Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Paulo Ricardo's Rio de Janeiro and others 40% off at Simmarket

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Gregg,

Paulo Ricardo is working on new refinished version of Rio de Janeiro scenery which will include optimizations to the autogen, especially in the East area (Zona Oeste) and other nice additions. I saw some preview screenshots and I can't wait for him to release it. I am in personal contact with him and I can notify you and others here as soon as it will be ready, if you want. Go for Fortaleza, Salvador and São Paulo. As far as Rio is concerned, I would suggest you to wait for the new version, which should be already in final, based on my information. 

Thanks for the heads-up, Gregg. I have TropicalSim versions for Sao Paulo and Rio, and have read great things about Ricardo's work, but am not too sure if I am justified in shelling out for the same two airports unless Ricardo's output is far superior to TropicalSim's.

Anyone owning both or either care to comment on which is better?

Thanks Gregg for the HU.  Just last week I saw his works for the first time and was impressed. Almost bought then but glad I waited. 

Does Sao Paolo work in p3d v3? It just says fsx on the simmarket site so my guess is no

I'd be curious if anyone has tried Rio as well in P3D v3.  Tried to search for a forum but didn't find anything.

Thanks

They should call it the Zika virus Sale. :wink: Not even the Olympians want to fly to Rio this year for the Olympics.

Thanks for the heads-up, Gregg. I have TropicalSim versions for Sao Paulo and Rio, and have read great things about Ricardo's work, but am not too sure if I am justified in shelling out for the same two airports unless Ricardo's output is far superior to TropicalSim's.

Anyone owning both or either care to comment on which is better?

Rick, I highly recommend Paulo's Sao Paulo and Rio packages. They are much, much more than just the airports of Sao Paulo and Rio. They encompass the whole cities with all the high rise building and photoscenery with night textures. Also the current Sao Paulo package also utilizes the Orbx night lights if your running FTX Global. The best part is that all the added building and autogen don't seem to cost any FPS or VAS issues.

In addition, you can disable the airports he includes and use the TropicalSim airports on top of his scenery. Then you get the detailed airports and all his buildings and photoreal coverage.

If you've been to or seen and video of Sao Paulo, you'll see hundreds of high rise building, they are all included in the package and don't pop up into view like normal autogen.

You should watch his youtube videos of Sao Paulo and Rio to see how it looks. It completely transforms the two cities.

Rio works in P3D. I don't know about the installer, i just copied it from FSX a long time ago when i first installed P3D.

I've been there recently with 3.3.5 and everything was fine.

Thanks for that feedback, Sean, but after waiting for someone to reply to my poser, I feel I may have missed the boat with that sale. If not, I'll definitely follow your recommendations, as I feel you have a great insight on Brazilian add-ons.

Thanks for that feedback, Sean, but after waiting for someone to reply to my poser, I feel I may have missed the boat with that sale. If not, I'll definitely follow your recommendations, as I feel you have a great insight on Brazilian add-ons.

Rick, the sale is still on until July 7th. I'm actually going to pick his Salvador and Fortaleza packages while they are still one sale since I already have his Rio and Sao Paulo.

Thanks, Sean for that heads-up. I just hope by then, the £ picks up a few cents.

Can't decide which to get, I have a limited budget. Which are the "must-have" ones from Paulo Ricardo?

Cheers!/Andreas

Gregg,

Paulo Ricardo is working on new refinished version of Rio de Janeiro scenery which will include optimizations to the autogen, especially in the East area (Zona Oeste) and other nice additions. I saw some preview screenshots and I can't wait for him to release it. I am in personal contact with him and I can notify you and others here as soon as it will be ready, if you want. Go for Fortaleza, Salvador and São Paulo. As far as Rio is concerned, I would suggest you to wait for the new version, which should be already in final, based on my information.

So this newer version is not the v5 which is being sold right now?

So this newer version is not the v5 which is being sold right now?

Correct.

I picked up Salvador and it is excellent. I sure would like to pick up and Sao Paulo and Rio.  If I go ahead and buy Rio now would anyone have any idea what the upgrade price would be when it comes out.  If it is imminent it may be better to wait.   

PAULO RICARDO FSX - MEGA SAO PAULO FSX
star16.pngstar16.pngstar16.pngstar16.pngstar16.png
EUR 28.90

EUR 17.34

20 gigs between them . Massive project , tiny price

Can anyone who has these to sceneries care to post the library order. Ive had to put them on another drive and install manually but documentation is possibly the worst I have ever seen

However it is stunning! I think I have the order right, just want to double check

Can someone confirm that these packs come with multiple detailed airports? I can't quite tell from the descriptions but it seems like an unreal price for what you get.

Cheers, Pete

On 6/27/2016 at 1:57 AM, Nuno Pinto said:

Rio works in P3D. I don't know about the installer, i just copied it from FSX a long time ago when i first installed P3D.

I've been there recently with 3.3.5 and everything was fine.

I went ahead and did what you said, installing it in FSX then copying the files into P3D. I also disabled Rio de Janeiro Scenery\Cities\Rio, thinking it was the problem with the issues I'm having in the screenshots below, the double Christ and double bridge, since that's also disabled in FSX, but it didn't solve the double objects. I also have Orbx Global Vector, but couldn't see anything there that could be causing an issue. One thing I did noticed, when I ran the Orbx Global Vector configuration, in FSX it moved the files lower than my Orbx scenery, but didn't do that in P3D. I've manually moved it below and also left it above to see if it made any difference, but my issue is not elevation, it's just the double objects as you can see. Any ideas?

jesus_zpsc5sd7b36.jpg

dblbridge_zpsmkcvhf1k.jpg

Never mind, I figured out what the problem is, now my Rio scenery looks just like it does in FSX on P3D.  If anyone else comes across this issue and you didn't know how to fix it, I simply when into my P3D Scenery folder, then choose 0405 folder, and in that folder there is another scenery folder. Once in there, you want to disable OBX36400.bgl file to look like this, OBX36400.bgl.OFF. That did the trick for me, and I'm a happy camper. Now Paulo Ricardo Mega Rio de Janeiro has become a real bargain, since I got it on sale and can now use it on both FSX and P3D.

I have a couple of nice Caribbean scenery I have been able to only use in FSX till now, and I think I'm going to do the same with those to see if I can migrate them into P3D.

• Upvote 1

Glad you sorted it out, that's what the installer does as well, it disables the default stuff that's not required.

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Coincidentally the sale on these are back on at simmarket.

Yeah, it's been on sale for some time