HiFlyer

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Official Teaser Trailer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I saw this on ABC's "Good Morning America" this morning. It's about time they started milking this entertaining cash cow... :LMAO:

Trailer does not feel very Star Wars-y'.  At least it all looks like new story, which I really hated lacking from the last one.

They're also breaking the pattern of the way the movie is titled. If they followed pattern this movie wold be called "Star Wars Rogue One Episode VIII" instead of "Rogue One A Star Wars story"! Not sure that's a great idea.

Its supposed to be a standalone, like a short independant story that takes place within a larger continuing series.

I thought it looked more Star Wars than the force awakens.

Set during the period of the galactic empire, proper storm troopers, proper X wings, proper at-ats, mon mothma, Yavin 4 base, star destroyers, the Death Star......what more do you need? :)

I'm hoping these stand alones that fit in the timeline will have more depth than episode 7 did.

Chris

This looks better to me than what the reboot of Star Trek is doing. And I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

If they're making a decent lightweight action movie in the setting, then that's enough. That is, if they can stay away from too much fan service.

This looks better to me than what the reboot of Star Trek is doing.

J. J. Abrams ruined both of these series as far as I'm concerned.

I am extremely excited about this. I was 5 years old when Star Wars: A New Hope came out and we were told about the Death Star Plans and how many people died to get these plans, well this movie goes back and tells that story.

People who criticize Star Wars have lost touch of their 5 year old inner self. I mean common it's Star Wars for frig sakes. My 15 month old has already taken the Light Sabre as her favourite toy, she smashes it into everything. That's what Star Wars is all about, not to be overthought, it's for kids.

I dunno.  Looks interesting and we have not been told the story of how the original Death Star plans were stolen.  Could be a good aside movie, filling in some gaps in the whole original Star Wars saga.

Jar Jar starts yelling at 0.57  :Whistle:  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was really good. I didn't know anything about it when I saw it and I kept seeing people and places that were familiar and slowly but surely the story became apparent. Genius in my opinion. If they keep doing things like Rogue One and The Force Awakens then Ill be happy.