Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Looking For an AI Traffic Prog

OK! My new PC is now running FSX with IFly 737 and 3rd Party airport scenery's very well. (25-35fps)

It is now time to add an AI Traffic program and start adding some life to my airports.

I am looking at My Traffic 2013 and Ultimate Traffic and would like your opinion as to which to use and why.

I know there is a freeware traffic prog in the library but I just want to do a one click install and be done.

What are your thoughts.

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I actually bought UT2 but uninstalled it and got a refund from Flight 1, as it wasn't what I was expecting. I'm sure it's great, however there were far too many of the generic airline 'Daedalus' around my airports, no charter airlines, and I couldn't be bothered with all the configuring needed to get realistic levels and airlines.

In the end I just downloaded a load of freeware World Of AI airline packs and added these in. A much more straight forward process and even with AI at 25% my airports are populated enough with realistic airlines and models. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not overly bothered if my AI is flying real world routes or not, as long as there are a few real-world airlines and good looking models taking off, landing and taxiing around my airports then I'm happy. What they do when they're up in the air out of sight I'm not concerned about as long as they're not trying to crash into me or shoot me down.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I am looking at My Traffic 2013 and Ultimate Traffic and would like your opinion as to which to use and why.

First off I'd skip looking at MyTraffic 2013 and look at MyTraffic 6.  It's a newer version of the same product and less expensive.

As for your question.  A lot of users go with WOAI because it's free and has some pretty nice models.  It includes an install program, but each airline gets downloaded separately and you'll want to get AIFP so you can convert the flight plans to FSX format.  I have used WOAI, but have opted for payware.

However, regarding the payware programs.  I own and have both MyTraffic 6 and UT2 intalled on my system.  MyTraffic is my choice for airlines and military.  The models aren't quite on the level of WOAI or UT, although UT uses some MyTraffic models and many of them are upscaled WOAI models.

It's easy to install, has great traffic, includes revised AFCADS to add additional parking to many airports to reduce the low traffic that many see.. oh and support and maintenance.

I still have UT2 installed, but use it only for GA. Why, because it's easy to add additional aircraft and lack of variety in GA aircraft plague all AI packages, freeware and payware alike.. oh and its no longer being updated or maintained.

So, if you want something easy to set up, aren't going to be staring at the AI models all day, etc.  I would recommend MyTraffic 6.   However, be forewarned that it's capable of bringing you system to its knees if you turn the traffic slider up to high.

Ernest Pergrem

I have used WOAI pretty much forever.  I have never found a need to use AIFP to convert any files because I don't

want any "default" World Travel, Orbit Airlines, etc populating my airports and I don't plan on using any other 3rd party

programs that are in FSX format.  I have found that FSX will insert a default aircraft on the rare occasion that a WOAI

aircraft flight plan is not available for a given area.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I've been thinking of trying ut2 also. After reading the posts I may just give MyTraffic a go.  I'm using WOAI and converted them to FSX, to get general aviation, and it works just fine but I find the downside is the airports that aren't served by those airlines I install are empty of planes even with the slider up to 100!  

First off I'd skip looking at MyTraffic 2013 and look at MyTraffic 6.  It's a newer version of the same product and less expensive.

As for your question.  A lot of users go with WOAI because it's free and has some pretty nice models.  It includes an install program, but each airline gets downloaded separately and you'll want to get AIFP so you can convert the flight plans to FSX format.  I have used WOAI, but have opted for payware.

However, regarding the payware programs.  I own and have both MyTraffic 6 and UT2 intalled on my system.  MyTraffic is my choice for airlines and military.  The models aren't quite on the level of WOAI or UT, although UT uses some MyTraffic models and many of them are upscaled WOAI models.

It's easy to install, has great traffic, includes revised AFCADS to add additional parking to many airports to reduce the low traffic that many see.. oh and support and maintenance.

I still have UT2 installed, but use it only for GA. Why, because it's easy to add additional aircraft and lack of variety in GA aircraft plague all AI packages, freeware and payware alike.. oh and its no longer being updated or maintained.

So, if you want something easy to set up, aren't going to be staring at the AI models all day, etc.  I would recommend MyTraffic 6.   However, be forewarned that it's capable of bringing you system to its knees if you turn the traffic slider up to high.

How much of an impact does it have on FPS, that is y biggest concern.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I use MyTraffic in conjunction with Air Traffic Manager which limits AI flights to 100 or so. I have seen 300+ flight around London for instance, which will bring FSX to its knees.

Any AI program is going to impact your system.  It really depends upon your system.  All of my graphic sliders are based on Orbx suggestions, so fairly high. 

I run the Aircraft slider at 30% and that keeps me at 30 fps +\-, which is my target rate within FSX.  The GA slider is set at 0% because I use UT2 for GA and it doesn't use the FSX sliders.

On my system anything more starts to affect my frames.

Also, different packages require different slider settings to achieve the same results and just because package A can run at 100% and package B can only run at 40% doesn't mean that there aren't the same amount of aircraft in the air and ground for both.

If still hesitant then look into WOAI first, because it's free and there are a lot of happy customers.  Try it, see how you like it, uninstall it if you feel that you're missing something.

Then give MyTraffic 6 a go.  It's still being updated and the developer is quick to respond.

I would hesitate on UT2.  I think that it's still a pretty good program, but the developer is long gone, so no updated schedules, bug fixes, etc.

Ernest Pergrem

I use UT2 and it is good, but apparently the developers have abandoned it.  The lack of support, fixes and updates can be an issue.  The nice thing about UT2 is that it provides commercial and general aviation traffic that will follow real routes, not just fly straight lines from departure to arrival.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I think you're confusing two different products...

My Traffic 2013 is by Aerosoft:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12309&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=espanol

And My Traffic 6 is by Mr. B. Renk and sold only at sim market:

http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-6-fsxfsxsep3d.phtml

They are not the same product and the latter is not a newer version of the former...

Hi all,

I too was looking for a more realistic Ai traffic package than the default one.

I decided after reading some posts on here that I would try World of AI "WOAI" as it is freeware, if it didn't work nothing lost. It took a few hours work to get the hang of installing the files and then converting the flight plans from fs9 to fsx, but I have to say it works very well and with very little impact on my fps, which is important on my mid range system, especially as I like the complex addons in fsx.

I am  not too bothered that the schedules may be old, it is just nice to have some realistic looking airlines flying around instead of the default ones.

If you decide to go this route, you will need to install the World of AI installer from their website to install the free airline packages you see in the library here, and point it at your fsx folder. You will also need a small program called AIFP3 which will allow you to change the WOAI flight plans to fsx format. You have  to do this because any fs9 traffic files in your fsx scenery folders will prevent any AI traffic showing up, not just aircraft but ships and road traffic too. These files are found in "fsx/scenery/world/scenery".  World of AI will install the fs9 traffic files to that folder in fsx by default, so highlight them and use AIFP3 to convert the World of AI files to fsx format and delete the original fs9 traffic files. Sounds complicated I know, but once you have done a couple it only takes seconds to install WOAI packages and they are very good.

I was bored with default traffic and World of AI provided what I wanted which was perfect. However I soon made another tweak, I didn't want default commercial traffic to appear but did want default GA traffic, so I made a couple of folders in "addon scenery", "World of AI", being all my new AOAI traffic files, "default AI" the original fsx default traffic files and "Default GA", which is a copy of the original default traffic files with the commercial airlines all deleted leaving just the GA aircraft. Being in the addon scenery file, these files appear within fsx, in the scenery library, just like addon airports do, so you can tick them on and off as you wish, so flexible, I have it set with World of AI commercial traffic and default GA on and default commercial set to off.

I'm sorry if this post is a bit long winded it wasn't my intention, but I wanted to briefly explain the process if you use World of AI, it is great but does require a few minutes work to make it work properly as it was originally made for fs9.

I like it and will stick with it I think. Hope you find the package that suits you too.

Happy flying.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I use WOAI that is unchanged from the FS9 format and still have plenty of AI road and boat traffic.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think you're confusing two different products...

My Traffic 2013 is by Aerosoft:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12309&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=espanol

And My Traffic 6 is by Mr. B. Renk and sold only at sim market:

http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-6-fsxfsxsep3d.phtml

They are not the same product and the latter is not a newer version of the former...

That is just plain wrong, sorry

They are different versions of the same product, both created by Burkhard renk.

MyTraffic 2013 is created by Burkhard and published and supported by Aerosoft and is based on the 5.## series.

Mytraffic 6 is the latest version which Burkhard supports directly from his own forum.

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/7-mytraffic-support-forum/