Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Boats now move with water surface elevation

Interesting to see whether that covers floatplanes !

Yes it does, 6ft waves are very interesting with a float plane!

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Does anybody read out of the log if the nightlights have been "fixed" ... I mean if the Aerosoft Airports will work at night again without Simmershome patches?

I know, that is mainly an Aerosoft problem, but maybe LM had found a workaround?

That would be the greatest Xmas gift for me ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think they said that that is not necesary. You just update over your installed 3.0 version.

By the way.. I suppose ASN is broken again with this update isn't it?

This is right on top of the change log 

"To install the Prepar3D v3.1 Client, you must first uninstall the Prepar3D v3.0 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. The Prepar3D v3.1 Client update will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v3 Download/Installation Instructions from the Prepar3D.com Downloads section."

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

individual components or not, this looks like a full reinstall to me so far.

Why would you want to replace some and not all components, only start adding component mismatch issues to those we already deal with.

Would have been great as an update that sorts itself out.

Looks like a full reinstall, aint doing it. Taken months to setup p3dv3

• Upvote 1

They updated the code to use CUDA 6.5. Even more performance, yay!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

A dilemma I have. I really want those water improvements, but I don't want my PC to explode if I do something wrong.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just checked the instructions again. I doubt anybody will not want all the new components.

As this is a FULL reinstall, very disappointed.

The least LM could have done is allow 3 and 3.1 to exist side by side.#

Totally insane, took months to setup v3,

• Upvote 1

If you uninstall any single P3D module, it will only remove what belongs to that module, it won't delete any of your files.

I see no problem at all with this update.

This is why LM wants developers to put their files outside the P3D folder: Less confusion and less probability of anyone deleting anything they don't want to.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Are you sure that you need to completely reinstall everything? I thought there were three main components now?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'll try this and let you know how it goes - no big deal if I have to start fresh so be it

======================================================

NOTE: If you have previously installed Prepar3D, or are certain all prerequisites are
installed, you can use the Install_Client.msi, Install_Content.msi, and Install_Scenery.msi
installers. This is recommended only for advanced users

Rich Sennett

@Rich

The instructions say you need to first unsintall your p3dv3 client. From that point unless its not English. That's a full reinstall.

• Upvote 1

I class myself as an advanced user. I have advanced anxiety about the upgrade :blink:

• Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm getting really fed up with this kind of thing. It happens in XP too. It means weeks of downloading, installing and debugging, and at 70 years I'm running low on time.

So irritated am I that I'm going back to FS2004 with GEX etc. At least I've got great AI, great weather addons, and crucially, MS isn't going to issue updates  :smile:

To reinforce my point, I've just downloaded and installed REX Soft Clouds for FS9. It is great that REX and some other developers (e.g. ImagineSim KATL) are still making new stuff for FS9.

• Upvote 4

Supporter.png

John

why would you wait for an update only to install some components and not all. Would have been nice as an easy installer updater like 99% of software do 2015.

Changing some components only might be a source of annoying errors. We are not software engineers, at least most of us aren't :wink: . To take some examples, I'm in no position to know how my OrbX v3 sceneries (and FTX Central)  or my legacy Sibwings AN-2 with its dll.xml addition or my Accusimed aircraft  are impacted ! In a first approach (pun not intended), better go for a  re-install. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam