Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

DoveTail Games: Vague, But Hopeful, Details on the Next Flight Simulator

Uh no, once they will admit the many limits of their new creature there will be room to guess which part of the world will be reproduced beside Hawaii, Alaska, Japan and Congo.

Maybe we will be fortunate & they will give us a submarine or 2, as P3D does, so we can explore the beautiful underwater photo real views around Hawaii. 

Rumour has it we will have a range of trains from their Train Sim & we can all go fishing together.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

..have you read Robert Randazzo's comments on Microsoft behaviour during MS Flight times ?

Please let us have a link?

Robert Randazzo

I am presuming he means this...... stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/pmdg/some-thoughts-on-flight/315250668514724

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Microsoft was looking after its commercial interests: PMDG were after its - so what's new.

The problem back then wasn't just that they wanted a piece of the action, even Robert said that in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, It's that they wanted the whole pie! Developers like PMDG was being asked to give up control of their own products. That was what was untenable to them!!  

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The story has been told before from various perspectives. Nothing really new, here.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The problem back then wasn't just that they wanted a piece of the action, even Robert said that in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, It's that they wanted the whole pie! Developers like PMDG was being asked to give up control of their own products. That was what was untenable to them!!  

Regardless in the eventual outcome, Microsoft invested its money in developing Flight - how much did PMDG invest in developing Flight?

To wipe out all the remaining doubts, I propose this to the AVSIM moderators, owners, managers :

Let's organize an interview with a Dovetail Games representative of the Flight project.

First and foremost, I apologize to everyone for being quite inactive on this thread for the past few months. But on that note, I am back.

+Mark II  I really like that idea because of how feasible it is. The only obstacle besides getting the AVSIM staff to agree would be catching Dovetail in the mood to do an interview of the simulator. It all depends whether DTG wants to keep the new simulator's features more on the secretive side. But great idea! :smile:

What has Dovetail learnt from Ms Flight arcade stuff huge mistakes and Microsoft horrific plans? So far, nothing, nothing at all.

Of course you know all of DTG plans - or it it just even more long-winded pointless speculation?

First and foremost, I apologize to everyone for being quite inactive on this thread for the past few months. But on that note, I am back.

Welcome back Joe Flyer2, it's nice to have someone like you who post intelligent posts, threads, and sentence

Awwww isn't this cute  :smile:    

Awwww isn't this cute :smile:

Maybe the same guy. Not sure why Joe Flyer 2 is apologizing for being inactive in the thread, seems weird.

I do remember Mark II from the Flight days of speculation. He really went on a chest thumping secession for a while. Fortunately for him he was right about some of his speculation otherwise I'm not sure what he would have done had he been totally wrong.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I do remember Mark II from the Flight days of speculation.

You are very close Jim.  I had to remove some of his posts, send a warning, and banned him from this topic as he had been warned in the past for his attacks on MSFlight and attacks on individuals. The topic also appears to be going "south" and far away from the OP.  I may remove the Risk of Closure if the posts get back on topic.  Or lock it.

Just discovered Mark II is AKA Emmeth.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Now that I think of it, Flight! was targeted at simmers who wanted something new out of the Microsoft stable, whereas DTG's release will be targeted at their distributor's target market? (Steam gamers?) or not?

Just a thought!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Firstly, I'd like to thank the AVSIM Staff for monitoring some threads so exclusively. Sometimes, when threads get lengthy, they can get out of hand, so thank you AVSIM Staff for helping with that.

Now, back on topic: It'd be really appreciative if DTG released a little more information about the upcoming flight simulator. I mean, I know it's only been just over a year, but they bought a license that already had a well-established foundation. And even though they have a good amount to work with, they've still probably got a ways to go, and we don't have much of an idea of how much they've accomplished so for. And that's the problem.

See, my original post uses the word "vague." Now, I'm not criticizing Dovetail in any way because a lot of companies are like that because they like to give the community a nice surprise. But when it comes down to it, it's not a good feeling to be left in the dark and have only one news article to speculate over for how ever much time.

But it's not Dovetail's fault, either. I mean, making a simulator is difficult, tedious work, and the license they bought from Microsoft only does part of the job. That is the main reason why I'm amazed they say they'll be able to release it by 2016. Don't get me wrong, from a company like Dovetail, a lot can happen in another year. But the reason Microsoft was able to produce simulators (relatively) close to one another was because of their large staff and access to almost limitless resources.

So, I commend Dovetail for taking on this task of not just making a simulator based of the Flight technology, but taking the reigns in a hopeful attempt to satisfy the community's needs.

But for reasons like this, I would really like an interview sometime in the future, as pointed out by Mark II. And if an interview is at all possible, I don't want to be too intrusive, so it's really up to AVSIM, a simulation community superpower and driving force, and Dovetail, the revivalists, to make it happen. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don't understand why people feel they need to know everything about a project currently in development. In time relevant information will be released and everyone on here knows that

Matthew Kane