Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Orbx True Earth for P3Dv4

As this topic doesn't relate to support for the product but rather as a new development for P3Dv4, I have posted here.

This seems to be the XP Ortho scenery for P3D.  It looks super amazing, and I cannot wait until more regions get rolled out.   

more pauses (and longer pauses) will appear when flying, adding so much detail and scenery would come with a cost, i know it has not been tested yet, but with eu openlc, vector germany north and south plus all our eyecandy airport scenery-just my 5 cents

21 minutes ago, ErichB said:

As this topic doesn't relate to support for the product but rather as a new development for P3Dv4, I have posted here.

This seems to be the XP Ortho scenery for P3D.  It looks super amazing, and I cannot wait until more regions get rolled out.   

Sounds interesting, can you send me the link to this? I can't find it myself..

S.

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

Hi Simbol

Not sure if the rules allow me to post links to other news websites, but if you go to FSElite, there is a write-up about it.

44 minutes ago, simbol said:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/151913-introducing-orbx-netherlands-trueearth-the-complete-package/

It looks totally awesome. I am lost for words. And it will only cost €34,- which is incredible if you compare that with the prices of their addon airports! It is a must buy. A no brainer. 

I do also have my worries when it comes to performance though... but I will also buy the Aerofly FS 2 version so I can fly above all that detail without having to worry about performance. :happy: I will probably only buy the P3D version because it will be released sooner and I just can't wait for it!!! (The XP release will be first btw...)

Edited by Guest

This will look really good in my X-Plane 11. Especially since XP is smoother and the night lighting will be much better. I'm hoping that these regions don't eat up too much drive space. Thankfully SSDs are much more affordable.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

42 minutes ago, J van E said:

(The XP release will be first btw...)

No it won't! Reread John V's statement... He clearly states Netherlands True Earth will be released first for P3D and FSX. England True Earth however will be released for XP11 first and later on for P3D/FSX.

• Like 1

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, J van E said:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/151913-introducing-orbx-netherlands-trueearth-the-complete-package/

It looks totally awesome. I am lost for words. And it will only cost €34,- which is incredible if you compare that with the prices of their addon airports! It is a must buy. A no brainer. 

I do also have my worries when it comes to performance though... but I will also buy the Aerofly FS 2 version so I can fly above all that detail without having to worry about performance. :happy: I will probably only buy the P3D version because it will be released sooner and I just can't wait for it!!! (The XP release will be first btw...)

XP first? I doubt it..

Edit: the guy already said the same, C'mon Vic, read further than your nose is long!

Anyway, yeah, for that price, it is ridicule how nice and epic it will look! Can't wait til really really fly overr my house.

I wonder how "old" the satellite images are? Does anyone know?

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

I was a bit puzzled about this remark: "85,000km2 of photoreal terrain at 1m resolution"

Unless we have conquered recently parts of Germany and/or Belgium, this claim may be a bit optimistic...
The Netherlands has a surface of only 41.000km2. 
Or does Orbx includes 2 seasons?

Edited by Egbert Drenth

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Really nice!!! So i guess this will replace all the other Orbx products in that area!?? Global, openlc, vector???...

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

15 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Or does Orbx includes 2 seasons?

Complete seasonal variation: 5 hand-coloured seasons

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

looks very good, I wonder what is the HDD space requirement, I couldn't find it.

S.

Yeah, ORBX always forgets to mention this bit of important info. I find it odd that HD space is not mentioned in their product pages.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, kurtb said:

more pauses (and longer pauses) will appear when flying, adding so much detail and scenery would come with a cost, i know it has not been tested yet, but with eu openlc, vector germany north and south plus all our eyecandy airport scenery-just my 5 cents

Hi,

why would you need vector and FTX regions when you have True Earth? Any way, that look phenomenal! Are these screenshots made in P3D? I think so, and I don't use XP but am curious how it looks there, have they published any screenshot from that sim? I really hoped that they could change the lighting in P3D, but that seems not too easy.

3 hours ago, J van E said:

Yes amazing stuff to see my home town depicted very well ;-)

André