Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Airbus A-220

Would you welcome a payware Airbus A-220 for P3D v4...??  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome a payware Airbus A-220 for P3D v4...??

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, depending who the developer is

Posted (edited)

About half a dozen airlines worldwide including Delta and Jetblue have a couple hundred of these aircraft on order, so they are going to be flying around the skies for some time to come. The A-220 is said to have the most sophisticated cockpit of any Bus to date, and it has the widest economy class seats of any commercial jet aircraft, which should appeal to travelers since cramped seating is one of the major complaints of airline passengers.

Virtualcol is said to be coming out with the A-220 100 and 300 series, I expect it will be the usual Virtualcol offering, ok for what it is, and inexpensive, the screenshots at the website only show the external model at the moment, but it looks pretty good, which is promising.

I'll probably get it, but personally I would like to see a developer like Aerosoft or Quality Wings do an A-220, i'm not looking for a study level sim here, but I would like to see something a little more polished and sophisticated than the usual Virtualcol stuff.

Edited by SunDevil56

Scott

A220 in PMDG quality - my dream 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Stefan Wiesmayer

My second hobby: BMW F87 M2 LCI

Core i7 6700K | Asus Z170-A | beQuiet! Power Zone 850w | Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 | Asus PA328Q 4K IPS | Asus Strix1080 ti | 32 GB DDR4 G.SKill 3200 | Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition

I would like to see one of the high end developers tackle the A220.  It would be a good replacement for the CRJs.  

• Like 1

SAX702

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti || 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

There is one being developed for FSX by a new developer called WhiskeyJet Simulations. From the pictures and videos, it seems like it will have a decent enough system depth. However, at the moment it is purely being made for FSX. The developer has already been inundated with several requests to also bring it out for P3D but nobody has yet received a confirmation that it will be coming to any other platform.

Let's hope they can bring it to P3D.

Photos & Video: Facebook page here
Photos only: FSDeveloper page here

• Like 1

Yes, I would like to see a P3D version of the Airbus A220......but it would need to be a good quality rendition (in all departments). I am not interested in LITE products these days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

A dream would for FSLabs to tackle it at some point...it is an Airbus now after all.

• Like 4

Dave

1 hour ago, krazyk said:

There is one being developed for FSX by a new developer called WhiskeyJet Simulations. From the pictures and videos, it seems like it will have a decent enough system depth. However, at the moment it is purely being made for FSX. The developer has already been inundated with several requests to also bring it out for P3D but nobody has yet received a confirmation that it will be coming to any other platform.

Let's hope they can bring it to P3D.

Photos & Video: Facebook page here
Photos only: FSDeveloper page here

Starting at FSX is a terrible business move. It’s outdated and people are moving to P3D. Developers have dropped support. FSX has run its course

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Well, I suppose idealy there would be a high-end version and a mid range/lite version produced. I am not interested in HEAVY versions these days.       😉

Cheers!

• Like 1

Greg G

i7-8700K, MSI Z370, EVGA 1080Ti, GTX 750Ti, 16GB GSkill, 500GB SSD, (2) 480GB SSDs, 50" 4K, 2 32" side screens, 1 11" display, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV4.4, XP11, GoFlight equipped, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke.

I've heard the issue with a hi-fidelity sim of the A220 is that all of the data and info is not available to do it right.

Maybe at some point one of the add-on companies with pull at Airbus, could get that info.  It's a neat airplane with an interesting past already.

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

Well, I suppose idealy there would be a high-end version and a mid range/lite version produced. I am not interested in HEAVY versions these days.       😉

Cheers!

My thoughts exactly, and let's face it... To date PMDG is Boeing only, so they aren't likely going to do it, and Aerosoft is currently focused on tooling up their A330 for P3D v4, so it won't be coming from them anytime soon, if ever, so if we want this bird in P3D v4.x we are going to have to see what comes out from the lower end of the spectrum developers. In my view, that's not necessarily a bad thing, and who knows, it might even stimulate some interest and competition from the "big guns".

A couple of interesting videos...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/2018/09/12/airbus-a220-cockpit-tour.cnn

Edited by SunDevil56

Scott

I don't recall any official PMDG position that we are Boeing only.

Just thought I would point that out, since it seems to be an oft repeated falsehood that might cause you to reach conclusions that are not supported by facts.

:ph34r:

• Like 11

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

14 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

I don't recall any official PMDG position that we are Boeing only.

Just thought I would point that out, since it seems to be an oft repeated falsehood that might cause you to reach conclusions that are not supported by facts.

:ph34r:

That is correct. After all, they have been working on the Pogo Stick for quite some time now.  :cool:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

P8Z77-V PRO | i5 3570K @4.2GHz | 8GB DDR3 | EVGA GTX670 2GB | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO |2TB Seagate | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 7 PRO 64 | yup, still on FSX |

Tony K.

27 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

I remain hopeful that PMDG will generate new facts to specifically deny this falsehood.

Like, say, making a Falcon 8x? 😉

... Or pretty much any bizjet for that matter - the sim market has very high quality GA prop aircraft, and jetliners, but it's pretty hard to find a *really* good small jet.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, eslader said:

I remain hopeful that PMDG will generate new facts to specifically deny this falsehood.

Like, say, making a Falcon 8x? 😉

... Or pretty much any bizjet for that matter - the sim market has very high quality GA prop aircraft, and jetliners, but it's pretty hard to find a *really* good small jet.

I would spend the 200 bucks on a PMDG FA8X anyday

• Like 1

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |