planenut

More Carenado Planes Ready for V4

Although I haven't seen any announcement by Carenado I found six more of my planes now ready for v4 just by checking each planes product description.  In my case they are:  C337 Skymaster, H850XP, B350i Kingair, CJ2, F406 Caravan II, and PA 34 Seneca V.  So far I've only installed the Cj2 and the 850XP and they seem ok so far.

Jim

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

dammit, none of mine yet.  :)  

any of the extension packs working for the 850xp and cj2?  or just the base ac?

I'd hate to think my phenom 300 is being held up while they update a nav system that I'm just going to ditch for iFMS on my iPAD or the f1 GTN when that's done...  lol

From which vendors did you see updates ? Nothing on my personal Carenado account so far.

Hi,

Saw it on the main Carenado page.  Have to read the requirements to find it,

Jim

• Upvote 1

so do you need to dl all the installers again

I saw where the Carenado PA46 500TB Malibu Meridian was updated too.  I was just looking at the info on each of the aircraft and the description indicated compatibility with V4.  Still nothing for my Phenom 300. 

• Upvote 1

And my F406 Caravan II purchased direct from Carenado does not seem to work. It complains that the serial has exceeded the permissible installs. The other Carenados had updated serials.

29 minutes ago, tamsini said:

It complains that the serial has exceeded the permissible installs.

Just send them an e-mail via their contact system and they will reset the permissions.

28 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Just send them an e-mail via their contact system and they will reset the permissions.

I will give that a try - thanks Jim. I wasn't sure if that meant the v4 installer was not ready yet.

Hi All

Is it just me ? FlightSimStore seems to be very slow to put up v4 installers 

Am I just impatient?

xxd09

33 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Hi All

Is it just me ? FlightSimStore seems to be very slow to put up v4 installers 

Am I just impatient?

xxd09

I started buying my Carenado planes directly from Carenado for just that reason. Funny thing is, I was searching the Aerosoft site and found out from there it had been updated! Waiting for the Phenom 300 now.

FlightSimStore is in Oz, so they might be sleeping while everyone else is up, and also the internet infrastructure isn't what it is elsewhere IIRC.  File uploads sometimes take a while.  never had any issues with the service, so I still buy there whenever I can.

7 hours ago, tamsini said:

And my F406 Caravan II purchased direct from Carenado does not seem to work. It complains that the serial has exceeded the permissible installs. The other Carenados had updated serials.

I'm actually having a problem installing the F406 as well into v4 with the new installer.  Having serial issues too, it tells me mine is simply invalid.  I've only installed this plane once before, so not exceeded any install limits.  I just says mine is invalid.

Oddly, I seem to have two different serials for this plane now.  The one on my Carenado store page, and then when I click "send email link" to download, it gives me a different serial.  Neither work.

I've sent support request in, will report back when sorted what the fix was. 

Seems not totally smooth sailing just yet with the updated Carenado installers.

4 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Seems not totally smooth sailing just yet with the updated Carenado installers.

Is it perhaps because v4 is not yet available for the 406?

Just now, tamsini said:

Is it perhaps because v4 is not yet available for the 406?

The Carenado store page says it's compatible:

Technical Requirements
Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits).
Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed or Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D Flight Simulator v3 or v4 or FSX Steam Edition.

1 minute ago, be77solo said:

The Carenado store page says it's compatible:

Ok thanks. I also opened a ticket with Carenado. See what happens 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Ok thanks. I also opened a ticket with Carenado. See what happens 

I also have their PA34 Seneca V and it works great in v4, my old serial works fine.  So, hopefully a quick fix for the 406 for us both!

6 minutes ago, be77solo said:

I also have their PA34 Seneca V and it works great in v4, my old serial works fine.  So, hopefully a quick fix for the 406 for us both!

Wow. They just replied, resetting my key. Very quick in their support.

1 hour ago, be77solo said:

Having serial issues too, it tells me mine is simply invalid.  I've only installed this plane once before, so not exceeded any install limits.  I just says mine is invalid.

I had this issue too with one of my aircraft.  I logged into Carenado and it shows the serial numbers for the aircraft I own.  The one on the site was different from the one I had in my e-mail (I got this aircraft a long, long time ago).  I copied and pasted the serial number on the site to the installer and the installation continued.

Best regards,

Jim

6 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

C90 GTX released for V4!

I just tried installing it but it work.