Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

FSLabs Concorde Released

Richard-

as I said, come over to our forum where we can assist further. Here is hardly the place to offer support assistance.

Yup. Will do!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

hi

been following the concorde,,,following this thread and the fslabs forum.

I run p3d v3.1 using NVidia surround 3 monitors so my resolution is significantly bigger than the now recommended 1920 x 1080.

is it necessary to use the 2d panels.....since starting with 3d cockpits ive never liked or used other makers 2d panel.....using ezdok instead.

thanks for any info

Andrew Heafield

Andrew,

Yes, 2d panels are required for the FE's many sub panels. The VC view of the FEs panel does not contain active gauges.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Gents-

we don't "delete posts" to hide facts. We do it to keep the signal-to-noise ratio low. Obviously, if you want to see conspiracies everywhere, you will (Carlito, you are a prime example of that in your recent posts in this thread here, where you tried to convince everyone what a shoddy job we do with our business model and how we'd be better served if we followed all YOU had to suggest on the matter

Wow, If discussing pricing of a product is a conspiracy for you then I honestly feel sorry for you. Not only are you doing a poor job on the pricing but maybe you also need some classes on customer relationship management.

• Upvote 6

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Carlito,

seems we're reaching a point where all you're interested in is showing how important you are and how you know better than everyone else. I actually don't doubt that you have educated yourself on the topic, so I invite you to start your own business and do better than us (and I mean that with no disrespect). Nature hates voids, so I am quite sure that you could do better for simmers worldwide.

• Upvote 3

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Yes, but what if you use the Auto FE?

You still need access to some FE panels to perform certain functions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Carlito,

seems we're reaching a point where all you're interested in is showing how important you are and how you know better than everyone else. I actually don't doubt that you have educated yourself on the topic, so I invite you to start your own business and do better than us (and I mean that with no disrespect). Nature hates voids, so I am quite sure that you could do better for simmers worldwide.

Rest assured, I do not have to proof anything. I'm well beyond this point in life. The only points I wanted to make were

1. Your pricing is not what will maximize your profits (which I don't care much about as this is not my business. I already have my own business.)

2. I don't like the way you treat your (potential) customers

And we should stop it here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

We treat our customers and prospective customers with the utmost respect - you would see that if you visited our forums and saw how much help everyone is receiving, customer or not.

We treat trolls and people who try to show how smart they are and how self-important they are with the respect they deserve also.

It's up to each individual to fit themselves into one of the two categories above.

I'd like to ask the moderators here to remove off-topic contents, as I am quite sure people interested in the release of the Concorde-X for P3D have zero tolerance for this nonsense.

• Upvote 3

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

You can save the panel in various states including Ready For Takeoff. If you're short of time load that option that has you ready to take-off. You can fly a long way in an hour.

Hi all,

I am also excited about the release for P3D. As I am new to the Concorde I am still  a bit  intimidated about the complexity. I wonder how much work that virtual FE is taking over...

Is there a panel state already presaved for ready to takeoff, or do I have to bring it there myself the first time?

Graet video Mark!

Regards, Perry

Hi all,

I am also excited about the release for P3D. As I am new to the Concorde I am still  a bit  intimidated about the complexity. I wonder how much work that virtual FE is taking over...

Is there a panel state already presaved for ready to takeoff, or do I have to bring it there myself the first time?

Graet video Mark!

It is the most complex aircraft ever produced for FSX but don't be intimidated by that. There is a full tutorial for the EGLL_KJFK route and you're encouraged to save the status of the aircraft at crucial points - before start, before taxi, before take-off etc.

It isn't recommended you leap straight into the before take-off flight as you'll know nothing about what happened previously and that's essential in understanding the aircraft.

The VFE does do a lot of the work regarding fuel management easing your workload. Even after flying Concorde for over a year I still leave it on as it was the work of a separate person in real life.

Read the tutorial before you load the aircraft. Time invested there will reap the benefits later on.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We treat our customers and prospective customers with the utmost respect - you would see that if you visited our forums and saw how much help everyone is receiving, customer or not.

I actually wanted to stay out of this, but I don't think it is classy to accuse Carlito first of conspiracy and then of "showing how important" he is. In my opinion, he simply stated some economical facts. You may or may not agree with him, but theorizing about his motives is not helpful.

As for the "utmost respect" statement: a week or two before the new Concorde was released I stated a simple question on the FSL forum, namely whether the VC had been updated. Obviously you knew the answer, but my question was ignored. You also ignored a question about a comparison between the pricing model for your upcoming A320 and that of Aerosoft for the same airplane. I don't blame you for it, but I personally found Carlito's responses more convincing.

Peter

• Upvote 4

I normally want to stay out of here, but I think over at FSLabs forums my opinion is going be even more "noise", so here it goes:

First, I was one of two who got the refund after OOM using 4k monitor(s), so for that I appreciate the support I got. And looking at the forums I do not doubt the quality of support being offered.

Second, its 2016 now, and many folks would be on 4K or DSR or mving to 4K or using mutliple monitors at 1080p. So its very important to know the limitations of this product in these cases. While its now on the product page, I cannot understand why the thread OOM thread was removed. 

I could understand if FSLabs wanted to remove their offer of refund (made in that thread, to at least Rob), so that more people would not ask for refunds if they were in similar situations. But that could have been stated there in the thread itself, that refund was offered only to people who bought before the high-resolution limitation was put up on the product page or state that offer was only to Rob as a one one time exception and no refunds policy stands for everyone else.

We can still argue as why "no refund" if the product does not work as expected.

Third, is the VC. I have not seen/used the earlier versions of ConcordeX so I had no idea of the VC quality. I just assumed for a $90 product it would be stand up to similiar priced products (hint hint). And that's my fault. Let me just say the VC is pixelated mess. The youtube video does not show VC in close-up for you to see this and the screenshots on the product page are a very low resolution.

I don't have it anymore, but I hope someone posts good quality pics of the VC for folks to get an idea before buying.

• Upvote 3

I can see that some elements are slightly blurred, but this screenshot does not seem to indicate a "pixellated mess". Maybe it's different when seen on a PC monitor? :huh:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0111/FltSimLab/pic_04_05.jpg

I am flying Concorde right now on FSX-SE and this screenshot is exactly what I am seeing.  Definitely not a pixilated mess.  You have to get extremely close to the gauges or text button text before it starts to go blurry something that you would never do on a typical flight.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000