic.May be that some airlines (larger and better known) have a more accurate flightplanes, while smaller airlines is represented by a rather random or not at all. (I've been watching North-East Europe and scheduled Spring 2015).

Here's a brief series of pairings from looking at Wesjet in MyTraffic 6. In Real life, they operate approx 108 B737's (600's-800's), in MyTraffic there are plans for over 220. These pairings happen every 24 hours.. Yes, every single day.

Whitehorse, Yt - Pueblo,Co - Whitehorse - Sokol, Russia

Winnipeg - St. Louis - Winnipeg - San Fransisco

Moncton, NB - Wichita, KS - Moncton - Newark

Yellowknife, Nt - West Columbia, SC, Yellowknife - Wilmington, NC

Hamilton, On - Barcelona, Venezuela, Hamilton - Long Beach, Ca

Moncton - Caracas, Venezuela - Moncton

Raleigh–Durham, Saskatoon, SK - Grand Forks, ND - Saskatoon

Windsor, On - Atlanta, Ga - Windsor - Monroe, LA - Windsor - Querétaro, Mexico

Hamilton, On - San Diego - Hamilton - Portland, Or

St. John's, NL - Paris Orly - St. John's - Bournemouth, England

Toronto - Comox,BC - Jacksonville,Fl - Comox

All are fictional (completely out to lunch) and there are dozens upon dozens more like these, and that's from one airline.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

OK, I am confused now. :) Pete - go into MYT6 Communicator - Select Schedules - Spring 2015 - wait for cmd window to close - leave default AI DISABLED - now exit MYT6 Communicator.

Start P3D - go to your airport(KSFO - KLAX) - in P3D menu - set the airline and ga traffic to 100% -

look around - do you see ANY AI?

If YES - MyT6 is working - if NO - something with your install is wrong.

Vic

Vic

ok I will tonight Ill let u know, thanks

Here's a brief series of pairings from looking at Wesjet in MyTraffic 6. In Real life, they operate approx 108 B737's (600's-800's), in MyTraffic there are plans for over 220. These pairings happen every 24 hours.. Yes, every single day.

Whitehorse, Yt - Pueblo,Co - Whitehorse - Sokol, Russia

Winnipeg - St. Louis - Winnipeg - San Fransisco

Moncton, NB - Wichita, KS - Moncton - Newark

Yellowknife, Nt - West Columbia, SC, Yellowknife - Wilmington, NC

Hamilton, On - Barcelona, Venezuela, Hamilton - Long Beach, Ca

Moncton - Caracas, Venezuela - Moncton

Raleigh–Durham, Saskatoon, SK - Grand Forks, ND - Saskatoon

Windsor, On - Atlanta, Ga - Windsor - Monroe, LA - Windsor - Querétaro, Mexico

Hamilton, On - San Diego - Hamilton - Portland, Or

St. John's, NL - Paris Orly - St. John's - Bournemouth, England

Toronto - Comox,BC - Jacksonville,Fl - Comox

All are fictional (completely out to lunch) and there are dozens upon dozens more like these, and that's from one airline.

Guess thats how they keep the traffic populated

Wish they had the daily 747 cargo from Moncton to Paris return