Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Orbx True Earth for P3Dv4

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I would add even more to my collection, if I only could get crisp ground imagery in Prepar3d at ~3000 ft, that's where I usually fly.

Beyond crisp :) ... like I said a few times, ramp up your storage space for PR , you're gonna need it.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Beyond crisp :) ... like I said a few times, ramp up your storage space for PR , you're gonna need it.

Glad LM listened, it wasnt so long ago that they were PR blurry deniers 😉

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I can imagine that Orbx are delaying any True Earth release for P3D on purpose.

According to what Rob has insinuated several times now we can hopefully expect some major improvements in how P3D handles PR soon. These improvements might imply some changes in how PR has to be compiled by the developer. Orbx might just be waiting for that new version to come before they release any new PR scenery for P3D. And they don't answer related questions because they are under NDA.

Just speculating here of course.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

According to what Rob has insinuated several times now we can hopefully expect some major improvements in how P3D handles PR soon. These improvements might imply some changes in how PR has to be compiled by the developer. Orbx might just be waiting for that new version to come before they release any new PR scenery for P3D. And they don't answer related questions because they are under NDA.

That does not explain why Orbx is not responding to / deleting topics about TE NL for P3Dv4. 

Why do we need to speculatie as only Orbx has to do is let us know what their decision is about TE NL for P3Dv4. If they were waiting for a newer P3D version just say it, we would understand  it

In their Roadmap nothing is mentioned anymore about TE NL for P3Dv4...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

43 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

You beat me to this. There’s another thread about KORD by FSDT where a moderator insinuated that there is an NDA in place. I believe with “delays” in P3D related development, there is something brewing that we don’t know about.

Speculation, of course.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

Orbx’s recent X-Plane interest is for sure a turn around but they already have all these products in the P3D/FSX stable so it makes sense to port them over (I’m talking Cardiff and Southampton, the most recent releases) which were not generating them any significant revenue in the ESP platform any longer. I’m sure that P3D is still the bread and butter. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I think you are overreacting to this ORBX news. There may be a frenzy right now to convert all ORBX products to XP, but the marketplace will dictate whether that is worth it or not. Most XP users still have that freeware mentality. Just peruse .org for a few minutes and you will see hardly any mention of ORBX products in those forums. 

Personally, I have purchased only a couple of ORBX standalone small airports. I do have all the NA regions, their landclass, Vector and even KSAN. But I can't see paying that kind of money for some small airport in Montana, just so I can see animated elk and mosquitos.

And still no moving jetways (let alone SODE).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

1 hour ago, simbol said:

IT is against LM NDAs even mentioning the NDA.. so they can't say much..🤣

S.

First rule of NDA club 

• Like 3

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

Wow, finally an interesting thread.

While I can't comment on the big barns and such with TE NL P3Dv4 because I don't have it. I can see how this would be annoying and that they need to ensure their staff are properly allocated regardless of how thin they might be. I do have both sims XP11+ and P3DV4...and I do love the love Orbx is giving XP11.

Further, I do jump back and forth in the two sims, but I continually end up with XP11 most of the time because of the superior freeware elements, the now great planes and scenery payware hitting the market and most importantly the smooth flying I get with XP.

I have all XP11 Orbx products purchased and installed with the discounted dual ownership rates except Southampton which I have a great freeware version so I see no reason to buy this one . So far no complaints here.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/162894-updating-recently-released-products/

That is the only value answer we got ...

Were is John with more info like there was announced already for X-Plane just after release ?

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

As much as I applaud ORBX' reaching out to X-Plane and Aerofly FS2 users, I would prefer if they allocated more resources to their OpenLC project. I am sure that it enjoys a huge popularity especially among tubeflyers. I don't know about you, but I think it's more urgent to bring decent coverage to some neglected parts of the world (Africa and Asia) than trying to put every little house at its accurate place in small regions that consume tons on space on SSDs. So far, they have been releasing one LC package for each continent every year, but this year will fall short. The only information that I got is that they plan to release OpenLC Africa in 2019. I remember JV telling customers at the end of 2016 that we would get more frequent releases of OpenLC. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

As much as I applaud ORBX' reaching out to X-Plane and Aerofly FS2 users, I would prefer if they allocated more resources to their OpenLC project. I am sure that it enjoys a huge popularity especially among tubeflyers. I don't know about you, but I think it's more urgent to bring decent coverage to some neglected parts of the world (Africa and Asia) than trying to put every little house at its accurate place in small regions that consume tons on space on SSDs. So far, they have been releasing one LC package for each continent every year, but this year will fall short. The only information that I got is that they plan to release OpenLC Africa in 2019. I remember JV telling customers at the end of 2016 that we would get more frequent releases of OpenLC. Go figure.

Agree  I have flown over Africa and Asia alot lately and it is a world of difference to flying in NA, SA or Europe.  You do realise how vital the LC packages are when you go back to the regions that have them.

But hoping the long wait for TE updates and further releases renders great results ultimately.  If you pick some of the commentary from this thread, it sure seems like it might be.

• Upvote 1