Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

CLOSED: Take our survey and have your say in shaping the future of flight simulation (plus there are prizes to be won!)

Greetings simmers, and welcome to the Dovetail Games Flight Simulation Survey! By completing this survey, you are helping us to understand what you as a community want in a flight simulation experience. This information will help us to hone future projects, and improve how we communicate with not only our players, but the wider flight simulation community as a whole. 

Once you have completed the survey, you have the option of entering a draw for the chance to win one of two TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals courtesy of Thrustmaster as our way of saying thank you. Competition rules, terms, and conditions can be found here:https://fsxinsider.com/comprules 

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill our survey, and look forward to seeing you in the virtual skies! 

Click this link to complete the survey and enter the competition - https://eSurv.org?u=flightsimsurvey 

-Dovetail Games Flight Simulation team

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Seriously. I spend 25 minutes on the survey only to find out you HAVE to drag and rearrange ALL the items in question 14, 43, 49 and 51. So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests) and then rearrange them ALL while most of the options aren't of interest to me. Are you kidding me?! Question 51 alone has 62 options to drag and order!

Thanks for letting me spoil half an hour of my life with this crap. This doesn't really help to make me a customer, I can tell you.

In the end I dragged ALL items to the right without rearranging them just so I wouldn't have done all the work for nothing. So don't trust the results of those questions too much, I'd say. Who came up with this stupid idea, I wonder. Yes, I am a bit ######. Good luck with your sim.

• Upvote 4

Most of the "drag and drop" question answers did not apply to me, so I was unable to complete the survey. A shame. I agree with Jeroen that those questions need to be addressed and modified.

• Upvote 1

Seriously. I spend 25 minutes on the survey only to find out you HAVE to drag and rearrange ALL the items in question 14, 43, 49 and 51. So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests) and then rearrange them ALL while most of the options aren't of interest to me. Are you kidding me?! Question 51 alone has 62 options to drag and order!

Thanks for letting me spoil half an hour of my life with this crap. This doesn't really help to make me a customer, I can tell you.

In the end I dragged ALL items to the right without rearranging them just so I wouldn't have done all the work for nothing. So don't trust the results of those questions too much, I'd say. Who came up with this stupid idea, I wonder. Yes, I am a bit ######. Good luck with your sim.

Same here. I tried to give input, but after spending half an hour and completing all questions to finally detect the form was not accepted (probably for the same reason as for Jeron) I'll not try it again.

Kind regards, Michael

Someone at Dovetail does not know customer relations.

If I were Dovetail, I would immediately take down that survey and redo it. You can get your answers but with more and much shorter question/answers.

Those drag and drop questions are totally beyond what most people are willing to do. I gave up also.

• Upvote 2

So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests) and then rearrange them ALL while most of the options aren't of interest to me. Are you kidding me?! Question 51 alone has 62 options to drag and order!

There certainly are a lot of options in question 51. They are all suggestions and feature requests from your fellow flight sim players. While they might not all be of interest to you, they might be to others. We have included as many of the most frequently requested items from the community in the list  as we can. Now we want the community helps us decide what the priority of these features are. 

We know that it takes a while to do this, but what the community tells us now will help to shape our plans for DTG Flight Simulator over the next few years and beyond. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 2

It would be better if I only had to move the items over that are of interest to me. There is absolutely no point whatsoever putting all of them in order when 90% of them are irrelevant to me. I would just be copying and pasting for the sake of it, and it would therefore be meaningless (as Jeroen has already indicated).

• Upvote 1

I don't think you can expect anyone to 1. drag all entries left to right (why is that step needed anyway) and 2. to rearrange them all in a desired order, specially when a lot of the items are of no interest to you. All this doesn't take a while, it takes way too long. If even some of the most dedicated simmers on this forum find this too much, I shouldn't expect the less dedicated gamers spending any time on this.

But what is even more annoying is the fact you only find out about this after completing the survey.

My advice: allow people to only drag items of interest left to right and that's it. That should give you the best information on what people want. These long lists simply won't work. And it simply is impossible to order items I am not interested in. I could leave them as they are but then you would think it is my desired order...

But hey, it is your survey so if you want to do it like this, feel free to do so, but it won't result in happy customers.

EDIT

What Christopher said while I was typing. ;)

So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests)

????

From the survey:

"Please drag and drop from the box on the left into the box on the right."

It is written left to right. :Nail Biting:

My advice: allow people to only drag items of interest left to right and that's it. That should give you the best information on what people want.

That's correct. A good advice.

????

From the survey:

"Please drag and drop from the box on the left into the box on the right."[/size]

It is written left to right. :Nail Biting:.

It is now, yes. ;)

It is now, yes. ;)

Aaaahhh. I see.  :wink:

There certainly are a lot of options in question 51. They are all suggestions and feature requests from your fellow flight sim players. While they might not all be of interest to you, they might be to others. We have included as many of the most frequently requested items from the community in the list  as we can. Now we want the community helps us decide what the priority of these features are. 

We know that it takes a while to do this, but what the community tells us now will help to shape our plans for DTG Flight Simulator over the next few years and beyond. 

- Martin 

I answered the survey, but I have to agree, it´s too long. The big problem is this part we have to drag all the features. 

I follow the others´ suggestions, would be better if you only had to put the features we would like to be improved.

Actually, I did NOT "drag everything" and reorder in priority. I dragged only those items that hold some interest for me. The only complaint I got were two questions I thought I'd answered but had missed.

My survey results were accepted as submitted.

I too found that those "drag/drop/reorder" questions were too lengthy.

• Upvote 2

I can simplify it to some degree.

Make a plausible living breathing world as good as what we see in GTA V for PC.

Offer high quality aircraft with realistic systems and handling.

Realistic weather and lighting.

That covers it for me.

Of course all of this again leads us to a virtual world someday where most everything we do in real life can be simulated on your computer whether it be flying or racing cars.

First to build said virtual world- wins.

Actually, I did NOT "drag everything" and reorder in priority. I dragged only those items that hold some interest for me. The only complaint I got were two questions I thought I'd answered but had missed.

My survey results were accepted as submitted.

I too found that those "drag/drop/reorder" questions were too lengthy.

That's exactly what I did first because it seemed to be the most logical thing to do but my results weren't accepted and all those drag and drop questions were marked red. My results were only accepted after dragging each and every item to the right (in random order...). Did you do the survey just now? In that case they must have changed an option so you do not have to drag absolutely everything.

EDIT

Yes, the changed a few things. I went back to the survey and all my selections and answers were saved: nice as I am I took the time to drag all the items that didn't interest me from those dreaded lists back to the left again, leaving only the ones I was interested in on the right and this time the survey was accepted immediately.

Would have been nice if they posted something about it here. Like a thank-you-for-improving-our-survey. :hi: :wink: Well, at least you can say DTG DOES listen to their (upcoming) customers...

EDIT 2

LOL I noticed they also added this to the drag and drop questions: "Please note, you need to arrange all of the boxes in order for the question to be answered)." Funny because it is NOT needed anymore LOL

I started this topic being a bit ###### but it's getting rather funny now... :Tounge:

Well that was 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back. But, oh how I'd love to feel those pedals under my toes.  :wink:

DTG

Just wasted 3 hours completeing survey

plus populating text boxes with extensive data.

Clicked SUBMIT,

only to have esurv wipe all contents irrecoverably

Warning: Javascript or cookies are not enabled!
You must enable Javascript and Cookies else your response will NOT be saved.

The Agree, Disagree, No opinion questions were a tad bit redundant. At least some of them. If for one opinion I say agree, naturally the next question framing the exact opposite position of the original question would automatically take shape of true/false based on the answer given for said question.

For example:

I have never heard of Dovetail Games..

I know a lot about Dovetail Games..

I know very little about Dovetail Games..

and the list goes on for quite a while.

If those could be compressed into a smaller quantity, you'd have the same results yet less time consuming or repetitive in nature.

I did have fun filling those opinion questions out though, made me feel like I'm judging my significant other in some cheesy magazine based questionnaire. :P

i think that everyone that completes the survey should get a prize  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

The Agree, Disagree, No opinion questions were a tad bit redundant. At least some of them. If for one opinion I say agree, naturally the next question framing the exact opposite position of the original question would automatically take shape of true/false based on the answer given for said question.

For example:

I have never heard of Dovetail Games..

I know a lot about Dovetail Games..

I know very little about Dovetail Games..

and the list goes on for quite a while.

This is by design. Any questionnaire having checked "I have never heard of Dovetail Games" PLUS "I know a lot about Dovetail Games" at the same time gets discarded. Don't laugh, there are such principles in "questionnaire science."

I highly doubt flightsimmers will have fun with such, though. I am afraid this questionnaire might fail the same way FlightSchool did. After spending half an hour carefully filling this form not being accepted later, I am tempted to use one of the words forbidden at AVSIM.

Kind regards, Michael

After spending half an hour carefully filling this form not being accepted later, I am tempted to use one of the words forbidden at AVSIM.

LOL

Hi Jeroen,

Your posts are always worth stopping to read! :)

I am torn between not risking a slot in my lifetime for a company that seems to have a really hard time even being able to talk to us without getting everyone riled up!

Have had enough of that already!

Sheech!

Well here goes... Clicking the link.

Report:

That was fun...Not!

The slider answers thing was almost impossible to work right. Finally after all the frustration I just concentrated on getting stuff over. All that stuff will give them useless false positives. What a waste of my time and their opportunity to have good information and leave a good impression.

I hope they can build a flight simulator better than they can build a survey.

Kind regards,

• Upvote 2

Well, I did (sort of) warn you, Stephen... ;) But thanks for the compliment! :)