Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

Let's speculate about the default aircraft in FS2020

14 minutes ago, LHookins said:

It looks like the model number will be OK as long as they don't mention the manufacturer:  Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, whatever.

Again, this is not a universal problem. Laminar has no problem mentioning manufacturer names for the default aircraft. If they can afford licensing costs, then certainly Microsoft can.

It may be even more important for a sim that's being introduced on Xbox as well, since taking the Carenado route of just mentioning obscure model numbers like PA34, B58, C208 won't resonate with newbies like the names Piper, Beechcraft, and Cessna.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

Again, this is not a universal problem. Laminar has no problem mentioning manufacturer names for the default aircraft. If they can afford licensing costs, then certainly Microsoft can.

Perhaps Textron are yet to contact them regarding the removal of their aircraft likenesses from X-Plane, or they are allowing them to exist in any simulator designed for personal consumer entertainment with a fee. Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition is still being sold with Cessna and Beechcraft aircraft included, and with Microsoft taking over I suspect that any licensing would have to be renewed. Meanwhile it's been almost a year since Lockheed Martin announced negotiations with Textron to reintroduce their aircraft in Prepar3D, with no result.

There is a list of the planes seen already. So far the only commercial jets seen are the A320neo and the 747-400, which can be seen parked on the da62 sunset landing photo. Would be nice to bring back the concorde, which was only included in FS2000.

I have never noticed a 747, but that's one that I would certainly want back.  Chances are less than slim they'll do a Concorde, though maybe someone else will.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

40 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Chances are less than slim they'll do a Concorde, though maybe someone else will.

I think FSLabs might.  But honestly, a Concorde is very niche and too complex for most (me included), if you want to fly it half decently

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

Based on what we saw until now, MSFS2020 will have a substantial french touch. The Robin and A320 are french, and every single update carry a picture or a clip from France, I think this is no coincidence here.

So in term of aircrafts, I suspect the A380 and:or the A400M, and for the helicopters the Gazelle, the NH90 Caiman or the SA330 Puma

Edited by Noooch

2 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Based on what we saw until now, MSFS2020 will have a substantial french touch. The Robin and A320 are french, and every single update carry a picture or a clip from France, I think this is no coincidence here.

So in term of aircrafts, I suspect the A380 and:or the A400M, and for the helicopters the Gazelle, the NH90 Caiman or the SA330 Puma

I wouldn't bet on the A380 as it is a discontinued product. The A400M would be amazing, actually. About the helicopters... I think we won't see them on the release version of the MSFS2020, I think they still have to improve the flight dynamics for helicopters as we didn't see any of them being shown on the screenshots/clips.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Ugh, I'd have to re-train myself on which is the "power pedal" (anti-torque). Euro helicopter main rotors move in the opposite direction to the US models I've been flying. 🙂

Actually I'd be happy with any good model of a lightweight piston trainer and also a medium-weight twin turboshaft with more advanced systems.

32 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I wouldn't bet on the A380 as it is a discontinued product. The A400M would be amazing, actually. About the helicopters... I think we won't see them on the release version of the MSFS2020, I think they still have to improve the flight dynamics for helicopters as we didn't see any of them being shown on the screenshots/clips.

I doubt the A380 also, because while technically interesting, it never reached "iconic" status. A bad guess at where the market was going.

Regarding helicopters, I'm nervous about not seeing them in previews, but maybe it's just too early. There's still plenty of time yet. 

Has any version of MS Flight Simulator been released without a helicopter in recent years? FSX has the AW EH101 and Robbie R22, so that's the last reference point. I'm not counting "Flight" which I don't think had a helicopter (did it?), since that was a break from the official MSFS series. You'd think that if the fancy pants new scenery system is one of the major selling points in the new sim, they'd give us a helicopter right off the bat to enjoy it at its fullest. Unless that would... er, expose too many rough edges...

54 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Based on this the 747-400 will be fazed out of flight sim for good Concorde will never be seen again and we can then safely say what`s not going to be in flight simulator in the future. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Regarding helicopters, I'm nervous about not seeing them in previews, but maybe it's just too early. There's still plenty of time yet. 

Has any version of MS Flight Simulator been released without a helicopter in recent years? FSX has the AW EH101 and Robbie R22, so that's the last reference point. I'm not counting "Flight" which I don't think had a helicopter (did it?), since that was a break from the official MSFS series. You'd think that if the fancy pants new scenery system is one of the major selling points in the new sim, they'd give us a helicopter right off the bat to enjoy it at its fullest. Unless that would... er, expose too many rough edges...

I'm sure helicopters will be part of MSFS2020, what I meant is maybe they are not coming on the release version.

It hasn't to be a bad thing. It could mean they are willing to bring helicopters when they accomplished an accurate flight dynamics for them. But as you said, there's time. Maybe it's not good enought to show right now, but it will be before the v1.0 release.

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

I'm sure helicopters will be part of MSFS2020, what I meant is maybe they are not coming on the release version.

It hasn't to be a bad thing. It could mean they are willing to bring helicopters when they accomplished an accurate flight dynamics for them. But as you said, there's time. Maybe it's not good enought to show right now, but it will be before the v1.0 release.

I predict many eyebrows will be raised, and not just mine, if the first release doesn't include default helicopters.

If nothing else, as a tech demo to show that they're serious about the flight modeling so MS can attract 3rd party developers where this is their specialty.

Helicopters with a dumbed-down flight and control model that can work on a gamepad (with deeper options for realistic simulation), is also a great way to interest the Xbox gamer crowd. Who doesn't like helicopters? They're sexy! 

If we don't have a good rendition of a good rotor craft I will be very disappointed, 

Please, no Robbie's. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I don't think we're getting any Textron products (Cessna/Beechcraft/Raytheon)..

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

19 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I don't think we're getting any Textron products (Cessna/Beechcraft/Raytheon)..

Why not, when we get those named products in XP11? You think Austin has deeper pockets than Microsoft? 😉

I think we will get helicopters and float planes. I have no idea when though? I do hope they are in the initial release with some cool missions and/or tutorials though, for beginners and me, like FSX. I still fly those stupid GREEN square tutorials once in awhile in the mission area just for the heck of it. And I still enjoy it too for a change once in awhile. You know where you go through the GREEN gates 🙂

Edited by Learjet777
  • Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ