regis9

CaptainSim 757-300 Released

Out now, $19.99

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads-up.

27 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Out now, $19.99

...But the base pack has now gone up to $99(although its in sale at its orginal price of  $75 at the moment). Unbelivable, over $200 for the whole lot now once the "sale" is over.

• Like 1

This cracks me up...Especially after rising the base price to $99...Seriously, what the hell are they thinking? 

• Like 1

Greetings. 

Would you guys recommend 757? Never had it from CaptainSim. I am wondering if it is worth to spend a $. Is everything simulated like in NG? Is it possible to assign custom TQ via FSUIPC? How is VC graphics? It looks good in the video. I read that people had issues keeping the speed with VNAV and engine start from cold and dark. I am wondering if this is still ongoing issues. 

Thank you 

Edited by skysurfer

2 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Greetings. 

Would you guys recommend 757? Never had it from CaptainSim. I am wondering if it is worth to spend a $. Is everything simulated like in NG? Is it possible to assign custom TQ via FSUIPC? How is VC graphics? It looks good in the video. I read that people had issues keeping the speed with VNAV and engine start from cold and dark. I am wondering if this is still ongoing issues. 

Thank you 

NO

Well thanks. I have visited their forum and it looked like there are many issues with this airplane. I will standby for now. 

2 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Greetings. 

Thank you 

It has its problems but it is basically the only decent 757 available. If you can get it on sale around Christmas when they mark it down significantly then I would say it is worth it. But at its normal price point, I would say it is absolutely not worth the money. You also have to spend extra money just to get the Rolls Royce version, and then more money for the freighter, and then more money for the -300. Their pricing and product grouping is honestly ridiculous.

So short answer, No.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bigt said:

It has its problems but it is basically the only decent 757 available. If you can get it on sale around Christmas when they mark it down significantly then I would say it is worth it. But at its normal price point, I would say it is absolutely not worth the money. You also have to spend extra money just to get the Rolls Royce version, and then more money for the freighter, and then more money for the -300. Their pricing and product grouping is honestly ridiculous.

So short answer, No.

Oh wow. Copy that, thanks. 

I recently purchased the base CS 757 when it was on sale, plus the extension, even though I realized at the time that the 757 was probably a dinosaur in the real world (ya know, like the A380 with today's announcement).  However the 757 will still continue to live on as air freight carriers.  But I most likely will not be buying the CS 757 freighter line.

I like the look and feel of the CS 757, but have had a lot of trouble with the auto-throttle misbehaving...

Bought it at that Christmas Sale and have never had any issues to date. Best 757 for P3Dv4 out there ATM, IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I never thought I would see the day that CS would make FSL & PMDG look "cheap" 😂

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Best 757 for P3Dv4 out there ATM, IMHO.

Probably because its the only one Rick 🙂 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I never thought I would see the day that CS would make FSL & PMDG look "cheap" 😂

LOL! 😄

Yearh - you're right. The pricing doesn't make sense... especially at $99 - I thought $75 was too high.

It's a good simulation, but for the price, you aren't getting your money's worth, in my opinion...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL! 😄

Yearh - you're right. The pricing doesn't make sense... especially at $99 - I thought $75 was too high.

It's a good simulation, but for the price, you aren't getting your money's worth, in my opinion...

I would love to add a 757 to my hanger, I love the 757, but if they want to charge more than FSL/PMDG I expect that level of fidelity at least and I've not heard anyone suggest it's as good, let alone better than FSL/PMDG. 

Then you have The Maddog and Q400 and there also best in class, how much are they?

CS you have lost the plot!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

RR engines, systems and sounds, included with the -300 even if you don't have the -200 RR expansion 🤔 why do they make you pay $30 for the RR engines on the -200 then? What a mess, between that and the two options for freighter expansions too 😆

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Probably because its the only one Rick 🙂 

So, so true, David, but refresh me, please. How long have we been patiently waiting for LDS' 757? Which was supposed to be the advent to a new dawn? Thus, have settled for a bit of lightweight sim fun with the CS version.

Luckily got it at that Xmas Offer sales, and have not opted for the freighter models, not at their current price, but $19.99 for the -300 expansion seemed reasonable, rather than wait 11 months for their $9.99 sales.

But I will agree with your remark of charging PMDG/FSL prices for not quite the same ballpark.

Edited by vc10man

Hey, Rick not only am I happy you are enjoyed the 75 but you bought it at the "right" price. 

Whats LDS ?......................lol it will never happen. Sadly the CS one is the only one and I would buy the freighter DHL into my local airport EGNX perfect, but every time I go look at streams and youtube I come away thinking it's not worth the price they're asking and now it's even gone up another $25.

I wish Captain Sim would see this thread. $99 for a base pack where the night lighting is TERRIBLE and is just imported from FSX. They even admitted it on their forums. Shame on them. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Le Français said:

I wish Captain Sim would see this thread. $99 for a base pack where the night lighting is TERRIBLE and is just imported from FSX. They even admitted it on their forums. Shame on them. 

If they saw this thread they'd probably raise the price even higher... The recent criticism of their pricing model hasn't gone unnoticed by them and they tried to justify the price tag which didn't really convince anyone. I assume they are trying to get as much out of the fact it's the best 757 simulation at this time as possible. I bought it at 75$ when it was first released and it's a decent plane which is fun to fly but it's not worth that kind of money to me. I'll not even think about the fact they seem to be charging 100$ now.

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Whats LDS ?......................lol it will never happen

So true, David.

43 minutes ago, Le Français said:

the night lighting is TERRIBLE

Have had not a single issue with cockpit lighting in the day or night. Clear for ne

24 minutes ago, threegreen said:

'll not even think about the fact they seem to be charging 100$ now.

Probably give you and others apoplexy at rate being charged🤣

Edited by vc10man

They've gone nuts definitely. Their products are much better than previous versions but nothing NOTHING makes that 757 base pack worth $99.99. Maybe if all models were included instead of the huge mess they made with it dividing them in packs it would be worth like 69.99, but a single P&W 757 for 100... Alas no.

• Like 1

I've noticed that CaptainSim has put the responsibilities of repaints on the freeware painters. After the initial base pack release they no longer provide the basic repaints yet they still charge a crazy price. The freeware painters are getting saturated with request to the point it has gotten heated. It's not their responsibility to cover CS butt. Has anyone also noticed that the virtual cabin in the -300 is the same -200 file. They couldn't even make an effort to model the -300 correctly. Maybe they should take some of that 757 money and hire one of these guys. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Greetings. 

Thank you 

The pricing is a bit of a mess, but if you can put that aside it’s a decent aircraft, I enjoy flying it.  If you want a 757 in P3D this is likely as good as it will get.  No offense to the QualityWings one that will be coming, but it’s an aged product that was never intended to have the systems depth that the captainsim aircraft currently has.  I enjoyed the QW version back in the day but will be sticking with the CS version.