Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!

The crt curvature should show up well with my TIR.

spacer.png

Yea I know how it works, I'm just messing around, if your not a well known You Tuber/Streamer like Froogle or other insider don't hold your breath. I'm a nobody in the simming world, just a wallet. Who knows, maybe 4 years after this one comes out I'll finally be able to get it! LOL

That actually not true at all. Froogle is the only person on the Beta Team who was a well known entity in that regard prior to being invited to the team. If you're lumping me in that, then you need to do a little research. I don't think I'm that well known, and even if I were, the only reason I would be recognized over on YouTube was my video of the 777 Beta. This, of course, means that I was invited on prior to that.

In the video, it was noted that it's all about getting to know us, which usually comes from interactions in the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Always a very exciting time when PMDG products reach this stage. Cue the PMDG pre-release Ibiza parties :dance:

Speaking of Froogle, he did mention in his latest news update that he is shortly planning one of his 'fully loaded' series videos. I'm strongly assuming that the 747 will be it - and hopefully before actual release so that we can all be frothing at the mouth just a little bit more.

Ah, it looks bloody fantastic, as always. This will be my way back to simming for a good amount of time. 

Will those mentioned improvements also find their way onto the FSX platform then or will they be P3D exclusive? It would make sense, but for us FSX diehards (haha, it's 2006 all over again), these kinds of worries start to surface in the face of ever evolving fidelity.

Will those mentioned improvements also find their way onto the FSX platform then or will they be P3D exclusive? It would make sense, but for us FSX diehards (haha, it's 2006 all over again), these kinds of worries start to surface in the face of ever evolving fidelity.

I think the improvements he was referring to were generic, and not sim dependent. Obviously, if something isn't brought back into a platform, it's due to the platform not supporting it.

Kyle Rodgers

Speaking of Froogle, he did mention in his latest news update that he is shortly planning one of his 'fully loaded' series videos. I'm strongly assuming that the 747 will be it - and hopefully before actual release so that we can all be frothing at the mouth just a little bit more.

Oh that would be most excellent.

spacer.png

Does anyone know what those lights are called?

Also visible in this image is the Para-Visual Display, an interesting little techno device that uses input from the ILS and the FMS in order to increase the crew's awareness of runway centerline tracking during low visibility conditions.

Thanks for that.

I guess when all else fails, read the original post in its entirety

I think the improvements he was referring to were generic, and not sim dependent. Obviously, if something isn't brought back into a platform, it's due to the platform not supporting it.

Thank you for clearing it up a bit, Kyle. Hoping for the best, then.  :smile:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was referring to! 

That actually not true at all. Froogle is the only person on the Beta Team who was a well known entity in that regard prior to being invited to the team. If you're lumping me in that, then you need to do a little research. I don't think I'm that well known, and even if I were, the only reason I would be recognized over on YouTube was my video of the 777 Beta. This, of course, means that I was invited on prior to that.

In the video, it was noted that it's all about getting to know us, which usually comes from interactions in the forum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad thing, its your guys company, and your product not mine, you can run it how you feel you need to run it. I would love to be on the beta team, not because I want anything for free but because I think I can be an asset to helping you test it. But I understand the reality of the situation that there are people here that have been on the forums a LOT longer then me, have been using PMDG products a lot longer then me, and would get invited a heck of a lot sooner then me, you'd probably be previewing the PMDG 797 before that ever happened! LOL 

But I did pick up one tidbit....making y'all laugh! 

48dDoec.jpg

sKHBuYG.jpg

mbFC6Mt.jpg

LMAO, I'll stop now! 

• Upvote 1

If you can release it by Nov I'll get someone to buy it for me as a birthday present!

Probably not much hope of that, but fantastic news nevertheless :dance:

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

If you can release it by Nov I'll get someone to buy it for me as a birthday present!

Probably not much hope of that, but fantastic news nevertheless :dance:

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

If you look back to the 777, it went to beta on Aug 1st and even with a fault that was found during the beta testing it was released early September, so with the extensive testing that the 747 has been put through by the tech team, a November release may be possible if all goes well.

How will this compare to the Aerowinx PSX? Unfortunately this has been developed for the wrong sim in my opinion - Xplane 10/11 is the future. 

Felicity Sagshaw.

Hey,

Can you let some/all testers post videos as they do their jobs? Even if only through your channels, would be great to see the testing process and its a much more current way to tease the product. 

Thx!

Max 

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Xplane 10/11 is the future. 

Not if immersion into the commercial side of simming is your bag, then P3D is the future.  Austin has not made it any sort of priority to smoothly incorporate AI traffic and ATC is hideous.  I know, I have XPX.

spacer.png

X-Plane is great from a graphical standpoint, looking down a runway at dusk in XPX is amazing! As far as what the future is, P3D is amazing but remember, LM is not licensed by MS for entertainment use, which means that they are rather limited in the markets they can target. Now that being said, DTG has some lofty goals for their Flight Simulator, and engine wise, DTG Flight School runs really smooth, its a nice evolution on the base FSX/P3D engine.