Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

DoveTail Games: Vague, But Hopeful, Details on the Next Flight Simulator

...I mean, seriously, we are getting excited over DTG recruiting a single artist, it's not even news, lord help us if this is the sum total of staff working on a simulator.

The position I was (vaguely) interested in was for a developer role on the new flight sim.

Moderator's Note: Before anyone panics, the following comments are obviously sarcasm otherwise known as "snark."

So back to DirectX 9 for a "new" sim?  No thanks, you can only put lipstick on that pig so many times.....

Well, instead of rusty DirectX 9 it will be DirectX11 based, from the average simmer perspective that's a shame that in 2016 a game is published using ancient and buried stuff like DirectX11. In addition the game will be a pure 32bit, just like 15-20 years ago.....  :sad:

So far so good, let's move to the content

Here is one of the first screenshots of Dovetail Games Flight simulation in bundle plane

DTG.jpg

As Dovetail Games officially stated on their website, their new flight game ( please note I havn't use the word " simulator " ) will have 3 difficulty levels, beginner, amateur and pro, or as they call it " enthusiast ".

The higher level " enthusiast " will allow the player to fly over these 2 initial sceneries :

1)  Africa Roaring -> you can fly your GA plane over running zebras, lions and elephants and you can hear their " voices & sounds " if you fly over them with the engine on idle !!!  

2)  Japan Hanami -> You can fly your cockpit-less jet over japanese volcanoes and fly over cherry trees in their flowering season, but be aware do not fly to low otherwise you can have a petals ingestion and be in a serious problem !!!

Dovetail developers and senior managers completely ignore modern planes are flown via FMC, SID and STARS, ATC, etc.... therefore those alien devices won't be in, just the altimeter and the engine leverages. Few cockpit bitmaps objects will complete the 2D cockpit on GA planes made by Flight One and no one else.

In addition, their new flight game won't allow 3rd party addons other than Flight One for planes and Orbx for few limited sceneries therefore no PMDG neither ASN etc... only basic stuff will be in.

I am personally deeply disappointed Dovetail games hasn't learnt the M$ Flight lesson ( BTW I was an official beta tester ) and I am deeply disappointed they keep on repeating the same mistake of producing an arcade game spitting in the face of all of us proud members of the simulation category.

P.S. it was asked to a Dovetail flight team senior member if he perhaps knew what is a " RAT " ? He calmly answered that the game will be rated specially for gamers in their teens therefore rats, of course, won't be in, This is not going to be GTA sequel or any sort of RPG full of bleeding monsters   :blink:

nvm, post was edited as sarcarsm..

goes to show dont belive what people post and written language is hard to define as sarcasm ;)

Maybe the aircraft models will be made of  Legos and we can crash them into each other and make them come apart, or "Sim-craft" where you mine square blocks to build airplanes.

Can anyone else say: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

Slayer, actually been done... (sort of)

http://www.simpleplanes.com/

& it's also available on Android. I have it on my Note 2 & its actually quite fun!

You can design & fly your own creations..

:p0503:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Can anyone else say: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

JSkorna, still around after the poor figures you made with Flight and all the bets you have lost and not paid  ? Wanna me to respawn old threads about the presence of jets into Flight ?  No, this is not interesting for forumers, even if it would be a real fun for me. Just remember you were totally wrong on Flight and you keep on being totally wrong on Dovetail flight and of course you are totally wrong as being a man equipped with dignity and balls. 

Told that, you guys may take my post with a pinch of salt, if you prefer to stay on the optimistic side of the matter, but please remember there was the very same sort of reaction after MS Flight announcement ( and my posts about it ) and now please concede yourselves the benefit of the doubt cause I was super totally right with Flight, and I am going to be right also with Dovetail Flight game.

My old posts about Flight in this forum can witness that, everybody had the same reaction of you now and then they realized I was right. Let me add please I was an official MS Flight betatester, I therefore know how MS " manage " its products, same speech for the so called " partnership " between Dovetails games and MS now.

Just try now please to think in a realistic way gentlemen, not necessarily jumping without a parachute in an optimistic and above all unreal heaven made of hopes only, like someone may be tempted to do now. That's instead only a pathetic MS marketing move to feed the video game market for kids in their teens, the best customer target of the upcoming Windows 10 cross platform strategy for the very near future. 

Thanks also to the moderators that, despite their disclaimer  :smile:  , they didn't touch my post.

As already successfully done for MS Flight I sincerely hope that within a year someone will spawn this post back, just to check who was right and who was not.  :smile:

And now, only for this community as a première, I am going to release the second and last official screenshot of a bundle JET plane present into the Dovetail Flight !!!!

DTG.jpg

Please note the turbines below wings, definitely a SIMULATOR !!!!

One just wants to go 'coochie, coochie coo' & pinch those cheeks, would not that be entertaining? :dance:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

At least I saw the whole FS Flight program first hand in it's entirety.

Mark, it's like .. :fool: :t0152:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Look everybody! Mark was right! Isn't he fantastic?  :rolleyes: Let's hope he won't be right about DTG's sim  :wink:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Here is one of the first screenshots of Dovetail Games Flight simulation in bundle plane

I thoroughly enjoyed your post - spot on DTG business model! I hope to read more about their products with your style of humor (even though majority of it can easily pass for fact, i.e, Train Sim and the likes).

Cheers

Mark, it's like .. :fool: :t0152:

If I had a nickle for every time you did your dead horse thing I would be a very wealthy man.

Mark made very good points, sorry you can't see that, knock it off with your beloved horse.

Matthew Kane

If I had a nickle for every time you did your dead horse thing I would be a very wealthy man.

Mark made very good points, sorry you can't see that, knock it off with your beloved horse.

I may be misinterpreting "Wobbies" comments, but i think he was actually agreeing with Mark, and indicating that Jim (and others) weren't listening... 

Ian R Tyldesley

I may be misinterpreting "Wobbies" comments, but i think he was actually agreeing with Mark, and indicating that Jim (and others) weren't listening...

Yes maybe so, I went back and read a second time, Forums are like tunnel vision at times as it is communicating in a forum without body language so the point can get lost at times.

But I do stand by my dead horse comment

Jim is entitled to his views as well. I do recall the Flight fiasco but the reality is we are all enthusiastic towards the future of our hobby and have that in common, the rest is just subtle differences so lets not get too carried away, at the end of the day we are all here for the same reasons.

Matthew Kane