Clutch Cargo

Any floatplanes available for P3Dv4?

Just asking.  More into  eye candy than systems but if it has both all the better.  Is there anything out there yet? Lot's of water bodies I want to dip my toe into. 😛

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended is good, and comes with wheel, tundra wheel, ski, amphib, and float variants.

I have a lot of fun flying low n slow with the Milviz DHC-2 Beaver. Comes in four variants, and if you opt for the Expansion pack, even more.

Aerosoft Catalina. With gear and also a variant with no gear.

Lionheart Kodiak

• Upvote 1

All of the above! :biggrin:

I can never make up my mind.  Lean toward the Catalina because of nostalgia - it's a beautiful bird.

Vic

3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

...  Lean toward the Catalina ...

And it has some depth at least. You have to take care to not ruin the engines. Payload has to be shifted carefully regarding the CG.

Carenado sells a C172 w/floats for about $10 (standalone aircraft, not an expansion pack). 

Also a C185 Skywagon Bush with 4 models: Amphibian, Float (with and without window door), Ski (with and without window door) and Tundra; all for about $20 (also standalone aircraft, not an expansion pack).

Does the old Lionheart Kodiak still work ok in P3D 4.4? I love that plane and never knew it had been updated...

Works fine. It's still one of my favorites.

Vic

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Clutch Cargo All of Carenado's float planes work fine in P3D 4.4. Very few of the older models like the C185 Bush have working switch sounds but that can be fixed easily by downloading switch sound packs in the Avsim library that use Doug Dawson's excellent 64bit XML sound gauge.

Edited by Jocko Flocko

You may have a look at Milviz´ DHC-3 Otter and DHC-3T Turbo Otter. Both are available with straight floats or amphibian floats and I consider their FDA as very believable.

I warmly recommend the (quite unknown) AEROPROYECTO Cessna 172N Floatplane for P3Dv4.
Flight dynamic is excellent, exterior and interior are well modeled and it moves like a real floatplane on water unlike the Carenado's.
Lot of work and love involved in producing this aircraft which is a joy to fly.

10 minutes ago, David Roch said:

I warmly recommend the (quite unknown) AEROPROYECTO Cessna 172N Floatplane for P3Dv4.
Flight dynamic is excellent, exterior and interior are well modeled and it moves like a real floatplane on water unlike the Carenado's.

Fantastic heads-up, there, David. Just had a peek and looks impressive, and not too expensive as well.

Fire and rain are simulated + some other extras, you'll love it! 🙂

• Like 1

Great find! Going try that tonight. 

WoW, I had no idea there were so many floatplanes available for P3Dv4.   Feeling purty silly as I have the latest version of the Kodiak and didn't know it had a float model.  Ok, back to testing,

Clutch
simwest

:--))

I love amphibians and have them all. IMO there is not enough float models for P3D V4.
I am so happy I have discovered this Cessna!
This is a serious and challenging aircraft for 20$, so if you like bush flying with pauses on lakes, don't hesitate, it is by far the best of all.

Wish someone would develop a high quality Lake Amphibian.

7 hours ago, David Roch said:

David,

Thank you for this recommendation! I spent the afternoon with this little gem flying around Glacier Bay and the Hoonah area today. What a sweet little aircraft.

This has got to be the best 20 bucks I have spent in this hobby in years. Thank you!

I have been looking for this aircraft for quite some time. I see a whole heap of hours in this little guy.

You're correct sir, a lot of work and love, and it shows.

Cheers,

Bob

My pleasure Bob, happy to share this nice finding!

The Milton's freeware Mallard and Turbo Mallard (both native Fsx version), are really great.

Gérard

+1 for the Milviz DHC-2 Beaver.  I also discovered a freeware Ant's Airplanes Eaglet Float version at https://www.antsairplanes.com/freeanddemos.html and it is surprisingly fun to fly. The Beaver is amphib, the free Eaglet is straight floats.

Now I'm immersed in Alaska bush flying with scenery from Return To Misty Moorings installed on top of ORBX Alaska regions and Tongass Fjords X. It really brings it to life. All the RTMM stuff is free.