Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

Links 2020 (Golf Sim)

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Monster Truck Madness 3!

Microsoft isn't reading this forum as a whole, just the MSFS developers are.

Perfect!

Asobo should do a golf game..

They clearly know what they're doing and have an amazing graphical engine.

Meh... I suck at golf. I've always played it backwards: flog...

If I could just swap my bowling and golf scores! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

16 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Microsoft isn't reading this forum as a whole, just the MSFS developers are.

Doesn't take a great deal to pass on a link if that's what's required.

Mark Daniels

There are a lot of computer golf fans around, but they are all split up among all the mediocre golf games that currently exist, everyone has their own favourite among them but the one thing I think everyone can agree over is that they all have a lot of flaws in their own way. Someone mentioned TGC2, well I think 57% positive reviews on Steam speaks for itself? Links itself still has a surviving dedicated community of people who considers 16+ years old games still being the best golf game out there, which is pretty ridiculous, and I say that while counting myself among them. LinksCorner unfortunately had to remake its forum recently and a bunch of people haven't found their way to the new forums yet, but its still very much an active community, along with the LSPN website. A modern quality golf sim with a big name behind it could certainly get people flocking together again.

Why not hop in your plane in MSFS2020 and fly to Augusta?  Then step into your CarSim 2020 and head to Augusta National.  Then open up your Links 2020 and play a round of golf.  All made possible by Azure AI and photogrammetry.  

A new Links would suit me down to a tee, I could easily see myself putting other games down to play it, but there again I’m not so green as to think it would not drive a wedge through the community.

• Like 1

To the OP, I know you begged that this topic remain in the MSFS forum but that wouldn't be fair to others that post unrelated topics and have them moved. We have to be fair to all. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Just use the golf courses in the MSFS2020 Scenery Engine to make a golf sim as well, and a train sim or a truck sim, a Ski-Doo sim or drive the kids to school on a yellow school bus sim, or simulate anything you want in that world, the sky is the limit

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

51 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

To the OP, I know you begged that this topic remain in the MSFS forum but that wouldn't be fair to others that post unrelated topics and have them moved. We have to be fair to all. 

I had to try.

Mark Daniels

Been using Links 386 for many years.  Still one of the best.  Maybe you have been to the site below which has almost all the courses around and free with a donation if you like.  I love links. 

https://linkscorner.org/

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After PGA Tour bit the farm I'm in agreement with the OP.  It would need a phone app as well so we could play on the go.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2