Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Must I start P3d with a DEFAULT aircraft?

I know in FSX, it was advisable to start your sim with a default aircraft so that everything loaded properly.  My question is this:  Do I have to start P3d with a default aircraft too, or can I use ANY aircraft in my hanger as the default start?  I have been using the Baron 58 as my start, but I rarely use it for my first flight.   It would be good to know that no harm will come or no performance issues will raise their head if I start with, let's say, a Carenado aircraft or something else.

Stan

As long as you have a default aircraft as the first that appears in the scenario screen when you start the sim, it is fine. No need to load into the sim itself with default aircraft.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Yes.  That's what I really do.   I guess it's still unadvisable to set up another plane to come up when P3d starts.  I was hoping that changed, but it obviously hasn't.

Stan

Stan the problem is not P3D , there are some planes (particularly complex ones)  that leave traces in the SIM of settings that may be no good for other aircraft..

As said is recommended to start the SIM with a default AC.

Jorge

I start it with an Alabeo Seminole as the first aircraft to appear.. no problems..

Bert

My little trick is to start Prepar3d with Simstarter with a default aircraft.  That takes me to the default scenario screen and I can pick any airplane I want.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I guess you should not load it with the very complex ones like the FSL Airbus or the PMDG 747.... but you should be fine with any Carenado aircraft. The Carenado A36 is a default aircraft now for example. My default aircraft is the Turbine Duke from RealAir... No problems here.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

So, just to qualify, 'Starting with a default aircraft'.

When I start P3D4.1, I am presented with a pivoting F-22 Raptor.

It is ok to then hit 'Change Vehicle' and select my more complex aircraft e.g. PMDG, FSL etc?

Or do I need to place the F-22 on terra firma someplace, then select a more complex aircraft?

Cheers

Jock McIntyre

1 hour ago, Jockos said:

Or do I need to place the F-22 on terra firma someplace, then select a more complex aircraft?

No. You do not have to load into the sim with the raptor.

I had a problem with the Fuel selector on one of the Carenado/Alabeo Airplanes, the response I got from their support was to load the default airplane, it worked . So there maybe an occasion a load up of the default is still a requirement.

bob

I always save my default flight as the avatar (Civilian Male) and use the Where are my Aircraft product to get inside the one I want to fly. It works well for me, no issues. 

Thanks for all the input.   Seems its safer in the long run to have sim start with default.  

Stan

FSLabs A320 you have to start the Sim with the default aircraft. And no I will not adjust a graphic setting just to accommodate it. I have had no problems with any other aircraft including PMDGs by just choosing it on the scenario screen and launching it. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I start with the aircraft I was flying in the last flight, which I save as "DEFAULT". Over the last several weeks this has been the PMDG DC-6 and the Manfred Jahn DC-3.  Both fairly complex aircraft. Haven't had any problems. 

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

it's a hit or miss thing. Depending on the aircraft, all variables should be reset. Most times it really doesn't make a difference but, again, depending on which aircraft you are flying, you might run into trouble. Sometimes it's just that a specific gauge will not work, or the gear stays down and locked, etc. Other times the complete sim locks up.

Bottom line - it takes no more than a few seconds to switch from a simple default a/c to whichever you need to fly. The majority of the time I'm using the A36 but in a few occasions I've had to load the Piper Cub to clear out the variables.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors