Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

For what its worth p3dv3 is a great product, at least it is now.

version 3.1 is for the developers for now

The proper routine should be the developers telling us new P3d is ready, not LM unless you fly default sim which no self respecting Simmer does.

For what its worth p3dv3 is a great product, at least it is now.

version 3.1 is for the developers for now

The proper routine should be the developers telling us new P3d is ready, not LM unless you fly default sim which no self respecting Simmer does.

Uh... just an FYI, but most of the fun addons you insist on... we don't install on training systems. Just an FYI.

• Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I think if one of the benefits is more of the water works taken off the cpu and pushed to the gpu (Cuda improvement) then that's probably worth it.  I am wondering how two 780's in SLI will be with 3.1.  

My windows installation isn't taking very easily for some reason.  I tend to keep my broken windows  installation partitions, and move them from the front of the drive.   I'm seeing if deleting their recovery and system partitions will fix the stubborn boot problems I'm having.  

@WarpD

I think you are in wrong forum . This is P3D With Addons forum.

The default P3D forum is over on LM sight.

You don't do addons you don't do here.

And we don't train, we Sim , as such we have to wait for devs to announce our P3d releases hence forth :good:

Here is my water in 3.1 P3D.. click on the image to see a 3  X 24" screen. You  can't see the movement..but its there.... but no white crest (Just rubbing it in)...

Difficult to tell from a screenshot, but that looks amazingly like the same kind of texturing that I see in P3D v3.0. In other words, no white caps or reflections. I can't say that it inspires any great degree of confidence. Anyway, I have already decided on a "wait and see" approach before I even think about updating.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Difficult to tell from a screenshot, but that looks amazingly like the same kind of texturing that I see in P3D v3.0. In other words, no white caps or reflections. I can't say that it inspires any great degree of confidence. Anyway, I have already decided on a "wait and see" approach before I even think about updating.

I did not turn on reflections...settings I usually don't care for it

it is animated...they move..so technically P3D V3.1 has moving water..  But the eye candy  hat we had in FSX is not not here..yes..the white crest on waves. LOL :) Once they gave us that, the expecation has been set!  We cannot go back! LOL :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just uninstalled P3D V3 client, Installed P3D V3.1 client and every thing seems to work OK.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by 'every thing seems to work OK'. As it stands, your statement doesn't really help us make a decision as to whether or not to take the plunge and, by so doing, risk destroying a perfectly good installation.

Think I'll wait a while as there is nothing of earth shattering importance in this update for me...bit like deciding whether or not to update to Windows 10. Windows 7 does just fine.

Mike

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by 'every thing seems to work OK'. As it stands, your statement doesn't really help us make a decision as to whether or not to take the plunge and, by so doing, risk destroying a perfectly good installation.

Think I'll wait a while as there is nothing of earth shattering importance in this update for me...bit like deciding whether or not to update to Windows 10. Windows 7 does just fine.

Mike

+1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It never ceases to amaze me how some of you guys keep repeating the same complaints after every P3D update. I am very glad we have a sim that is a work in progress and will get better with every upgrade. Why don't you all go back to stationary FSX if you don't like this?

I do agree though that the update proces could become more streamlined and less time consuming. It would also be very nice if LM could fill in addom developers sooner, so updates to addon software could be released at he same time as an ugrade by LM.

• Upvote 11

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

@WarpD

I think you are in wrong forum . This is P3D With Addons forum.

The default P3D forum is over on LM sight.

You don't do addons you don't do here.

And we don't train, we Sim , as such we have to wait for devs to announce our P3d releases hence forth :good:

This is the Prepar3D forum and , as such, we have a lot of different type of users. Many do NOT use any add-ons at all and many do. *IF* your add-ons are compliant with the guidelines set by LM - then you will have NO problem with the update. If not, then it's YOUR problem - why should anyone wait to resolve YOUR problem?

with the exception of Objectflow, ASN and F1 GTN750 - most add-ons work just fine without having to reinstall. The update process is simple - uninstall the CLIENT and install then 3.1 CLIENT - it does nothing to the content or scenery in general.

Much ado about nothing.

Vic

• Upvote 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

@vgbaron

Yes Sir totally understood sir

LOL! The point is, just as we have users with one monitor all the way up to full bore cockpit builders - we are all using the same product in different ways. My way is best for me - yours is best for you - we are both right - that's my point.

What is amazing is the number of posts in this thread alone bemoaning the fact that a "complete uninstall is REQUIRED" - even after LM, Rob and others have repeated that it is only the CLIENT that needs to be uninstalled - it does nothing to your aircraft, settings etc. The scenery and other content are not touched. It is not a complete reinstall.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I was able to calibrate my Rudder  Pedals in P3D V3.1 That's nice. 

Could folks using SLI report back on the Cuda update please? 

Yes guys ...the simplist update is to 

1) set a restore point in your OS if you could

2) uninstall Prepare3D client

3) Install Prepare3D client (not full install... You can download just the client msi)

4) start P3D and it would prompt you to register..enter your product id and passcode (Hope you had saved your purchase e-mail)

Restart P3D ....  ignore the three usual suspect... 1) Object flow...2) Flight 1 3) FSDT 

FSUIPC is fine..which is important/.

Give it a shot! go for it! :) Its less problematic than FSDT Addon manager install (tsk tsk..couldn't resist)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

@Manny

Please never ever depend on windows restore, found out the hard way. Its does not restore 100%

A disk image tool is the only way to be sure.

Can not get it to update to 3.1 says its installed but after checking version its still 3.0 any ideas guys - anyone who has installed it may want to check your version as I'll bet you dont have the new version installed

Rich Sennett