Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!

Don't forget London Gatwick (EGKK), Virgin Atlantic have a number of 747-400 flights from there. Off the top of my head they go to Orlando, Las Vegas, Cancun, Montego Bay, Havana.

Yup for sure.  

You can download the 747-400 Advanced Operations Tutorial by Holger Seilzit here: http://www.flightsim...archid=50802966

many thanks Mike

Do you know what liveries will be included at time of release?

Not sure, but we generally include an example of each of the real world liveries and a few historic ones (especially important, given the retirement rates lately).

This is what was done for the FSX version, which should be a good example of how comprehensive the list was then:

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/liveries.html#fragment-40

That list is no guarantee of what will be out for this one, however.

Kyle Rodgers

Just curious, when would you choose to fly a 747 vs a 777?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Depends on how realistic you want to be. I tend to reflect the real world on the type I choose when flying on Vatsim - and I only fly on Vatsim. So there will be alot of BA, Virgin, Lufthansa and cargo hauling operators for me.

How about the famous Kai Tak approach on a legacy equipped 747? 

DLH long-haul (especially the -8)

Probably every time the automation on the 777 is not the thing I want for any particular flight.

How about the famous Kai Tak approach on a legacy equipped 747?

Oh yeah, bring it...

spacer.png

Just because it is a 747?   It is my favourite airliner of all time, don't need more reason than that really.

Regards

Out of the 3 Boeings, 737, 777 and 747, what would be the order of easiest to fly in terms of automation and technological advancement?

I assume it would be the 777, 737, followed by the 747 last (being the hardest to fly).

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Out of the 3 Boeings, 737, 777 and 747, what would be the order of easiest to fly in terms of automation and technological advancement?

I assume it would be the 777, 737, followed by the 747 last (being the hardest to fly).

Easier or harder to fly is not a description you'll hear most pilots use.  Any aircraft can be difficult if you lack the skills and knowledge required to master it.  Systems complexity might be a descriptor however a very complex system can be easy to operate.

From a hobbyist point of view i imagine the B737 would be the most complex with the least automation, but it certainly is not harder or easier to fly than the B777.  Some would have a favorite, I think the B736 is the most fun to fly but it has the same complexity as the B739.

You might want to take this philosophical discussion to a different thread.

• Upvote 5

Dan Downs KCRP

Interesting tidbits about the hydraulic system:

(...)

That is just a tiny glimpse into the level of depth you get with the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II...

Hi Robert,

Speaking for myself - but I suspect on behalf of many simmers - I'm quite interested in some more tidbits and somewhat bigger glimpses into the depth of the Queen. It did immediately make me look with a different perspective on my PMDG's, although I have to admit I already forgot the fine details but that's not really the point. The point is: normally I just look at my CDU's, seeing what the results of me moving some controls and pushing some buttons are. But with the extra info like you give, I noticed that I'm not longer really looking AT my displays but a bit more THROUGH them as it were and I begin imagining what's going on inside the mysterious realm that lies within the walls of the airplane. To stay in Flightsim terms: the airplane just occupies quite a bit more of VAS space inside my head (wich is roughly 136789631 bit by the way so at the moment no OOMS present, just the occasional OOPS)

Of course I can find lot's of info on the internet about all the systems and also in the documents you provide with the aircraft, but somehow the urge to really dive into those documents searching for those nice tidbits has never really caught on with me and I just focus on the flying part instead. But if someone as enthousiastic as you takes the time to explain it in a understandable manner it's just a really fun way of going a bit deeper into the simulation and in the process also maybe becoming a better pilot.

Also, I did very much like the videos in wich you and Pete (Froogle) discussed things related to PMDG, all during a live simulated flight. So, doing some basic math...is there maybe any change we can combine these things? Would be fun I think, every once in a while a video in wich you and Pete record a flight and discuss a portion of a simulated system - a sort of PMDG Masterclass  :p0303:  in a fun and relaxed setting. I can imagine it would be fun for you too, as it is a great chance to show the amount of work that goes into the manufacturing of a virtual airplane (because that's what you really are: Aircraft Manufacturers, albeit of the virtual kind)

Anyway, (VAS) food for thought!

Flyin' Greetings,

Robin Heinis

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Just gonna slip my usual request in here:

Please please please make sure to run through the tutorials before jumping online. A bunch of people flying planes they aren't either knowledgeable or familiar with is never fun for the controllers. Run the tutorials and the Intro Manual, even if it's just a refresher.

That is no fun in the real world either!! Just Sayin!

Scott

RW Controller

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

IMG_1843.jpg

I'm laying over in Seattle all month and it's been quite a while since I've been to the Museum of Flight, so I thought I'd check it out. Part of the new edition is a pavilion housing numerous aircraft that have a special place in aviation history, and much to my excitement I was able to tour this beauty. Even better was finding this thread after I got back to the hotel. I can't even describe the feeling of walking through RA001, it was completely surreal and it made me incredibly proud to be a Boeing driver myself, albeit on the 757/767. Getting to see this airplane makes me even more anxious for this release than I otherwise would have been.

On another note, I have a question/request. We were taxiing around SeaTac the other night and I happened to notice the taxi light sort of fading in and out as you turn it on and off. FS doesn't model this very well, at least not as a default. If there's a program that handles this, then disregard, but I think it would be cool to add this as an effect. Turning the lights on and off in the sim seem to give you an instant all or nothing effect, not a fade in/out like real lamps do when they're turned on and off. It's a very minor thing but I think it's kind of a cool effect. Anyway, just food for thought but I'm very much looking forward to this release.

Sean Wood

• Upvote 3

On another note, I have a question/request. We were taxiing around SeaTac the other night and I happened to notice the taxi light sort of fading in and out as you turn it on and off. FS doesn't model this very well, at least not as a default. If there's a program that handles this, then disregard, but I think it would be cool to add this as an effect. Turning the lights on and off in the sim seem to give you an instant all or nothing effect, not a fade in/out like real lamps do when they're turned on and off. It's a very minor thing but I think it's kind of a cool effect. Anyway, just food for thought but I'm very much looking forward to this release.

I think that might be an engine limitation. It would be a cool effect though! 

• Upvote 1

i know that PMDG will model the effect of light noise gear in all B747's ( ER,ERF,BCF,M,8), 

this is from the B747 classic. for PMDG nothing is impossible

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

Not sure, but we generally include an example of each of the real world liveries and a few historic ones (especially important, given the retirement rates lately).

This is what was done for the FSX version, which should be a good example of how comprehensive the list was then:

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/liveries.html#fragment-40

That list is no guarantee of what will be out for this one, however.

Thank you!