Sign in to follow this  
xenonsk

REX update

It looks REX have released update for REX4 and Soft clouds, but asking for the Beta Release Code. Hope v3 support added.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Undoubtedly, the next update fully adjusted to P3D V3.

João Alfredo

Hi,

We have released the final builds to our beta team so it's not officially released, hence the requirement of the 'beta' code.

We are currently testing:

Texture Direct
Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

Soft Clouds

Weather Architect

All the above are now compatible with FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D versions 1, 2 and 3.

Good news - thanks Tim! V3's coming along nicely...

Also here ,

if i made a mistake and overwrite the water and sun without backup i guess the new updated V3 version will correct this as well right ?

Michael Moe

Hi,

We have released the final builds to our beta team so it's not officially released, hence the requirement of the 'beta' code.

We are currently testing:

Texture Direct

Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

Soft Clouds

Weather Architect

All the above are now compatible with FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D versions 1, 2 and 3.

Hi Tim

I am wondering if P3D contains any new technology that REX can leverage in order to make an even better REX product for P3D. Reason I ask is it seems that all third party applications are FSX apps that are just ported over to P3D, but nothing is really build to take advantage of a modernized P3D platform. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Tim

I am wondering if P3D contains any new technology that REX can leverage in order to make an even better REX product for P3D. Reason I ask is it seems that all third party applications are FSX apps that are just ported over to P3D, but nothing is really build to take advantage of a modernized P3D platform. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe under the configuration in REX you have the option to tell REX which version of simulator aka textures/advantages you want to install to your platform.

I recall having special effect DX11 option (Pr3D2.4 ) activated for some textures. 

So its not interely a port over as i see it

Michael Moe

Till REX releases their updates :

I emptied many folders from v2

The Texture folder is empty as also the World folder.

After I have choosen the clouds/environment in REX Direct + Softclouds I copy the files from the v2 texture folder into the v3 texture folder.

Looks great again.

Now a way to make the sun bigger ...

I hope the REX Essential Plus SP3 version of the P3D v3 compliant code arrives soon!

Till REX releases their updates :

I emptied many folders from v2

The Texture folder is empty as also the World folder.

After I have choosen the clouds/environment in REX Direct + Softclouds I copy the files from the v2 texture folder into the v3 texture folder.

Looks great again.

Now a way to make the sun bigger ...

There is a sun.cfg somewhere in P3D (sorry, can't recall where!) and there is a size entry. You can mess around with that number. I think the issue is more not having a stronger glare around the sun although some of the Rex suns do seem very small. When I see clips of DCS the sun always looks very realistic...wish we could get that in P3D!

it is for beta team members ONLY.

Vic