Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

No FPS issues with me either (30 FPS locked), incredible detail at this price point ... well done TFDi Design.  Really love the VC .. MJC quality or higher.  The exterior model is amazing also ... really really well done.  I'm still working my way thru systems ... lots to read.  Have some video up later today if anyone's interested.

Cheers, Rob.

I really can't get how people with similar setups get so different performance. From laggy and stuttery mess to perfectly smooth, something is missing. Maybe some add-on can cause this that not all have?

Would be nice for people who are lucky  to have great performace to write down their add-ons. This is the only way others could be helped.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Absolutely agree with Rob,

a few hours ago i posted my concerns about this aircraft, finally i took the plunge and bought it. It´s really great and performs smooth as silk on my setup. Despite having a few quirks already reported here and in their forum i don´t regret this purchase and can actually recommend it. The only thing i´m missing is a tutorial flight in their documentation, but maybe they´re working on it to be released at a later stage.

Ok folks, i´m off for my next flight :smile: 

Lars

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

Also holding off 'til I hear more about performance issues - who's having them, in what kind of setup, etc.  Eager to see video and hear about system specs.  Looks like it's going to be a great offering so I'm just trying to find out if there's likely to be a teething period, and if so, how long it's apt to be.  

Also holding off 'til I hear more about performance issues - who's having them, in what kind of setup, etc.  Eager to see video and hear about system specs.  Looks like it's going to be a great offering so I'm just trying to find out if there's likely to be a teething period, and if so, how long it's apt to be.  

Guess what Alan, you were kind enough to hold the door for me before so I went ahead and bought it just to tell you about how it runs. :D

It runs *flawlessly* for me. Extremely smooth, I have no complaints whatsoever. P3D 3.4 hotfix 2

If it's a "laggy, stuttering mess," you'll know. I do also understand how folks' perceptions of performance differ--sometimes greatly--but this isn't one of those "oh, the FPS are a little lower than the Aerosoft Airbus and I get micro stutters." Something is definitely up. I've noticed when starting an engine, the sim will sometimes freeze for about 1-2 seconds several times. I also attempted to do a pattern around LFMN last night and was on 3 FPS right before touchdown. For reference, I did the same pattern again with the PMDG 777 (the aircraft was the only variable) and it never stuttered or dropped below my locked 30fps.

I've seen rumblings about folks with FPS issues using nVidia inspector for SGSS. I currently do just that. Are all of us that are having issues using nVidia inspector? I may test later tonight with it off or disabled and see if that solves the issue.

The Docs are short and concise but lack a few details about the auto-throttles... so here's a couple of questions:

1.  What is the correct way to engage takeoff EPR?  Is there a convenient switch/clickspot in forward view or do I need to push the buttons on the actual throttle assembly?

2. When and how is the auto-throttle generally disengaged on final (non-autoland)?

Thanks.

If the A/T operates the same as the MD-11 (which I believe it does), the EPR rating will be applied automatically, and the A/T is armed by pressing the "Autoflight" button once, while on the ground (usually when lined up on the runway).  The throttle is then advanced manually and at 60% N1, the A/T will take over and advance the throttles to take off EPR.   Eg. There is no seperate A/T arm button - the autoflight button is used to arm, and a coloured border should appear around the FMA on the PFD.

As for disengage - the button is on the throttles in the real aircraft (a la MD-11).  PMDG's MD-11 had an assignable custom key command for this, which made it convenient.   If there is no equivalent on the TFDi 717, then I guess you'd have to click the button on the throttles, with your mouse - not ideal in the landing phase!

....alternatively you could try the default FSX/P3D "autothrottle" key command (Shift+R, I think?), to see if that has been binded to the function, and will disengage the A/T.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I really can't get how people with similar setups get so different performance. From laggy and stuttery mess to perfectly smooth, something is missing. Maybe some add-on can cause this that not all have?

Would be nice for people who are lucky  to have great performace to write down their add-ons. This is the only way others could be helped.

Daedalus,

don´t know if this might help you or others, but i can tell you what i have running on my P3D V3.4 system. (See System specs in my signature) :

Orbx with all the bells and whistles, AS2016+ASCA,EZCA,loads of payware Airports (Flytampa, Taxi2Gate, UK2000, etc)

PMDG NGX+777, Majestic Dash, and so on....

I´m not using Nvidia Inspector, but using DSR instead, ingame AA, Vsync on, Triple Buffer on, frames unlimited. Usually i get around 40-50 fps, smooth and no stutters with PMDGs and dense scenery settings and that´s what i get with the TFDi as well.

Lars 

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

does anyone know how to make the Heading work in Autopilot mode? I just took it for a spin, the altitude mode works fine, but a change of heading does not alter the plane's existing course.

tony

Just dial a heading and right click on the heading selector :smile: 

Lars Stahmann

Just dial a heading and right click on the heading selector :smile:

Ahh, it's nice to have my MD-11 experience come back into play  :smile:

Guess what Alan, you were kind enough to hold the door for me before so I went ahead and bought it just to tell you about how it runs. :D

It runs *flawlessly* for me. Extremely smooth, I have no complaints whatsoever. P3D 3.4 hotfix 2

Thanks, molleh!  Very good to know that.  I got preoccupied today with a new beta build of Manfred's C-47, but I'll plan to pick up the 717 - it'll keep me busy and calm during the tense buildup to the Connie...   B)

Ahh, it's nice to have my MD-11 experience come back into play  :smile:

Do you think watching some MD-11 tutorials would help understand this aircraft more??  Years and many hours of flying the NGX and I admit to being a bit stumped with this one!!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Really smooth performance here, 55/60fps in default scenery.

Mauricio Brentano