Jump to content

_Gladius_

No really, PMDG is having a sale!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TalonMX said:

Instead of a conspiracy theory on PMDG Sales / FS2020, how about PMDG is simply celebrating the last step in the big move to the new service, forums, site, etc. They have been working this for some time and a nice gesture to the community was having a sale to celebrate a major milestone for the company.

Conspiracy ? Such a cliché 😀 ! That there is any conspiracy in my post is beyond me. Just an clinical observation that a company which never does sales does one now at a moment when the market is rocked by a major announcement and the conclusion one may draw from this.

I am sorry I don’t belong to the pompom brigade. 

PS I have a lot of respect for what Randazzo has done over the years and there is nothing derogatory in what I said

Edited by domkle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, _Gladius_ said:

Robert Randazzo just announced that with the opening of their new store, and since it’s their 22nd birthday, they’re having a once in a lifetime sale!  Guess they want to stress test their new servers.

And I think I’m going to be adding a 777 to my fleet.  😎

Darn, and just when I made the decision to downsize my hanger.  I have the iFly 737 and no interest in the others, but I do wish them a ton of sales.

Edited by airernie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, domkle said:

Conspiracy ? Such a cliché 😀 ! That there is any conspiracy in my post is beyond me. Just an clinical observation that a company which never does sales does one now at a moment when the market is rocked by a major announcement and the conclusion one may draw from this.

I am sorry I don’t belong to the pompom brigade. 

PS I have a lot of respect for what Randazzo has done over the years and there is nothing derogatory in what I said

My comment was based on your statement "MS announcement has here a first visible effect on the market. Do they try to revigorate declining sales (pessimistic view) or need more cash to adapt their products (optimistic view) ?" but then again I may have misunderstood what you're trying to say because of the way it is written. I have no clue what a pompom brigade so I take it is a jab of some type. Again no one knows what the intention was but you know what, it was a nice gesture by them. 

Edited by TalonMX
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting tor PMDG to release  a model of Robert Randazzo's actual C-47. 

Jim Driskell

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting course this topic has taken...

I didn’t have any issues updating my password on the new server.  The 22% discount was automatically applied, and I downloaded my new 777-200 and -300 this morning.  I’m looking forward to giving her a spin when I get a few moments of free time!

I personally don’t see the FS2020 announcement as “rocking” the FlightSim world.  It is just an announcement after all, and the release is still a year away.  Even if it’s so awesome that I kick P3D to the curb, I’ll still enjoy my 777 until then, and feel like I got my money’s worth.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, _Gladius_ said:

Interesting course this topic has taken...

I didn’t have any issues updating my password on the new server.  The 22% discount was automatically applied, and I downloaded my new 777-200 and -300 this morning.  I’m looking forward to giving her a spin when I get a few moments of free time!

I personally don’t see the FS2020 announcement as “rocking” the FlightSim world.  It is just an announcement after all, and the release is still a year away.  Even if it’s so awesome that I kick P3D to the curb, I’ll still enjoy my 777 until then, and feel like I got my money’s worth.

I had issues trying to log in and change my password on my computer last night. When I did it from my iPad it went fine. Probably a cookies issue. I agree about MSFS2020. No one, including PMDG has any idea what the new sim is going to be like or how they'll integrate their products into it. I doubt that this discount is a reaction to that. Maybe it's just an appreciative company thanking its customers without having an ulterior motive. It doesn't happen often in the business world, but it does happen.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather be able to use my J41 in Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They need to get on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to get excited about 22%, even if it is PMDG. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never though I'd be typing this but .... the PMDG 737ngx base with the discount is $70.20 which is a better buy than the iFly ngx at $79.95

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I grabbed the 777 and its expansion. I think we broke their website. Haven't gotten a download link or email confirmation yet even though the order shows on my account page (but no download link). Hehe. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up the 747-8 expansion. I've been on the fence about it but since PMDG NEVER does sales I figured I better jump on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Only problem is I have already bought everything that PMDG sells and in some cases twice!

Edited by rocketlaunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the 747-8 on my high end computer running FSX/SE I’m at 3.93-4.06 VAS usage even with sliders turned down, no addon scenery. I’ll do some tweaking later to try and fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

Picked up the 747-8 on my high end computer running FSX/SE I’m at 3.93-4.06 VAS usage even with sliders turned down, no addon scenery. I’ll do some tweaking later to try and fix this.

Turn off the co-pilot's displays and specify to use the low-res cockpit. That will help, but the 747 was the plane that convinced me to dump FSX and go P3d. I just couldn't complete an intercontinental flight without getting an OOM crash, usually right as I turned final. No amount of hardware will fix this because of the memory cap that FSX struggles under.

 

Edited by eslader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fun but it's a complex airplane and it needs care in feeding and handling to be successful.  Flying it by pilotage via VORs using the A/P is a real treat. 

Jim Driskell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, FPStewy said:

I never though I'd be typing this but .... the PMDG 737ngx base with the discount is $70.20 which is a better buy than the iFly ngx at $79.95

But then again the IFLY was around 50€ just a while ago, which makes it a better buy 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sale ends tomorrow and it still can't process the order

Edit: finally got it done. Servers must be loaded.

 

Edited by FPStewy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I purchased the 747-400 and the 747-8 expansion last Sunday and got the download links within a minute. Download was very fast and I am enjoying this iconic bird already.

Edited by Flyfox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I purchased the P3dv4 736/7/8/9 NGX that I had initially for FSX. I wasn't planning on doing it, but the 22% bargain and the exchange rate (80€) finally changed my mind. This type of reduction by PMDG is very rare if not unique,so...

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I missed this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice of them but not opening my wallet now until Microsoft announcement. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...