Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

Let's not get this locked gentleman. Please, let's all stay on topic. 

Eric 

12 hours ago, Bardia said:

Have you for once read through the pages on this thread? I’ve been unequivocally in favour of the couatl thoery all along and now you accuse me of blaming the dev? I said the dev would reply in a certain way to basically every complaint no matter what, and I did NOT say this particular crash is in any way LM’s fault. I’m really compelled to assume I’m up against some [REMOVED]  but please have another go show us you don’t jarringly lack [REMOVED]

Lol nice one!   Well i've actually posted numerous times on this thread so maybe YOU should read it thoroughly.  My posts were just replying to Tooting who you seemed to jump on me to defend his bashing of LM.  So feel free to scroll back and see who i quoted and where you jumped in.  The point is I am trying to help.  Like I said and others have said "have you tried plain vanilla P3D v4, no addons, no addon aircraft, and seen the crash?"  If no then start adding addons back in.  I know it sucks and its BS but to noodle a problem like this it might take that kind of method to figure it out.  

Try asking Umberto on FSDT forums but he'll defend coautl so be prepared for that.   While coautl has caused crashes before, usually running the standalone manager or the Live update clears those up.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

On 2/2/2018 at 11:41 PM, Mace said:

I thought i read a thread over at the LM forum that P3Dv4.2 is going to have "various time zone fixes"

Hello

To avail of the Time Zone fix you need to Install the Scenery component as well as seen from This Post

Completeing a Scenery update is mostly harmless to your Add On's,  You will just need to reinstall Orbx Global base and FTX Trees  (If you have these Add On's) 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Poppet said:

...To avail of the Time Zone fix you need to Install the Scenery component as well as seen from This Post

Thanks for that insight. I know there were talks of a time zone fix in 4.2 but did not know it existed in the scenery component. Which I can bet most of us did not update, myself included. So I suppose we need some people to run some tests with the 4.2 scenery updated. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

15 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Thanks for that insight. I know there were talks of a time zone fix in 4.2 but did not know it existed in the scenery component. Which I can bet most of us did not update, myself included. So I suppose we need some people to run some tests with the 4.2 scenery updated. 

I saw a topic in the LM forum that revealed an update to the bgl file that defines time zones, this is only part of the time zone fix.  The other part is how the time interacts with time zones and that is in the client update.  I think I remember correctly.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Again, reporting CTD on todays NATG, 101 miles from NEKKO and 149 miles from YAY VOR. Shame. I really thought that i could arrive to BOS this time :(

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Oh, this thread is still alive?  Well then, I had a repeatable CTD event but it was much further Northwest than Labrador.  My PMDG 77W EGLL-KSFO flight would CTD at 148 nm before 6580N (65N 080W), which is about the Northern mouth of Hudson Bay.  I had saved the scenario in P3Dv4.2 shortly before and when reloading the scenario I could repeat the CTD at exactly the same location every trial.  This location is not near any borders, time zones, facilities are navaids and I do not use a flight tracking sofware other than the connection with ASP4.  My first hunch was to disable GSX/Couatl and lo and behold no crash.

I reported this to FSDT and Umberto could only come up with the first thing I looked for, something like a strangely named airport or facility near there.  I don't buy it but I don't have the full version of Visual Studio to debug the stack contents.

I have since updated the P3D Scenery module to v4.2, which required reinstall of Orbx Global Base and all openLC areas but I haven't flown over the same route since.  I have been distracted with P3D so call time zone fix creating local time errors in Alaska and Hawaii.  There is always a bug to be found someplace I guess.

I've started getting into the habit of restarting Couatl each flight after I reach TOC just as a talisman I guess.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

31 minutes ago, downscc said:

Oh, this thread is still alive?  Well then, I had a repeatable CTD event but it was much further Northwest than Labrador.  My PMDG 77W EGLL-KSFO flight would CTD at 148 nm before 6580N (65N 080W), which is about the Northern mouth of Hudson Bay.  I had saved the scenario in P3Dv4.2 shortly before and when reloading the scenario I could repeat the CTD at exactly the same location every trial.  This location is not near any borders, time zones, facilities are navaids and I do not use a flight tracking sofware other than the connection with ASP4.  My first hunch was to disable GSX/Couatl and lo and behold no crash.

I reported this to FSDT and Umberto could only come up with the first thing I looked for, something like a strangely named airport or facility near there.  I don't buy it but I don't have the full version of Visual Studio to debug the stack contents.

I have since updated the P3D Scenery module to v4.2, which required reinstall of Orbx Global Base and all openLC areas but I haven't flown over the same route since.  I have been distracted with P3D so call time zone fix creating local time errors in Alaska and Hawaii.  There is always a bug to be found someplace I guess.

I've started getting into the habit of restarting Couatl each flight after I reach TOC just as a talisman I guess.

Seems like  quite a few 'Cross the Ponders' may not get to their destination on Saturday without this unfortunate nonsense.

For me, whenever I do a western Atlantic crossing, I end Couatl in task manager and never have a crash.  I have tried the restart method, but have had crashes.  The only foolproof way for me is to fully kill the module from task manager.  No ground services at arrival airport is better than an annoying crash.  

Just now, nazethc said:

For me, whenever I do a western Atlantic crossing, I end Couatl in task manager and never have a crash.  I have tried the restart method, but have had crashes.  The only foolproof way for me is to fully kill the module from task manager.  No ground services at arrival airport is better than an annoying crash.  

Is Couatl the cause of this?

Just now, ErichB said:

It could be a combination of many things.  I don't want to say for sure that it is solely couatl causing the crashes.  It can be a combination of couatl and another module?  Who knows......  but for me the method of killing couatl in task manager keeps crashes away.

43 minutes ago, ErichB said:

No one is ever going to admit to it. It harms sales simple as that. 

Aerosoft wont admit the CRJ is junk it effects sales

FSlabs wont admit the 320 is Insanly hard on the cpu it effects sales 

Uk2000 won't admit his airports are not of the modern standard of the likes of flightbeam,  orbx,  FlyTampa.  It effects sales 

Flight1 wont admit UT live Is bug ridden and probably won't ever be updated.  It effects sales

LM won't admit dynamic lighting is terrible, it effects sales 

Fsdreamteam won't admit that coualt for some reason a causes random ctds. 

This is the issue here

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

No one is ever going to admit to it. It harms sales simple as that. 

This is the issue here

Ain't that the truth!  Too much work for simple fixes in most of that payware.  But exorbitant pricing to mediocre/broken releases is just fine.

1 minute ago, nazethc said:

Ain't that the truth!  Too much work for simple fixes in most of that payware.  But exorbitant pricing to mediocre/broken releases is just fine.

Honestly think that Umberto is a good guy and by himself can't work out the conflict, and there's no way LM are going to pull a developer off their work to assist him.  I've worked in large corporations long enough to know how they work 

14ppkc-6.png

FSDT is one of the best payware companies out there.  I own every one of their sceneries and GSX, the only problem I ever had was this couatl thing, but like I said, we cant say for sure that couatl is the sole cause of the crash.   I was really speaking to the CRJ and Flight1 crap payware I wasted money on, in that last post.  I should have made it clearer as it seemed i lumped everyone in together.