Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

I think the GA fleet from A2A ist very much up to an extremely high standard as well. But the DA62 is the best Twin out there.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

5 hours ago, Bazza744 said:

Yes ! It is the ONLY competent GA aircraft for P3D - so it would be wonderful to see it mature into a realistic project.

I agree. I bought the Vertx DA as soon as I came across it (and own every RealAir plane produced), and as far as it goes it is great. But as you say it is far from finished in several areas. A plane like this is not really about free flying, but is about IFR, and with some of the missing stuff in the G1000 to date, it just becomes tiresome and unreal.

I too understand that Sean has personal stuff going on just now, and as others say, I would not wish to pressure him, but rather encourage him by saying that many people look forward to the day when this project might be taken to the next level. The Vertx DA is is such an intriguing taste of what could be, but with some of the current omissions, I find myself not flying it at present, and preferring the RealAir stuff.

If the DA gets the upgrade it needs, that will change quickly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

....and I have stopped using it as well as is is simply not flyable under realistic conditions......

I too have stopped flying the da62.  I would pay out tens of dollars just  to get the G1000 working with

updated GPS approach data . I also bought Trescott's book on the G1000 when Vertx came out.  Alas, after

6 months waiting I give up. 

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

All these complaints about SIDS/STARS.. I just don't get it. What is stopping you just flying those, you have nav radios do you not? Get the plates and fly the procedures.. it's not brain surgery! Have we really become so dependent on GPS just doing it all for us?

The baffling thing.. the GPS takes most if not all of the actual thought and sense of accomplishment of the tasks of flying instrument approaches. Surely in a simulator where your life is not in your hands is the perfect place to keep instrument skills sharp? Why on earth rely on a G1000 doing it all for you.. just to sit back and watch it happen..

Edited by BusheFlyer

2 hours ago, BusheFlyer said:

All these complaints about SIDS/STARS.. I just don't get it. What is stopping you just flying those, you have nav radios do you not? Get the plates and fly the procedures.. it's not brain surgery! Have we really become so dependent on GPS just doing it all for us?

The baffling thing.. the GPS takes most if not all of the actual thought and sense of accomplishment of the tasks of flying instrument approaches. Surely in a simulator where your life is not in your hands is the perfect place to keep instrument skills sharp? Why on earth rely on a G1000 doing it all for you.. just to sit back and watch it happen..

For this, a default Cessna would do, or indeed the cub to make it even more challenging...

Thing is, however, the every "high end" addon simulation has a unique feature or a set thereof. For this one its the G1000 along with the aerodynamics. Without the former the plane is crippled

7 hours ago, BusheFlyer said:

As a European, I do get it. Since virtually all of them are RNAV in Europe, this will not work. (RNAV is mandatory for IFR flying in Europe, so no "/A equipment" for IFR like in USA). Some countries even abolished airways. Look here https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.34432367501014,18.937866213635473&chart=304&zoom=3&fpl= LHBP undefined LZZI . So yes, without GPS (or other RNAV equipment), you fly VFR.

In P3D, nothing prevents you from inputting them manually (you would lose the "mandatory fly-over points" but in a sim, no big deal) if you don't fly on IVAO or VATSIM. On these networks you can always ask for radar vectors and this is what you would get IRL if your GPS failed during the flight.

Same thing happened to radios - 8.33kHz spacing is mandatory in Europe.

Edit: I understand that flying some complex SIDs/STARs just with radios and charts is quite a fun in sim and I do it as well. I bought this model even I knew it does not support SIDs and STARs and I really miss them but I am not trying to bash this model because of it. I just hope that it could get this feature sometimes. I don't care that much whether it uses the default nav data or is updateable from Navigraph - I have subscribed to both Navigraph and FSAerodata.

Edited by emko
  • Upvote 2

Dear DA62 Owners-

I'd like to offer the viewpoint that this aeroplane allows the desktop simmer to experience flight- pure and simple. That flight feel is something most add-ons cannot transmit and spend time masking with systems fidelity and visuals.  The Vertex airplane has all that in spades, and yet actually allows the desktop bound pilot to feel some semblance of the motive translation that occurs during liftoff.  Instead of calculated performance with definite result, ever fluid physics asserts it's inviolate head, and the earthbound misfit experiences rotation in a light twin- as realistically as the current technology allows.

Yes, I too am looking forward to full Navigraph compatibility.  That said, offerings in airspace other than the EU are lovely as well, and will afford one the enchantment of unfamiliar vistas.... get lost in the Pacific NW or the gold deserts of Arizona.  Taste your first Singapore Sling and haggle in Cox's Bazzar. Even fly VFR off Auto Pilot (yes, i hear the horrendous intake of breath here at my desk) and delight in the DA62's control response. Explore her single engine flight characteristics by cutting an engine at 50' and high GW.  There are other things we can busy ourselves with, whilst practicing being the patient souls we all hope to be one day.

We all have RA aircraft we are fond of, and they (a decade later) still stand up to scrutiny.  Allow Sean the time needed to do what is needed and enjoy the simulation for all that it currently provides.  I have no doubt that when able, he will return and allow his creation to blossom.  At the moment, he has things far more important to do, than most of us will ever fathom.  Yes this is payware, and we can insist on value for money.  BTW we had most of our ROI (if not extra) on the first day we purchased this aeroplane. Sean is not the sort who forgets commitment easily.  Allow him time to fulfill his current obligation- it is precious in the ever important ways.

Only one opinion, and unsolicited, but I felt I had to say something....

Best- Carl

PS- If you are holding off buying until the update, you are missing out on something quite unique in the light twin market.  Don't let her newfangled looks fool you- she flies as though she looks like a proper aeroplane 😉

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Well said. Use PFPX, export the flightplan, and the procedures are there. It works well most of the time.

For sure Navigraph support would be absolutely great (especially because I'm flying in Europe, where non RNAV procedures are a dying thing), but there are workarounds that do the job.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

But surely FSAerodata works just fine ?

Only cost about 5 bucks. It doesn't need to be updated that often. And a years sub is only 20 bucks.

It gives you all your sids snd stars, and apps.... and as a bonus rejigs allcthe magvars. I use it just for the latter.... especially in Aladka where the magvars have shifted 6 or 7 degrees in 20 years.

I do not like the Vertx DA 62 because it hasn't been updated with a feature that allows me to answer my phone calls. 😁

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I really like the aircraft and feel that the G1000 in it is adequate.

Personally i don't enter flight plans directly, I pull from Simbrief, enter it into my EFB and modify as required (correct rwy, SID, STAR, ...).

Unfortunately, I still don't have interior sounds in the 62 and haven't received any email or other support from Vertx.

Hope I didn't waste the $$.