Mitch24

QualityWings 146 Released for V4

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow--$19.95 US.  I would have thought it would be at least twice that!! Great bargain 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Man this is good news!

My Air Hauler Company is in for short haul European route restructuring!

Share this post


Link to post

If it truly is 20 bucks that just made my Christmas list. 🎅 One of my fav's and sorely missed in P3Dv4 (Hope they have a PSA livery).  But where to purchase?

Edited by Clutch Cargo

Share this post


Link to post

This is very good news, but I just wish that it had a full manual save panel state feature, and also a more robust autopilot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

Quote

But where to purchase? 

Yeah, don't see it at the Flight One store, unless it's only being offered through their new digital release platform that I can't download until tonight

Share this post


Link to post

For those having problems, use their new Purchase Agent doofer, it's a lot better than their older wrapper system.

Seemed rude not to buy it at that price. 🙂

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Chock said:

Seemed rude not to buy it at that price. 🙂

LOL, Indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Chock said:

For those having problems, use their new Purchase Agent doofer, it's a lot better than their older wrapper system.

Seemed rude not to buy it at that price. 🙂

Just did through that downloaded Agent and bought.Could not believe my eyes at the price. A bargain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

$20 USD? I was going to let this one slide by, but for that price...off to the store with me!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Nice to have it back in P3D v4, instant buy and the price is unbelievable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think charging this price is a smart move. Normally, I think hard about adding a new aircraft if the price is in the $50 range. In this case, however, I purchased it without a moment of hesitation.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Chock said:

Seemed rude not to buy it at that price. 🙂

I agree. It is a bargain, instant buy for me.

Used to have the FSX version.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

This is very good news, but I just wish that it had a full manual save panel state feature, and also a more robust autopilot.

All the functions on the legacy 146 Sperry A/P and the newer Honeywell SP300 A/P on the ARJ are simulated. On the ARJ that is fitted with a SP300 style system, we chose an airline config that had the INTV buttons disabled and covered with plates. Common on those types.

The vintage 146 models have a simple pitch datum type autopilot similar to other aircraft of the 1970s. With the accurately simulated thrust management system. As well as a AFGS linked to the old school Honeywell GNS CDU or Radio Navigation. The GNS is a really quirky unit only found on types like the J41 and HS125 besides the 146. Fun change of pace compared to today's modern FMCs.

The newer ARJ variants have the full 737CL style MCP, EFIS, newer Collins GNLU FMC (That looks like a Universal Brand FMS but works like any modern Boeing one) and a full A/P VNAV complete A/T system unlike the older 146 variants.

The 146 analog models that use the much older type of FMS (GNS-XLS) had only an advisory VNAV which is what they had and was pilot managed. Some real fun flying.

The ARJ models are very similar to operating the EFIS 737CLs, the 146 models are akin to the 737-100/200s and the 146-300 is a truly odd in between of the 2 types. Made at the very end of the 146 era prior to the development of the Avro RJ.

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, American 833 Heavy said:

All the functions on the legacy 146 Sperry A/P and the newer Honeywell SP300 A/P on the ARJ are simulated. On the ARJ that is fitted with a SP300 style system, we chose an airline config that had the INTV buttons disabled and covered with plates. Common on those types.

The vintage 146 models have a simple pitch datum type autopilot similar to other aircraft of the 1970s. With the accurately simulated thrust management system. As well as a AFGS linked to the old school Honeywell GNS CDU or Radio Navigation. The GNS is a really quirky unit only found on types like the J41 and HS125 besides the 146. Fun change of pace compared to today's modern FMCs.

The newer ARJ variants have the full 737CL style MCP, EFIS, newer Collins GNLU FMC (That looks like a Universal Brand FMS but works like any modern Boeing one) and a full A/P VNAV complete A/T system unlike the older 146 variants.

The 146 analog models that use the much older type of FMS (GNS-XLS) had only an advisory VNAV which is what they had and was pilot managed. Some real fun flying.

The ARJ models are very similar to operating the EFIS 737CLs, the 146 models are akin to the 737-100/200s and the 146-300 is a truly odd in between of the 2 types. Made at the very end of the 146 era prior to the development of the Avro RJ.

 

Thank you very much for the update!

Just downloading...

Regards,

Richard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, flyforever said:

I think charging this price is a smart move. Normally, I think hard about adding a new aircraft if the price is in the $50 range. In this case, however, I purchased it without a moment of hesitation.

Agreed. Brilliant pricing move. This is how you do it, guys.

James

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Exactly.  Nearly everyone that is interested is going to buy at $20.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Go get it!

 

Loved this for FSX/P3Dv1-2. Thanks for the heads up. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hey!  Move over...let me in here, excuse me..I'm coming through..move over..excuse me...😵

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Thank you very much for the update!

Just downloading...

Regards,

Richard

You're very welcome!
 

Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Chock said:

Seemed rude not to buy it at that price.

Absolutely! Even though I enjoyed the plane in FS9 and FSX, I had no plans to buy it for P3D(v4). But with that price I announce I have just changed my mind!
Something tells me this price policy may bring more money to QW (and fun to us) than to some other companies who charge 5 to 10 times more for theirs (no matter how good they are). 😈

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Bought and already flying it. Sure missed having this in p3dv4. Was flying it a lot in earlier p3d versions. Happy that you guys managed to find the time to bring it into v4, it's an excellent move.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for the post and thank you QW, will purchase immediately ... I missed this aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post

$19.95 = Instant buy. Thanks for the HU.

Share this post


Link to post

Using their new Purchase Agent I was getting 2hr download times, just downloaded the file from the traditional wrapper and it only took a couple minutes. Glad Flight One left both options for now, but their new interface looks like it'll be nice.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now