Sign in to follow this  
DownDiver

Study Level A380!!!

I come to like Matt alot, although his followers on stream can be highly annoying.  This is a highly ambitious project.  I just hope they've thought this through properly.  It's taken almost 2 years to get ProjectFly off the ground properly.  The A380 is in a different universe.

• Upvote 1

A very ambitious project indeed, i wish Matt and his team all the best. Highly skeptical that this will reach study level but i'll give them the benefit of doubt

However, i'm not sure if it was such a great idea to announce this so early in development. Given how long it takes for established devs to develop a highly complex addon plane, i dont expect this to be finished any earlier than 3 years. The early disclosure will mean that every stream of his will be hammered with constant 'when is it gonna be released?' questions for the next couple of years :)

• Upvote 1

I have a lot of time for Matt. I enjoy his videos, and he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke who I would happily share a few pints with. I'm happy to see he has turned a corner in his life, and I hope his investment in the PTA project pays off.

If he and his team can pull this one off, I'll be forever grateful.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 2017-6-5 at 6:43 PM, Nytro said:

Then you should know that you have to wait from now even a "longer" time ;)

I miss nothing right now when it comes to Jetliners. There are very good simulated free A320, A330, A350 and of course A380 out there. 737, 777 and 787 are as well very nice. When it comes to panels, well for A330, A350 im using a A330 panel from CLS. For A380 a A340 Panel from CLS. For 777 and 787 I use a very nice free 777 panel.

The only thing what Im missing are private jets like Gulfstream G550 G650 and stuff, or Bombardier Global 7000, 8000. But it looks like they will never come :(

We are talking about high end study addons here, nothing you mentioned can be considered as a study addon.

If those are your reference points you really need to check out PMDG and Flightsim Labs

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Glynn said:

check out PMDG and Flightsim Labs

+++1

• Upvote 1

Matt is good at showcasing stuff, last but not least due to the high-end PC he could afford thanks to the community (whenever that came into fashion to have your hobby funded by donations...).

For a first project I question why it has to be a study-level sim and an Airbus A380. There could hardly be a more difficult task and I reckon you need both deep knowledge of both the aircraft's sophisticated systems and computer programming just to get started. I wonder if he and his team possess this set of skills.

If I were ever to start developing an airliner for flightsim, it would have to be something as basic as possible. Maybe the 737 Classic would be a good choice, as its systems basically date back to the beginning of the jet aircraft age and are not too difficult to understand or intertwined with each other. It would still be a monumental task.

All I can say is I'm in Toulouse right now with Airbus doing a 320/350 conversion course and honestly I can't see anyone getting close to being accurate with these systems. I know we're talking a380 which is marginally older than the 350 but I still see no way of this working.

Well - interesting... but maybe an announcement a little too soon?
See you in about 5-6 years... It's quite an undertaking I expect...

Interestingly I read that Mathijs said somewhere on their forums, that a 'study-level' version of an Boeing 787 or Airbus 380/350 would never be done. Don't know why or what he meant, but I would assume, that it would be something with the complexity of the new aircrafts?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Quality Wings may have something to say about that with their upcoming 787.....

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Yep. That's true... which is also why I wondered about the report from him... 

But looking forward to a 787 - sometime... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It certainly looks very good.  

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Yep. That's true... which is also why I wondered about the report from him... 

But looking forward to a 787 - sometime... 

Could be because I think aerosoft might pay a salary to their devs... the time taken to develop it might be more that the returns. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

Could be because I think aerosoft might pay a salary to their devs... the time taken to develop it might be more that the returns. 

Could be... interesting thought. I was kinda under the impression that the new modern airplanes, was so complex, that it was too dificult to model in study-level-depth... but you may very possible be right in you assumption...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

5 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Could be... interesting thought. I was kinda under the impression that the new modern airplanes, was so complex, that it was too dificult to model in study-level-depth... but you may very possible be right in you assumption...

Could be both. I don't know, just a thought...kinda making it up

True... but I think maybe you're right... 

I doubt the complexity of the aircrafts would be a reason... IF that's the case, they could/would have to remove some functionality. EFB, OAN etc, if that's a problem to develop and 'just' focus on the core systems... 

But we don't know. I'm really looking forward to the QualityWings 787 (whenever that comes out for P3D). It seems to be a few years away, I'm afraid... My only hope is that PMDG would take up this challenge... well, I'm getting off topic... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--