Sign in to follow this  
pasayten

nVidia driver 358.91 released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Works great for Fallout 4...as for P3D, I'll report back in a few days :Big Grin:

I found that the 2X SGSS in P3D V3 is much much much improved with this driver. 

Works great for Fallout 4...as for P3D, I'll report back in a few days :Big Grin:

lol, I've been up to 3am two night on the run with Fallout4....love it.

Thanks Pasaytn.

Wow,  didnt realise Fallout 4 has been released, looks great 

Just got it.  I was going to wait until the price dropped a bit.  But, I couldn't resist!

I found that the 2X SGSS in P3D V3 is much much much improved with this driver. 

In what way?

Fallout 4 is too good because it is eating into my flight times.

My frames raised from 0 to 60+ in p3d v2.5..... ( * )

( * ) re-installed p3dv2.5 yesterday night :-)

BTW: I used just the typical tweaks, in NI just 2xSGSS and no VSync  - all app controlled - and in P3D I have VSync and triple buffering oFF

Getting great performance with the PMDG 777 - no weather injector, default scenery only.

I am getting horrible shimmering with this driver. Never had to use NI because DSR always kept shimmering tolerable on my machine but this driver is worse.

I am getting horrible shimmering with this driver. Never had to use NI because DSR always kept shimmering tolerable on my machine but this driver is worse.

What driver was your previous? 

The last driver I used (before the latest) had awful shimmering even with 2X SGSS, I found the latest to be a massive improvement, however if you can tell me what your last driver was I'd love to give it a shot. 

Cheers Jason

What driver was your previous? 

The last driver I used (before the latest) had awful shimmering even with 2X SGSS, I found the latest to be a massive improvement, however if you can tell me what your last driver was I'd love to give it a shot. 

Cheers Jason

358.50  I still had shimmering but it was nowhere like this driver. GTX780

It'd be helpful if folks would specify which video card or cards they are using when making these observations.  What works well for a 980Ti might not be so great for a 960 or vice versa...

Regards

• Upvote 1

For me  ( p3d v2.5, 4x MSAA in p3d menu  and 2x SGSS set in NI ) I didn't notice the shimmering.

My video card is an ASUS GTX 960 4GB

P3D v3, ASUS GTX 980, 4x MSAA in P3D, 4x SGSS in NI, Win 10: the shimmering remains a bit, the runways are fastidiously jagged (this is an issue that I can not fix).