spilok

Nvidia 416.81 Drivers. Excellent.

Downloaded the new 416.81 Nvidia Drivers yesterday, and I love them.  Very smooth and very clear.  Hope others feel the same way.  No jitters or stops.  Everything looks good.  Let me know if you agree.

Stan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

15 minutes ago, spilok said:

Downloaded the new 416.81 Nvidia Drivers yesterday, and I love them.  Very smooth and very clear.  Hope others feel the same way.  No jitters or stops.  Everything looks good.  Let me know if you agree.

Stan

What are your specs?

Theres a new version out, its 416.94 just to let you know. That 416.81 has been good on my system too,not sure about  the .94 new version.

Thanks for the "heads up".  I WILL check it out.

Stan

44 minutes ago, spilok said:

Stan

And what was wrong with the older drivers?

I am still on 385.69 and they likewise are smooth and very clear.. :cool:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

He didn't say there was anything wrong with older drivers.  The OP is simply relaying his experience with one of the latest drivers.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yer killin' me 😂

If I had a nickel for everytime a new driver supposedly makes the sim smoother.  

• Like 2

Your welcome spilok!!! I haven't been able to test the 416.94 driver yet(short on time). Lets us know how it do if you have any the chance. By what I read it will optimize BattleField V and other games  and also there's a patch coming to support Ray Tracing,sadly nothing on flight simulators yet. Check the video: 

I always have the latest Intel drivers installed.  Some updates have been better than others and only a couple of times over the last 20 plus years have I had to roll the driver back.  🙂

Grace and Peace, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I always immediately install a newer driver but I never have noticed an improvement over the previous driver. 

The differences are simply too small.

I doubt you can see that with your eyes...

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Latest drivers, clean install, no change, for better or worse. 

17 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Latest drivers, clean install, no change, for better or worse. 

+ 1 

I am obviously on my own with this one, but in the ten years I have been simming, I have never experienced any difference from one driver to the next!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I have installed 416.94 and it runs as smooth as any driver before in P3D and XP11. No problems so far.

Maybe P3D will be considered a AAA title someday....can you all imagine seeing or hearing  "simulator ready driver" .🙈🙉

🙊 :ph34r:😂

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, pracines said:

Maybe P3D will be considered a AAA title someday....can you all imagine seeing or hearing  "simulator ready driver" .🙈🙉

🙊 :ph34r:😂

would be too good to become true

Like many others I have never experienced any change in Prepar3D performance after changing drivers. I always immediately install the latest driver available.

I think I remember one occasion when Prepar3d was mention in the Nvidia driver release notes relatively early in the life of V2.

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Exactly the same, Bert.

I would honestly be amazed if Prepar3D (or any flight sim) could get optimized via GeForce Experience like other game titles do, at least well enough to configure the sim for 'optimal' performance taking add-on(s) into account. That would be something. Anyone remember Bjote's Tweaks?

I stay up to date with all the drivers regardless and also haven't found any better (or worse) results from them.

Why do I go to the latest driver?  That's simple.  I always upgrade my software when requested on my LG or Samsung TV's , my DVD Blu-ray, my printer, my Router firmware, my iWatch, and my iPhone (I'm actually a beta tester for software on the iPhone and iPads for Apple).  In just about every case, the software upgrades have improved or added to the features of the older software.

Besides, with NVidia, I CAN ALWAYS GO BACK.  I do clean installs and save all my old drivers in a folder on my one hard drive.

In the words of Bill Gates....."If it ain't broke.....BREAK it! "  After all, progress can only occur if we break with older methods, and attempt to try the new methods.  Stay with the old if you like, but I'll keep attempting to curiously "investigate" the new developments in my hobby.

I'm glad  I didn't stick with FSX.  It was running alright, I guess.  But the vast improvement promised by P3d attracted me to try it, and boy, am I glad I did!

Stan

• Like 3