Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Hard to believe, EZdok V2 close.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Amazing how a little competition, by way of Chase Plane spawns development and improvement in what has been, essentially, a monopoly by EzDok

Amazing how a little competition, by way of Chase Plane spawns development and improvement in what has been, essentially, a monopoly by EzDok

Been using Opus camera's for a couple of years now, and EZYDOK has not had total monopoly :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

And there's Aivlasoft Easycam for only 7 eur.

Only for the VC, but works perfect and sooo simple

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Guest JustanotherPilot

Been using Opus camera's for a couple of years now, and EZYDOK has not had total monopoly :)

I stand corrected

Simple Cam is entirely free and will allow you to set VC views.

Ian R Tyldesley

Simple Cam is entirely free and will allow you to set VC views.

And that's pretty much all it does, not really a replacement for all that Ezdok brings to the table.

imho, the cameras in opus have always been superior to ezdok anyway, especially when you consider they are matched to weather based effects, turbulence etc. Much more convincing movements and not just random generations

Guest JustanotherPilot

And there's Aivlasoft Easycam for only 7 eur.

Only for the VC, but works perfect and sooo simple

I was figuratively speaking.. sorry now I made the post.

Don't worry Steve I know what you meant! While not technically the only game in town it was no doubt the most used camera solution for esp based sims. Actually it always surprised me how prevalent it was considering all its lack of support and slow development but once installed it was fantastic.

Still it's good to see it moving again. Great to have multiple developers as they have slightly different solutions and approaches. Looking forward to seeing more about v2.

Chris

Guest JustanotherPilot

Don't worry Steve I know what you meant! While not technically the only game in town it was no doubt the most used camera solution for esp based sims. Actually it always surprised me how prevalent it was considering all its lack of support and slow development but once installed it was fantastic.

Still it's good to see it moving again. Great to have multiple developers as they have slightly different solutions and approaches. Looking forward to seeing more about v2.

Chris

Thank you Chris, someone who doesn't hold you literally to your words and understood my comment - I'm reluctant now to express another view.

Too late for me. Using ChasePlane now - and I am really glad to have it. Works perfectly.

So no need to go back to EZDok. I always hated this software....

• Upvote 1

Will this new EZDOK also be published via flight1? 

Will this Update be free for existing users or do we have to buy it again? 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Been using Opus camera's for a couple of years now,

Me too.  Never had a probelm - and love the xbox controller walkaround capability

Too late for me, I switched to Chaseplane since it appeared there was no further Ezdok development.  Ezdok did work pretty well once you got it set up but it was a bit of a pain to set up at times. Looks interesting and worth keeping an eye on....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Will this new EZDOK also be published via flight1? 

Will this Update be free for existing users or do we have to buy it again?

I'm not sure but if it is a new version and not an upgrade you are going to have to buy it. I'm okay with that. I've had enjoyed EZDok for a long time.
  • Upvote 1