Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Are there any good ATC addon that works with P3D 2.5?

I am looking for an ATC program that is compatible with P3D 2.5, does anyone know of one. I heard Pro-ATC is now compatible but on there homepage I don't see any information supporting that.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You have the choice of a few... VoxATC, I think they do a trial version so you can see if you like it. Radar Contact which although is no longer under development, still has a lot of support available in these forums and works perfectly with P3D ProATC with the latest patch does work with P3D but you need to be fully aware of its history. I'm sure their are others too but those are the only ones ive tried or currently use in P3D.

Pro Flight Emulator also works in P3D 2.5.

I am a very satisfied Pro-atc user. Works perfectly in p3d 2.5.

Jos Denis

I have used ProATC X for more than two years, and watched it grow from a good idea into a great program. I fly at least two, sometimes three flights every day, and use PATC each and every time. And 99.9% of the time it performs flawlessly. I don't think you can get much closer to reality other than flying online or for real! The latest release now handles holding and emergencies. I have recently created a FB ProATC X user group, where people can get advice, help or just regale us with there flight stories.

A lot has been written about it on the AVSIM forums so not difficult to research. It's one of those programmes that people have opinions on. At the time I purchased it I knew it was effectively a beta version. The developer was initially very active and then suddenly development ground to a halt. Recently a patch was released that made it compatible with P3D. My own experiences with it is that it does work once you get to know it so you have to put some effort in.

VoxATC user.  Works great.

Hey Mike,

I am considering purchasing ProATC, but I am concerned about it's support for AI traffic. On the ProATC website they specifically mention that ground AI traffic is not managed. However I have seen some post indicating the exact opposite that in fact AI traffic is managed both on the ground and in the air. I just picked up My Traffic V6 this last weekend. I am now in need of a good OFFLINE ATC add-on. ProATC looks like the one.

I don't want any AI 747's cutting me off.

Thanks

A lot has been written about it on the AVSIM forums so not difficult to research. It's one of those programmes that people have opinions on.

Particularly, ATC reviews/opinions have been difficult to interpret. I have been wanting a 3rd party ATC solution for FSX/P3D for quite a long time, but every one of these threads raises more questions than answers. Each product has its advantages and disadvantages, but none seem to "have it all."

I just want something with realistic voices that work well with GA traffic at small/medium sized airports.

Haven't been this indecisive with any other addon category.

:(

Just like BladderBoy I'd be interested in which one might be best suited for GA and smaller airfields, or in other words the best one to learn how to navigate a smallish plane through airspace.

or even one to just replace the stock ATC with better voices / regional accents...is that too much to ask?!

PFE does a good job with accents/sounds but there's just so much work to do beforehand with setting up runways in use and getting it to assign SIDs and STARs etc that eventually I lost interest.

Radar Contact is more fire up and go and generally does a decent job but I find the actual controlling to be very inefficient (descent to the platform alt 20 miles out etc) which is hardly how it's done these days.

I had a very bad experience early on with Pro ATC-X although it clearly had enormous potential. It desperately needed more voice packs/accents to give some variety although that may have improved somewhat now.

I been using Pro ATC for the last couple of months and really like it. I did read somewhere in the recent My Traffic discussion that someone has been using it and Pro ATC without any issues so maybe trawl through the threads about that.

So when using these ATC add-ons with commercial planes like the PMDG 777/737, can I have the ATC vector me? Would I have to load the same flight plan from my PMDG and submit it to the ATC add-on somehow? I'm not familiar with how this will work.

I use PFPX to plan my flights, and theres a section for ATC that have the flight plan, do I just cut and paste that when filing my IFR flight plan with ATC?

Seems like I'm going to give Pro ATC/X a try. Hope it supports (vectoring) since I see a lot of that on my FMC when loading a flight plan that PFPX created.

Make sure you read up on ProATC.  I use PFPX as well and by default it'll select your SID / STAR for you usually.  And ProATC will want to do that as well, and it can result in some rather interesting flightplans.  There's some good info on their forums over there that should help you learn the best way to go as far as PFPX / ProATC-X, and your FMC.

Okay I got Pro-ATC/X, but can't seem to get the flight plan to load in the FMC for PMDG 777.

I type in KIAHPHNLCLR and hit LSK for Co-Route, and I get a message 'Not in database'

I recheck all my paths are correct for where all the flight plans should be saved to and everything. I can't figure this out. I heard that you need to get clearance from ATC first before the actual flight plans are created. But how do I do that?

Do I hit the ~ key to open up FSX's ATC menu and get clearance that way? I would appreciate if you can help me get this working.

Thanks.

You have not copied FP to pmdg\flightplans\777 folder or incorrect format that the 777 cannot read. Check you are exporting fp correctly

Hi All,

I've been researching for new ATC software. At the moment I use VoxATC and in general find it excellent, but for one thing, it's not very stable. I can fly several flights without a hitch, and then over the next few flights I get an error message come up two or three times in a flight. It's easy enough to remedy, just shutdown Vox and restart then all you have to do is re-contact the appropriate ATC frequency. It's just very annoying and not very realistic.

So I was looking at PATC and liked what I saw, especially with this months new version, but, and please correct me if I'm wrong, having read the entire manual it seems it's completely menu driven and not voice controlled. If that's the case it is no good to me as I find that unacceptable nowadays.

Would like to know what you guys think.

Cheers.

Paul

Pro ATC was reworked and released about 6 weeks ago, and while it was good before, it is excellent now and is really close to flying ATC in the real world, which I have done. Makes flight plans, and assigns sids and stars, moving map , ATC chatter, co pilot, will give you an ILS or Rnav approach, vectors to final etc. and handles you from Clearance delivery to Taxi to the gate after the flight. It is also a work in progress and is constantly being updated. never fly my VA without it. 

Interesting, so the latest version is fully p3d v3 compatible? Can I use it solely as an ATC addon. I have PFPX for my flightplanner. Can the 2 work together?

I recheck all my paths are correct for where all the flight plans should be saved to and everything. I can't figure this out. I heard that you need to get clearance from ATC first before the actual flight plans are created. But how do I do that?

Do I hit the ~ key to open up FSX's ATC menu and get clearance that way? I would appreciate if you can help me get this working.

Just a quick check up, are you up and running with ProATC? If not, please post on the official support forum and will figure out what is happening.

PMDG products are the most used with ProATC so this should be easy to solve (most common problem is starting 777 from cold and dark and forgetting to switch the com1 mic on).

Interesting, so the latest version is fully p3d v3 compatible? Can I use it solely as an ATC addon. I have PFPX for my flightplanner. Can the 2 work together?

Yes, ProATC is V3 compatible. You can use it solely as ATC/Moving map. I personally import real world flight plans into PFPX and ProATC. Works without problems.

Here is an old video, where I show how to use PFPX with ProATC (one of the first videos I have ever done, so sorry for the quality): 

Edited by Jarkko

Jarko thanks for the video... can Pro-ATC used for GA aviation as well. I have an A2A Cessna 182 with Garmin GTN 750. Will it work with Pro-ATC? I'm guessing not, because I don't see a profile for the 182, and also the GTN 750 uses it's own proprietary flight plan files. So I would have to manually punch in the flight plan from Pro-ATC, into the GTN.