Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

@Rich

The instructions say you need to first unsintall your p3dv3 client. From that point unless its not English. That's a full reinstall.

As I see it no you just install these individual files over pre-installed p3d - could be wrong 

Rich Sennett

I'm getting really fed up with this kind of thing. It happens in XP too. It means weeks of downloading, installing and  debugging, and at 70 years I'm running low on time.

So irritated am I that I'm going back to FS2004 with GEX etc. At least I've got great AI, great weather addons, and crucially, MS isn't going to issue updates  :smile:

I think the real issue is for people that installed add ons  into V3 not going by the guide lines that LM said to follow, when they released it. I'm guessing that a reinstall to 3.1 it going to break some of the add on's. Should be an interesting time reading about what happens after the update. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Ok, I'm checking with L-M to see if what I believe is correct is... some patience would be a good idea right now.

As for simply running the install on top of your current installation... no. Won't work.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well it looks like I cant install those separate files - what are they there for then looks like the only way to install is from setup - strange

Rich Sennett

We REALLY need Rob to step in and provide the "upgrade for dummies" (like me) how-to...

Rob?

Just occurred to me that a very key issue here is to be able to run multiple versions on same PC.

Cause anybody that install 3.1 is gona have pretty no sim till the add-ons catch-up.

So what is the motivation for installing this now rather than 5 months time. NON

Some folks have multiple boot multiple PC to do that, but for most, this update is gona have to be delayed for months to come.

They should just allow use of multiple versions on same pc, that solves this problem.

We should push LM to provide update that allows multiple versions installed  , else you only have default sim till addons ready. NOT AN OPTION HERE DONE THAT TOO MANY TIMES BEFORE ALREADY .

Just uninstalled P3D V3 client, Installed P3D V3.1 client and every thing seems to work OK.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Just uninstalled P3D V3 client, Installed P3D V3.1 client and every thing seems to work OK.

This is how I interpreted how to properly deal with the update...thank you. Now if I'm not too spooked I'm going to to the same. :wink:

cheers, 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I just tried the Client only install for V3.1.

Went into Programs and Features and uninstalled the V3.0 client

Installed the V3.1 client only

P3DV3 started up the first time, threw an error about the ORBX objectlibs, which I said load anyway (my bad)

I picked an aircraft, loaded up a favorite flight plan (NXAA to NXWN)

And....CTD

I should have known better....now for a full reinstall....such fun!!!!

All ORBX sceneries that are P3DV3 compatible

All Flightbeam, Sim720, and about 30 other airports and sceneries.

Not to mention PMDG 737,777, Carenado, Alabeo, MilViz, A2A, etc aircraft.

Plus, add in ASN, FSFX (all)...

I just wanted to fly NZ again...

Grrrrr

• Upvote 1

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

Wow we didnt even have any sort of beta preview or excitement from Rob or am I missing something. New Cuda and better water seems enticing. But this updating process really needs to be streamlined.

Not only does it get users frustrated, I can only imagine how annoyed developers are if it breaks their product.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It seems to be the good way...

From the release note : "The Client installer is required for Prepar3D v3.1, however the Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional"

G.

Gerard P.

^^ Yup - just did the same and all is good!

The content and scenery updates aren't really too necessary IMO:

Prepar3D Content General Updates
    • Fixed Beech Baron virtual cockpit light offsets
    • Additional updates to the India Foxt Echo F-35A
Prepar3D Scenery General Updates
    • Minimal accuracy changes for five south-eastern United States of America airports
    • Updated coastlines, lakes, rivers, and elevation model in Singapore
  • Upvote 1

Just occurred to me that a very key issue here is to be able to run multiple versions on same PC.

Cause anybody that install 3.1 is gona have pretty no sim till the add-ons catch-up.

So what is the motivation for installing this now rather than 5 months time. NON

Some folks have multiple boot multiple PC to do that, but for most, this update is gona have to be delayed for months to come.

They should just allow use of multiple versions on same pc, that solves this problem.

We should push LM to provide update that allows multiple versions installed  , else you only have default sim till addons ready. NOT AN OPTION HERE DONE THAT TOO MANY TIMES BEFORE ALREADY .

It;s like the people that bought the Apple watch minutes after it went on sale. Some folks have to be first!!!!   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

@Dylan

Thanks for that detail, now it may be worth the haslle to backup and try this, not missing much regards content and scenery update .