Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Are “Professional” v4 only Airports really that different?

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@robert young, I agree to a certain extent with your post. You went on to talk about aircraft rather than airport scenery which was the point of my post.......

I've just purchased Brussels and Rhodes by JustSim. Both are for v4 only so should have the extra features only available in that sim.

@Avidean, how true!

So Ray, after getting these I would be interested to hear your honest opinion of the JustSim airport scenery's...??

Personally, I think these are very nice additions to any P3D v4.x users airport scenery library, and the prices are very reasonable for what you get IMHO....

I'm thinking seriously about adding JustSim LEBL and LFMN while the sale is still going on...😀

7 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

So Ray, after getting these I would be interested to hear your honest opinion of the JustSim airport scenery's...??

Personally, I think these are very nice additions to any P3D v4.x users airport scenery library, and the prices are very reasonable for what you get IMHO....

I'm thinking seriously about adding JustSim LEBL and LFMN while the sale is still going on...😀

Simwings LEBL is Stunning with a huge amount of PR around it. Very FPS friendly for a 6GB DL. 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

18 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Cognita, but these are generally more expensive or maybe that’s down to the UKP exchange rate. A simple compile is a bit of a cheat I think.

Anyway, I’ll watch out for FSDT O’Hare and see the reaction.

I agree Ray. I personally feel they are a bit of a rip off. They are more expensive, and are so for one reason only IMO, they offer a discount for previous customers so the devs can do so without losing too much profit, regardless to the fact that someone has already purchased the airport. Yes, of course theres shldbe a price to pay. I have never adhered to the idea that because you've purchased a product in FSX then you shouldn't pay for the same product in P3D, especially v4, this is rediculouis. But when the 'upgrade' fee is almost the same price as the purchase of the original airport, then I feel the cost is unjustified and yes, a rip off. BTW: Orbx comes under fire for some of their business practices, but hey, they provide not only a wealth of some of the best freeware available, they also offer all their customers 100% free upgrades for all their products from version to version! If they can do it, I fail to understand why others have to charge such large amounts for their upgrades.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

33 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Simwings LEBL is Stunning with a huge amount of PR around it. Very FPS friendly for a 6GB DL. 

I agree with Dave, this scenery is stunning!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Just some numbers:

for 6 EUR upgrade fee from the old scenery of Heathrow you get exactly this:

New in version P3D V4:

• Code (BGLs) recompiled and optimized using new material options with P3D V4 SDK
  • All objects optimized for new shadowing techniques
  • Dynamic Lighting ( can be disabled partially)
  • Ground layout including detailed aerial imagery created according to P3D V4 SDK
  • New optimized 3D Runwaylights (will be switched on and off depending on daytime and weather conditions)
  • AFCAD approaches changed to Airac 1708
  • Adjusted AFCAD parking positions   
  • New detailed and animated Jetway models (CTRL-J)
  • Partially higher resolution textures
  • Partial closedown of Terminal 1 (currently under construction)
  • Extended configurations menu

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

6 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Just some numbers:

for 6 EUR upgrade fee from the old scenery of Heathrow you get exactly this:

New in version P3D V4:

• Code (BGLs) recompiled and optimized using new material options with P3D V4 SDK
  • All objects optimized for new shadowing techniques
  • Dynamic Lighting ( can be disabled partially)
  • Ground layout including detailed aerial imagery created according to P3D V4 SDK
  • New optimized 3D Runwaylights (will be switched on and off depending on daytime and weather conditions)
  • AFCAD approaches changed to Airac 1708
  • Adjusted AFCAD parking positions   
  • New detailed and animated Jetway models (CTRL-J)
  • Partially higher resolution textures
  • Partial closedown of Terminal 1 (currently under construction)
  • Extended configurations menu

They clearly vary enormously Joe...  Barcelona professional 22,74 €

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

i'll buy any airport that has daytime low visibility lighting & sode ai jetway docking ..... it's a very shortlist. 

for now, cheers

john martin

3 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

They clearly vary enormously Joe...  Barcelona professional 22,74 €

When you upgrade from the 8 year old FS2004/FSX version, from the FSX/P3D Evolution version you pay 7 EUR.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

15 hours ago, Chock said:

It'll be interesting to see what new superlative they'll be adding to products when everyone is either adding 'pro' to their product name and/or it no longer registers with people. The funniest one I think I ever saw, was for some washing up liquid called 'Optimum', after a while it became 'New improved Optimum' which I'm fairly sure isn't possible, at least in literary terms.

So, here's some suggestions:

'I Can't Believe It's Not Heathrow'

'Utterly Heathrow'

'New Improved Ultimate Heathrow'

'Super Mega God-like Heathrow'

'Now That's What I Call Heathrow'

'Heathrow 2: This Time It's Personal'

'By Golly It's Heathrow'

'This is Heathrow: And We'll Fight Anyone In The Room Who Says It Isn't'

Heathrow Super Pro Mega Extension XYZ  :

- walking bugs in the grass

- every raindrops has its own color

- animated people differ per day/time

- grafity at walls differ per season 

- realistic Traffic jams at peak hours

- future buildings/objects are build in and appear when they are ready in reality

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Good marketing, or how to get more money for the same thing over and over again. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

8 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Don't buy LEBL from JustSim, it is awful. This is one of their worst work and I have quite a few of their sceneries. Unfortunately a few of them disappoint and LEBL ist certainly one of them. As I understand, SimWings won the quiality-race on that one... and if you are looking for a sale, you might want to look at LatinVFR's version.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I have never adhered to the idea that because you've purchased a product in FSX then you shouldn't pay for the same product in P3D, especially v4, this is rediculouis. But when the 'upgrade' fee is almost the same price as the purchase of the original airport, then I feel the cost is unjustified and yes, a rip off. 

Me neither but the ‘upgrade’ fee does seem to vary quite a bit. For a straight recompile to make an FSX version compatible with v4 Aerosoft did it for free with Thessaloniki.

In the list supplied by @JoeFackelI don’t see any mention of better frame rates. Should that be expected? And is that the Aerosoft version? What about UK2000 Heathrow? Any extra charge for that?

There are clearly some good upgrade prices but in how many of those are you seeing much more detail now the 4Gb limit no longer applies? If you locate to those airports is memory usage exceeding 4Gb - without any Ai of course. And with a default aircraft. Might be interesting to know.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

P3D v4 finally removed that 4Gb VAS limit that must have been so frustrating for developers. Now they can add many more objects and not have to worry about memory running out.

Having recently bought Milan Malpensa I was hoping for a spectacular airport but if I’m honest I don’t see a huge difference from earlier versions.

Maybe I’ve just been unlucky or I’m expecting too much and there are plenty of airports exclusively for v4 that will be impressive. Do others share my view or can you recommend any airports that genuinely are ground-breaking?

P3D V4 => 'Professional' add-on series...
P3D V5 => 'Ultimate' add-on series...
P3D V6 => 'Supreme' add-on series...
P3D V7 => 'Pinnacle' add-on series...

You get it....

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

18 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've just purchased Brussels and Rhodes by JustSim. Both are for v4 only so should have the extra features only available in that sim.

That is not a valid assumption. JustSim simply stopped developing for other platforms based on the ESP engine due to the increased workload, to save time, not primarly to include new features. This does not necessarily mean that a P3Dv4.x only Airport offers features not available on other sims (not yet), especially not for JustSim, who publishes sceneries in such a high pace that some trade-offs are inevitable regarding features and quality. I mean, they are not even capable of including a proper AFCAD with gate-assignments in 90% of their sceneries, not to speak about the ridiculous DL performance...

Otherwise: if you compare for example the "professional" versions of LEBL and LEMD, yes, I was happy to have them back in my sim for a small upgrade fee and even if the improvements for P3Dv4.x are not instantly visible, they are there. Never had better performance on those two airports ever before... Same is true for the "professional" variant of LSZH.

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you locate to those airports is memory usage exceeding 4Gb - without any Ai of course. And with a default aircraft. Might be interesting to know.

Sorry to say, but you have a strange set of expectations from the removal of the 4GB Limit. Isn't it enough that you now can keep all your sceneries in Europe active when flying from A to B and even if you fly over 10 addon sceneries, you will not run into this annyoing OOM?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS