Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

Has anyone noticed their 717 sinking into the ground using ORBX's YMML? Mine sinks down to the wings.

Are you sure your gear is actually down? The 717 has a persistent state by default so if you were flying with the gear up when you closed the sim (or started a new flight) it will load with the gear still up, fuselage resting on the ground.

If that isn't the case, have you tested other aircraft of similar size?

Are you sure your gear is actually down? The 717 has a persistent state by default so if you were flying with the gear up when you closed the sim (or started a new flight) it will load with the gear still up, fuselage resting on the ground.

If that isn't the case, have you tested other aircraft of similar size?

Hi,

Thanks for that, I think that was the problem - I forgot about the persistent state. Thanks for your help

David Porrett

Thanks for that, I think that was the problem - I forgot about the persistent state. Thanks for your help

David, if it makes you feel better, I was suffering the same issue.

Although there are teething problems, I am quite happy with the 717. The MCP logic (Prof instead of VNAV) and the FMS (Honeywell, I believe) reminds me very much of the Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100. I hope that - in contrast to the DA Fokker - TFDi will completely develop this promising bird.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I agree, but still question the wisdom of doing this way. I guess what is getting more fuzzy is the idea that one now pays for a beta and hopes that the product will be improved. I'd rather have Laminar's approach, where they give you a demo option so that, while it's in beta, you get to try it .

I did purchase the 717 because I want a Maddog replacement. I am, however, a bit annoyed at the fact that, in my case, the frame rates are not steady.

tony

I think this aircraft was in fact released a bit early.  I have been unable to complete a full flight due to numerous issues.  The throttle logic needs to be tweaked, it's quite annoying to have the surge in power when trying to spool above idle. I am unable to hold LNAV track, especially with a crosswind component and the autothrotlle is not working correctly as I have had overspeed/underspeed  issues in cruise (using managed mode) causing me to have to terminate the flight.   Exterior lighting is very dim along with the VC lighting.  The VC lighting turns off around sunset/sunrise and I cannot see anything, the lights should maintain their functionality for alonger period after sunride and before sunset.  MCDU is only partially functional and it will not display estimated times, toc and tod (TFDI will be adding this). I also cannot open the GSX menu at all with this airplane. It performs worse than the NGX in an apples to apples comparison by as much as 25%, and this seems to be worse after the recent TFDI fix/update. I would have put it more in line, maybe slightly worse than the NGX before the fix.

Overall I think this aircraft has great potential but I am going to hangar it until some of these issues are fixed.  I'm a bit surprised that some of these things passed beta testing.  That being said, I think the VC is fantastic (except for the lighting issues) and the sounds are top notch.  I'm confident this will be a great product once it becomes a bit more polished.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

After a few more hours in it, I would have to agree - it's packed with potential, but it's riddled with flaws, many of which it's surprising to see pass beta testing, like the night lighting around sunset/sunrise and the laggy engine response.

That being said, the lead developer did say a huge update was coming in a week or so, and it seems like they're committed to bringing up to standard.

• Upvote 2

. I also cannot open the GSX menu at all with this airplane.

Have you tried again recently?  A recent update fixed this for me.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Have you tried again recently?  A recent update fixed this for me.

I have the latest update and no luck.  Funny thing is that I was getting the GSX menu at first but it took up the entire screen and I could not resize it.  Now all of a sudden I'm not getting a menu at all....??

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I have the latest update and no luck. Funny thing is that I was getting the GSX menu at first but it took up the entire screen and I could not resize it. Now all of a sudden I'm not getting a menu at all....??

think its  a  p3d  issue  since  no issue   with  me  from the  start  using  fsx   so if  you  are using  p3d  than head over  to the fdst  forum  been noted  there

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have parked the B717 into the hangar and switched back to my beloved DC-9.  I think the B717 needs some more fixes....

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

There is no way I will fly this until they fix the autosave with FSUIPC. It is too frustrating to loose a flight to a bug in the software or OOM and unable to reload and continue.

I don't have this aircraft...yet.  I am definitely interested in it though.

One of my pet peeves with developers, though, are those who utilize the general public as a Secondary beta testing pool without their consent.  Either that or releasing the product before they should have in an effort to bolster waning development funds...again without informing (potential) buyers that the product is essentially unfinished.  Then upon release, promising disappointed customers a "massive" service pack to fix all of the issues that should have been sorted before initial release.

Do youall believe one of these scenarios might have been the case with this aircraft?

• Upvote 1

I don't have this aircraft...yet.  I am definitely interested in it though.

One of my pet peeves with developers, though, are those who utilize the general public as a Secondary beta testing pool without their consent.  Either that or releasing the product before they should have in an effort to bolster waning development funds...again without informing (potential) buyers that the product is essentially unfinished.  Then upon release, promising disappointed customers a "massive" service pack to fix all of the issues that should have been sorted before initial release.

Do youall believe one of these scenarios might have been the case with this aircraft?

Sounds a bit like XP 11

David Porrett