Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Orbx True Earth for P3Dv4

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

What do you mean with "old way"?

The autogen textures that we all have right now from previous regions, that are repeated, so they safe lot of HDD space and for me they are amazing. I had once all Spain territory and was 500gb of data. I don't want that.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

On 3/26/2018 at 3:12 PM, ErichB said:

In what way?

For for late response. 

I don't like that lights look like if they would float over the ground. XP solved it that it looks like that the lights are inside the ground, what looks more realistic, imho. Maybe it will be covered in a update. Who knows...

Holy... I do not have a very slow connection, but let me calculate... it will take almost 5h to download. And this only, if it can maintain the full speed constantly during 5h. Honestly, we are getting close to the currently feasable with this TrueEarth stuff. If not already exceeded.

Anyway, I will certainly get myself a copy. Simply to see how this works on my rig, performance wise but also if it looks that phenomenal as on the preview screenshots and videos.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I am not sure why anyone is surprised at the download size of TrueEarth Netherlands. An entire country at 1m per pixel photoscenery resolution, plus a massive amount of 3D autogen and hundreds of bespoke 3D landmark models was never going to be small! At my current connection speed, I am looking at five solid hours to download this package (and even that will only be achievable if I get the maximum speed possible throughout the entire process).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yep, and even then, it's not actually a bad size for such a detailed scenery (remember it contains seasons and night textures)... and storage is cheap

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yea I'm not complaining, I would actually say the bigger size means they've done a proper good job of it. Just imagine when they get onto larger countries than .NL though

Edited by Litmoose

TrueEarth England will be significantly larger than the Netherlands, but it will be worth every minute of that excessive download :smile:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

TrueEarth England will be significantly larger than the Netherlands, but it will be worth every minute of that excessive download :smile:

+1 This is all good stuff, 77Gb here we come!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Eventually the "scary" nature of 77 GB will dissipate and we will all be worrying about scenery requiring 77 TB. 

John at Orbx confirmed to me we won't be getting seasonal textures in true earth UK. Shame.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

16 minutes ago, sleightflight said:

John at Orbx confirmed to me we won't be getting seasonal textures in true earth UK. Shame.

Perhaps in 5 years or so.

Would you agree with 1.2Tb for the UK ?  Do you have that much free space on a SSD ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Perhaps in 5 years or so.

Would you agree with 1.2Tb for the UK ?  Do you have that much free space on a SSD ?

You dont need SSDs for photoscenery.  and 1.2Tb is nothing in HDD storage - I recently picked up a 6Tb HDD for about £100

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, sleightflight said:

That's very disappointing!

I'll stay with my Horizon & Playsims stuff then as it already comes with 3D POI models and trees. Apart from newer ground ortho, there's not enough difference to justify buying it - seasons would have clinched it for me.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter