Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

The performance reports are really disappointing. I'll hold off for now but will keep an eye on any updates that might improve FPS in the future.

...then you may also want to avoid the PMDG 747... it's disappearing fast  :sad:

Agreed.  Don't plan on buying that one either.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Guest JustanotherPilot

In Europe? :Thinking:

Sorry for not being geopgraphically perfect, yes I googled B717 oprrators,thought given that there are only 157 flying that, given the proximity to Europe this would suffice.I was not expecting to be picked up for this. I sincerely apologise for trying to help.

For those who would like to know and not have to look up.

Delta 91

Qantas 20

Volotea 19

Hawaiian 18

Turkmenistan 7

For those with FPS issues, are you all running w10 or w7? just curious?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

However as far as I know there will be the 747-8 variant which, I believe, will fly for decades to come.

True... but orders for the -8 have been "less than stellar"; especially for the -8I (passenger version).  Having never flown on one as a passenger, if I don't hurry up, the only way I'll ever be able to get a ride is to pack myself in a box and ship myself somewhere.

Sorry for going Off Topic... I'll try to behave myself now  :smile:

Sorry for not being geopgraphically perfect, yes I googled B717 oprrators,thought given that there are only 157 flying that, given the proximity to Europe this would suffice.I was not expecting to be picked up for this. I sincerely apologise for trying to help.

For those who would like to know and not have to look up.

Delta 91

Qantas 20

Volotea 19

Hawaiian 18

Turkmenistan 7

However, Volotea is already phasing it out and will replace the 717s with A319s

Which means soon no 717 will fly in Europe anymore.

Peter

No FPS issues here. Running P3d v3.3

What are the spec of your computer. What OS and what resolution are you running at?

Matt kubanda

I am running Win 10 x64 and have fps issues.

However, Volotea is already phasing it out and will replace the 717s with A319s

Which means soon no 717 will fly in Europe anymore.

Peter

In case CRJ is modeled in a lower level (when released...) I'd rather do the CRJ flights on the 717..Ok, not so realistic but not very far out as its the same type of aircraft.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

What are the spec of your computer. What OS and what resolution are you running at?

Win7 64bit pro

i7 5820k3.30GHz

GTX 980

Richie Walsh

The Docs are short and concise but lack a few details about the auto-throttles... so here's a couple of questions:

1.  What is the correct way to engage takeoff EPR?  Is there a convenient switch/clickspot in forward view or do I need to push the buttons on the actual throttle assembly?

2. When and how is the auto-throttle generally disengaged on final (non-autoland)?

Thanks.

I am running Win 10 x64 and have fps issues.

In case CRJ is modeled in a lower level (when released...) I'd rather do the CRJ flights on the 717..Ok, not so realistic but not very far out as its the same type of aircraft.

Im running the samw OS. I wonder if its w10 thats causing the issues.

Matt kubanda

Im running the samw OS. I wonder if its w10 thats causing the issues.

Definitely not. Windows 7 64-bit here on a pretty powerful system and the 717 is a stuttery, laggy mess.

I bet something just slipped into one of the gauges and they, somehow, didn't pick it up. Hopefully they catch it quickly.

That all aside, this is pretty impressive for $60. A masterclass in modeling (interior and exterior), great sounds, and I'm sure the systems are great.

While they're diagnosing and fixing, it's at least nice to go to an area away from any cities, autogen or AI (e.g. any area that would even slightly affect performance) and play around with the aircraft on the tarmac.

One of the frustrating things when trying to get a handle on performance is that everyone has a different perception of what "smooth" is. For me under 30fps in the VC is getting really laggy, yet I've watched people on Youtube fly along at 15 fps or less without a care in the world. So for someone to say "it runs fine for me" it can be hard to know for sure if Person A who finds performance is poor would agree it runs fine on Person B's computer who thinks it's fine and dandy.