Sign in to follow this  
klamal

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

What a great series!!! Congrats, Cubbies!!!!! Woooooohooooo!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

An amazing team!  An incredible year!  I never thought I'd see this day, but it is finally here! This is for all the die-hard fans who, like me, have waited their whole lives to see the organization win a championship.  Hundreds of baseball games attended, thousands of games watched on TV and heard over the radio, years of suffering and heartbreak....it was all worth it.  I only wish those who are no longer with us could be here to see this joyous day.  May the "W" fly proudly over the friendly confines for years to come!  And, of course, GO CUBS GO!!!

-Elliot

• Upvote 2

Indians fan but a great series and exciting finish.....congratulations to the Cubs!!

And a huge congrats to the Indians too!  What a great team as well.  They deserve to be there and deserve to win too!  You can be very proud of your team!!!!  It's just the Cubs turn first since we've been waiting longer!   :smile:

An amazing team!  An incredible year!  I never thought I'd see this day, but it is finally here! This is for all the die-hard fans who, like me, have waited their whole lives to see the organization win a championship.  Hundreds of baseball games attended, thousands of games watched on TV and heard over the radio, years of suffering and heartbreak....it was all worth it.  I only wish those who are no longer with us could be here to see this joyous day.  May the "W" fly proudly over the friendly confines for years to come!  And, of course, GO CUBS GO!!!

-Elliot

Amen!!!!!  It is just unbelievable to finally say "The Cubs are World Series Champs!!!!!"  after all these years!!!!!  Unbelievable!!!!!

Hi Folks, very happy also that the Cubbies got the World Series yesterday (or today morning???). What a game!!!. These players are really warriors!!!. Congrats to Maddon, Zobrist, Bryant, Rizzo, Russell, Baez, Fowler, Heyward, Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks, Montgomery, Lackey, Ross, Chapman, Edwards Jr, Wood, Coghlan, all, all!!!. What a prospect is Schwarber!!!. Congrats also to my fellow countrymen Miguel Montero, Rondon, Wilson Contreras and Henry Blanco for their excellent work during the whole year. They deserved to win, they're simply the best!!!. And RIP for the Indians.... (they were absolutely very good rivals).

Cheers, Ed

I'm struggling here with the World champion thing, as far as I know all the teams involved were from one country only, am I missing something ?

I'm struggling here with the World champion thing, as far as I know all the teams involved were from one country only, am I missing something ?

It's just a reference to the 'old days' of the 1880's, where the Championship Series was coined "World's Series". It sounded more grandiose, so the name stuck.

Besides... nowadays, players do participate from all over the World. Plus, playing in the MLB is considered to be the pinnacle, the Summit, for a Professional Baseball player.

The Cubbies? Team of Destiny. They weren't going to be denied this year. They fought hard, had some injuries to key players, but kept it together to emerge triumphant.

Alan   :smile:

• Upvote 1

:Party:I never thought I'd get to see this day!!! I've been waiting my whole life for this and I still can't believe that I can finally say "the Cubs are the World Series champions!!!" I just wish I was still living in Chicago so I could see the celebrations. Congrats to the Indians too though. It was a great game and a great series that is going to be remembered for a long, long time to come. LETS GO CUBS!!

You gotta love how americans call "world" champions to the winner of a tournament played only in and by their country...

• Upvote 1

You gotta love how americans call "world" champions to the winner of a tournament played only in and by their country...

I would think that some of the foreign born Players for both the Cubs and Indians would disagree...

Don't forget that Canada has a team ( at one point it was two). Congratulations to the Cubs and their fans. Awesome series.

The Toronto Blue Jays have won it twice, therefore it is international. Also most teams have players from around the world as baseball is popular throughout Latin America and Japan as well as Canada and the USA

Most of Toronto's star players come from Dominican Republic and Mexico for example and Toronto's fan base extends across Canada giving the Blue Jays the highest attendance records in the league. I always considered Toronto an international team due to its diversity

Montreal Expos was the same when they had a team

Not my joke, but I saw it this morning and it made me laugh - relevant to the topic at hand:

Two Chicagoans die in an unfortunate car wreck. Tragic, but considering they didn’t exactly spend their days helping old ladies cross the street or volunteering at the Boys and Girls club,  this pair of fellows went straight down to Hades.

The Devil, as is his custom, goes to greet his two newest eternal residents, and despite rivers of lava and torrents of brimstone, they’re standing around in jackets.

“Not hot enough for you?” asked the Devil.

“What, this? Nah, this is like a Spring day in Chicago.”

The Devil doesn’t take lightly to such a slight, so he decides to really turn things up. The renewed eternal hellfire and inferno has made the screams of the tormented souls in hell even louder. Rivers of lava overflowing their banks. The Devil goes to check on his two Chicagoans, and sure enough he sees them lounging in shorts and t-shirts.

“Not hot enough for you?” the Devil queries, bewildered.

“What, this? Nah, this is like a July in Chicago. In fact, I think the humidity was worse in the summer of ’96.”

The Devil is even more incensed. He comes up with a new idea. Turn the thermostat way down. The cursed souls in Hell are greeted by new but equally unbearable type of torture. The lava stops flowing, brimstone stops glowing, and wouldn’t you know it, the ground they stand on has frozen solid.

The Devil again searches out his two Chicagoans, and to his dismay, they’re hugging and cheering.

“What’s this all about!?” the Devil roared.

“THEY’VE DONE IT, IT’S FINALLY HAPPENED, THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!”

• Upvote 1

Do a little research. Many of the players come from Central and South America. we don't require that any player be an American. There are players from all over the world.

Do a little research. Many of the players come from Central and South America. we don't require that any player be an American. There are players from all over the world.

I'm with you. I tend to think some people must do a big research just to learn to live and live to learn.

Cheers, Ed

Still not a world series, sorry guys but there is a big world out there.

Soccer has a world cup, contested by nations from around the world., that's a world series

To call a domestic competition a "world series" is really disrespectful, America, fantastic place that it is, is not the "world"

Anyway well done the Cubs, who won what was obviously a very difficult domestic competition. :Applause:

I would think that some of the foreign born Players for both the Cubs and Indians would disagree...

I would think that all of the players who have actually won the Baseball world cup would disagree even more...

Lol what does that have to do with anything? You're the one that meeds to do more research, into a little thing called the baseball WORLD cup... (I'll give you a hint, it's not your yearly local tournament..)

To call a domestic competition a "world series" is really disrespectful, America, fantastic place that it is, is not the "world"

According to Europeans of the 16th century. We are the "New World"  :Tounge:

The World Baseball Classic will be held once again in 2017 (this time in Los Angeles) and will feature top professional players from 16 counties. All the players from the U.S. in the past have been form MLB and most of the Canadians were also. The series started in 2006 and Japan leads with 2 wins and 1 third, followed by the Dominican Republic, South Korea, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Venezuela. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.