Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

Is the GTN in GPS mode, and the PFD also showing a Green GPS indication?

Bert

Is the GTN in GPS mode, and the PFD also showing a Green GPS indication?

Yes.  The GTN is in GPS mode and the Green course is displayed correctly in the PFD.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Just playing around...

Clickspots

25143731sz.jpg

PFD popup

25143776nr.jpg

Nice. How about this one?

Ray

popup location for combo w popup2.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yes.  The GTN is in GPS mode and the Green course is displayed correctly in the PFD.

I`ve been struggling as well, it`s like the nav/gps mode is failing to engage, 2 flights now, after take off set hdg for course intercept and it just will not bring up the green gps on the HSI!! anyone else?

tpewpb-6.png

Crazy,on my system it works as expected, I check the file again.

How about FLC?

Hi,

Hate to be the village idiot here but I'm really having difficulty trying to interpret the installation instructions.  Something is just not clicking in my head.  I've read and reread the instructions but no joy.  For instance, when I go to the .cab files in the Gauges folder,  do I move each file still zipped to the CJ2 panel folder, or do I unzip then move?  And am I correct in moving them to the panel folder?

Something in the wording is confusing me. (not hard to do).  Am I the only one having this problem?

Could someone post a simplified step by step procedure that even I can understand.  Thanks.

Jim 

I`ve been struggling as well, it`s like the nav/gps mode is failing to engage, 2 flights now, after take off set hdg for course intercept and it just will not bring up the green gps on the HSI!! anyone else?

Not sure what you are seeing, but the PFD HSI can be set to GPS or VOR1 mode by toggling the Preset button on the left side of the PFD.

Whatever is shown in the Preset box, is the standby setting.

The active setting is in green, higher up on the left side.

Toggle it a few times to get familiar with it.

If the autopilot is set to FD, NAV mode, the top of the PFD will read either GPS or VOR1 as the active autopilot mode.

Bert

For instance, when I go to the .cab files in the Gauges folder, do I move each file still zipped to the CJ2 panel folder, or do I unzip then move? And am I correct in moving them to the panel folder?

Can be done either way, but I suggest:

Unzip them in the Gauges Folder, then move those new folders to the

\Carenado 525A Citation CJ2\Panel Folder.

Keep the 3 CAB files in Gauges, just remember to rename them to something else, like AUTOPILOT_CJ2525A_ORIGINAL.cab, etc.

I was hoping that Ray might address the NAV button issue but apparently he's tied up at the moment. So let me jump in here before things go too far astray and I hope I'm not stepping on anyone’s toes. 

I was a beta tester for these mods. I too can't get the NAV button to activate. Nor, for that matter, can I get FLC to work as it's supposed to. Both of these issues were present during the beta testing—and were resolved in the final beta. Why these fixes (and some others too)  didn't make it into the release version is something I'm sure Ray is working on, as I advised him of these issues last night. In sum, I don't think this is pilot error. 

Janek, I suspect you may be working with source materials that were mistakenly not included in the release version. It may be that when the release version was put together things got mixed up and some older files were used, not the ones from the final beta.

I think it would be helpful if others who are using the release version—in the format it was uploaded for distribution—can report whether they are having problems with activating NAV mode and getting FLC to work as it should. (Right now FLC first descends when you want to climb, and when it finally climbs, it climbs right through any restriction that may have been set.) This would help determine if the problem is a corrupted or improper installation, improper distribution files, or perhaps something machine specific. 

Robert

Edited by macwino

Not sure what you are seeing, but the PFD HSI can be set to GPS or VOR1 mode by toggling the Preset button on the left side of the PFD.

Whatever is shown in the Preset box, is the standby setting.

The active setting is in green, higher up on the left side.

Toggle it a few times to get familiar with it.

If the autopilot is set to FD, NAV mode, the top of the PFD will read either GPS or VOR1 as the active autopilot mode.

The NAV mode on the AP will not engage.  All the other modes work.  I had the same issue with the GTN mod before.  I had to put a flight plan in the ProLine to get the NAV mode to engage then it would track the GTN flight plan.

Hi,

Hate to be the village idiot here but I'm really having difficulty trying to interpret the installation instructions.  Something is just not clicking in my head.  I've read and reread the instructions but no joy.  For instance, when I go to the .cab files in the Gauges folder,  do I move each file still zipped to the CJ2 panel folder, or do I unzip then move?  And am I correct in moving them to the panel folder?

Something in the wording is confusing me. (not hard to do).  Am I the only one having this problem?

Could someone post a simplified step by step procedure that even I can understand.  Thanks.

Jim 

Hi Jim,

PM me if you are still having problems.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I am having the same issue getting the "Nav" button to engage. The work-a-round, for now, from playing around, is to use the "APPR" button as the "Nav" substitute.

I am running FSX (SP2) on Windows 7.

Brian

Ok problem is my list, I check all the files again but it takes more time as I expected. I have to work tomorrow. Stay tuned, I think it's not a big problem.

Same here unable to engage nav button.

Real Deraps

Don't forget to make sure your GTN is main nav source instead of P3D.  Place your mouse pointer on the blue SD card slot on the face of the GTN.  A tooltip should popup.  It should say "Active Nav Source GTN 750 unit 1.  If it does not, right click it.

Ed

Same here. Was a beta tester and had no issues with 1.0. 

With 1.1 I can press the NAV button but it never engages. 

Eddie
KABQ