Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Just curious and hard to follow.  So if we uninstall 3.0 and then install 3.1 we are ok except some minor things like Objectflow and ASN?   Or do we need to reinstall all the addons?  

Uninstall addons then reinstall?

Just install main setup.exe and try it no need to uninstall without trying it first - I didnt uninstall anything just installed the setup.exe - make sure you direct the path to your old install or that would be a problem - worked great for me

Rich Sennett

I've just installed the client update after uninstalling the 3.0 client. Seems to have broken nothing except for Active Sky Next and maybe the ORBX objectFlow.dll.

Same here. Have not yet flown PMDG/Aerosoft but all else seems good. It was a quick and easy update...I'm sure both ASN and ORBX fixes will be along soon.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Anyone with UTP3D (i.e. UTX) try the upgrade?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Anyone with successful update see any problems with ORBX as was mentioned by ORBX above?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hey rob,

What about the HT on VAS thing?

Haven't re-tested and no mention of it in Learning Center .chm.  But I honestly didn't expect anything to be done ... something that core (threading to multiple processors) would be a very time consuming and a difficult task to resolve with high degree of breaking changes, something better left to a major version update and not a minor version update.

Cheers, Rob.

looking forward to this! cant wait to install this tonight :D

• Enhanced visual quality of water offering greater fidelity at high altitudes and better wave dynamics with high winds

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Read all the threads and still as clear as mud to a non tech savvy like me....

If I uninstall my v3 client via Programs and features and then install 3.1 do I then have to reinstall all my add ons again ??

Dave

John Venema at OrbX

We don't recommend moving to 3.1 until Objecflow is unbroken again. Right now it's not working.

Just enjoy all the benefits and performance improvements of 3.0 for the time being; we're continuing to aggressively roll out 3.0 compatible installers which should (fingers crossed) work fine in 3.1 when OF is updated.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107840-v31-compatibility-of-orbx-v3-released-sceneries/#comment-970611

So whilst waiting for a green light from OrbX, at what point in the uninstall/install cycle should I install Prepare3D v.3.1? Before or after I uninstall W7 and install W10?

As Charles Bronson said in the Dirty Dozen about killing generals, all this uninstalling and installing could become a habit.

Seems to me, flight simulation is beginning to lose the plot.

Supporter.png

John

Hi folks,

just updated v3 to v3.1. Client update worked Content update worked. Took a quick spin in the NGX around Taxi2Gates EDDM with no probs and high fps ( fluid mid 30s) Installed the FSFX files and goin to EDDM again. After that i'll check Friday Harbor although objectflow is brolen....again :S anyway no big deal for me.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

This makes my day/week, as my Windows 10 installation boot decided to perform hari kari.  Took me a while struggling before I realized I have to do a new install (starting with an 8 disk, sigh).  So v3.1 will be on a clean installation; this time I'm not going to slack on backups.   

I can't try it myself this time, but I am wondering if just renaming the Prepar3d v3 folder to v3.0, and just installing v3.1 back into the default folder would work for a v3.0/v3.1 switch.   You could go back by simply renaming the new install to Prepar3d v3.1, and the old install back to Prepar3d v3.  OK, so yes you have to extend this thinking to roaming/LM, local/LM, documents/P3d files, and ProgramData/LM, but put those renames in a bat file and it's no more sweat.  

This is some form of entertainment.

Any changes to the PMDG lighting problem ? Is this still present ?

Thanks gentlemen, Carsten

Carsten U

I have been doing this hobby since runways were just little green jaggy lines. I must say this crap is getting old even to me. Install this but that won't work. Make these changes and hope the devs fix things later.....no no just uninstall this and install just the client and hope for the rest to work later. The fixes are beginning to be worse than the original problem. I fear I may have backed the wrong horse in this race!! I think the imates may be running the nut house at LM. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

IF I uninstall the 3.0 client and install the 3.1 client... 

What would break? would the Orbx object flow give me me CTD? or do I simply remove the object flow from the dll.xml?

I have already disabled FSDT manager anyway

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Object flow shouldn't give you a CTD, it just won't work with the scenery until they can update it, but I think you can just ignore when you get the popup and still use the Simm?