_Gladius_

No really, PMDG is having a sale!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TalonMX said:

Instead of a conspiracy theory on PMDG Sales / FS2020, how about PMDG is simply celebrating the last step in the big move to the new service, forums, site, etc. They have been working this for some time and a nice gesture to the community was having a sale to celebrate a major milestone for the company.

Conspiracy ? Such a cliché 😀 ! That there is any conspiracy in my post is beyond me. Just an clinical observation that a company which never does sales does one now at a moment when the market is rocked by a major announcement and the conclusion one may draw from this.

I am sorry I don’t belong to the pompom brigade. 

PS I have a lot of respect for what Randazzo has done over the years and there is nothing derogatory in what I said

Edited by domkle

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, _Gladius_ said:

Robert Randazzo just announced that with the opening of their new store, and since it’s their 22nd birthday, they’re having a once in a lifetime sale!  Guess they want to stress test their new servers.

And I think I’m going to be adding a 777 to my fleet.  😎

Darn, and just when I made the decision to downsize my hanger.  I have the iFly 737 and no interest in the others, but I do wish them a ton of sales.

Edited by airernie

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, domkle said:

Conspiracy ? Such a cliché 😀 ! That there is any conspiracy in my post is beyond me. Just an clinical observation that a company which never does sales does one now at a moment when the market is rocked by a major announcement and the conclusion one may draw from this.

I am sorry I don’t belong to the pompom brigade. 

PS I have a lot of respect for what Randazzo has done over the years and there is nothing derogatory in what I said

My comment was based on your statement "MS announcement has here a first visible effect on the market. Do they try to revigorate declining sales (pessimistic view) or need more cash to adapt their products (optimistic view) ?" but then again I may have misunderstood what you're trying to say because of the way it is written. I have no clue what a pompom brigade so I take it is a jab of some type. Again no one knows what the intention was but you know what, it was a nice gesture by them. 

Edited by TalonMX
  • Like 1

I'm waiting tor PMDG to release  a model of Robert Randazzo's actual C-47. 

Jim Driskell

• Upvote 1

Interesting course this topic has taken...

I didn’t have any issues updating my password on the new server.  The 22% discount was automatically applied, and I downloaded my new 777-200 and -300 this morning.  I’m looking forward to giving her a spin when I get a few moments of free time!

I personally don’t see the FS2020 announcement as “rocking” the FlightSim world.  It is just an announcement after all, and the release is still a year away.  Even if it’s so awesome that I kick P3D to the curb, I’ll still enjoy my 777 until then, and feel like I got my money’s worth.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, _Gladius_ said:

Interesting course this topic has taken...

I didn’t have any issues updating my password on the new server.  The 22% discount was automatically applied, and I downloaded my new 777-200 and -300 this morning.  I’m looking forward to giving her a spin when I get a few moments of free time!

I personally don’t see the FS2020 announcement as “rocking” the FlightSim world.  It is just an announcement after all, and the release is still a year away.  Even if it’s so awesome that I kick P3D to the curb, I’ll still enjoy my 777 until then, and feel like I got my money’s worth.

I had issues trying to log in and change my password on my computer last night. When I did it from my iPad it went fine. Probably a cookies issue. I agree about MSFS2020. No one, including PMDG has any idea what the new sim is going to be like or how they'll integrate their products into it. I doubt that this discount is a reaction to that. Maybe it's just an appreciative company thanking its customers without having an ulterior motive. It doesn't happen often in the business world, but it does happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd rather be able to use my J41 in Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They need to get on this.

Hard to get excited about 22%, even if it is PMDG. 🙂

I never though I'd be typing this but .... the PMDG 737ngx base with the discount is $70.20 which is a better buy than the iFly ngx at $79.95

• Upvote 1

Wow. I grabbed the 777 and its expansion. I think we broke their website. Haven't gotten a download link or email confirmation yet even though the order shows on my account page (but no download link). Hehe. 

I picked up the 747-8 expansion. I've been on the fence about it but since PMDG NEVER does sales I figured I better jump on it.

Posted (edited)

Only problem is I have already bought everything that PMDG sells and in some cases twice!

Edited by rocketlaunch

Picked up the 747-8 on my high end computer running FSX/SE I’m at 3.93-4.06 VAS usage even with sliders turned down, no addon scenery. I’ll do some tweaking later to try and fix this.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

Picked up the 747-8 on my high end computer running FSX/SE I’m at 3.93-4.06 VAS usage even with sliders turned down, no addon scenery. I’ll do some tweaking later to try and fix this.

Turn off the co-pilot's displays and specify to use the low-res cockpit. That will help, but the 747 was the plane that convinced me to dump FSX and go P3d. I just couldn't complete an intercontinental flight without getting an OOM crash, usually right as I turned final. No amount of hardware will fix this because of the memory cap that FSX struggles under.

Edited by eslader

It's fun but it's a complex airplane and it needs care in feeding and handling to be successful.  Flying it by pilotage via VORs using the A/P is a real treat. 

Jim Driskell

On 8/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, FPStewy said:

I never though I'd be typing this but .... the PMDG 737ngx base with the discount is $70.20 which is a better buy than the iFly ngx at $79.95

But then again the IFLY was around 50€ just a while ago, which makes it a better buy 😉

Posted (edited)

Sale ends tomorrow and it still can't process the order

Edit: finally got it done. Servers must be loaded.

Edited by FPStewy

Posted (edited)

I purchased the 747-400 and the 747-8 expansion last Sunday and got the download links within a minute. Download was very fast and I am enjoying this iconic bird already.

Edited by Flyfox

Posted (edited)

I purchased the P3dv4 736/7/8/9 NGX that I had initially for FSX. I wasn't planning on doing it, but the 22% bargain and the exchange rate (80€) finally changed my mind. This type of reduction by PMDG is very rare if not unique,so...

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Guess I missed this...

Nice of them but not opening my wallet now until Microsoft announcement. 

• Upvote 1