David Mills

Are you flying more or mainly talking about FS2020?

Are you flying more or mainly talking about FS2020?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Since FS2020 was announced, which pastime has occupied more of your time?

• I have spent more time flying the sim I already own.
    • I have spent more time learning and talking about FS2020.

I had been simming a lot less before the announcement, but the more I find out about FS20 the more excited I've been getting. So, I've gotten right into P3Dv4, and I've even brushed the dust off good old FSX:SE.

FSX makes for an interesting comparison with the new sim, but what really stimulates my mind is it's longevity. No doubt the new sim will also cast such long shadows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mike Beckwith

Highmike, FS20 is the shortform name for the new Farming Simulator... 

Now, THAT'S confusing! 

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Heho Wobbie ! Please don't start that again !  My gawd man, haven't you got anything else to wobby about ? 

Microsoft Flight Simulator, Flight Simulator, MFS, MSFS, FS2020, FS20, Microflight SimsoftuLator, Simicro Softflightulator , Who Caresimolator !  

Btw, i wiped all my flightsims off of my SSD's. No interest anymore (and i was so over the moon with P3Dv4, once..  :unsure: )

Edited by Javiz
  • Like 2

Jan

I have spend more time learning and talking about MSFS but that doesn't mean I spend all my flying time on that: I spend almost all my flying time on ATS and almost stopped flying. In fact, I also almost stopped following this forum and am mainly interested in news from MS/Asobo itself. I've read more speculations that a man can handle in a lifetime so I'm a bit done with all that. But after seeing what MSFS will bring flying in current sims doesn't really do it for me anymore. I've had a short P3D revival because all that reading about flying made me want to fly but after a short while I just couldn't stand it anymore. At this moment AFS2 is the only flight sim I have installed and I think I maybe fly for an hour every week or so. Just one or two quick hops. And then I am bored again with the crappy simulated world which looks like **** compared to what MSFS will bring. Maybe I will get a few more flight sim revivals before MSFS has arrived, who knows, but for now I am happy with ATS. And Desert Golfing. 😉 

Been flying the same. Because XP and DCS are still rewarding for me, and because my passion for aviation doesn't stop. So NOT flying for a long time would make me moody. 😛

• Like 2

For those interested MS have released a new beta branch for FSX:SE which will help them gain valuable new telemetry data for FS. It's on Steam/FSX Steam Edition/Betas/External Beta, they have also included some bug fixes.

Edited by SierraHotel

ProATC X (PATCX)  Official Beta Tester

Aerosoft (AS) Official Beta Tester

Mike Collins

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 16 gig ram, NVidia 1060 6 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, Crucial MX500 SSD

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I haven't flown since early August and I was flying at least twice a week before that.  I was already a bit fatigued with P3D before the MSFS announcement but I think that finally put me over the edge.  I also started using some other sims such as Euro/American Truck Sim and a couple other games.  I have never really gamed at all other than Flight simming for the past 30 years.  I have found these things to be quite enjoyable and it doesn't keep me tied to the PC for hours.  I even bought A Plague Tale which was developed by Asobo.  I did attempt to open P3D a couple times after I got my new monitor to test but to be honest it has a very dull look to it now in my eyes after playing these other sims/games along with seeing all of the MSFS clips...not to mention the lousy overall performance with complex addon aircraft.  I'll be happy to tie myself to the PC again once MSFS is released.....

Eric

P3D v4.5    i7-6700k @ 4.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 32GB ddr4 RAM, 1TB EVO 850 SSD, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 10

Or you can do both.  What else is there to do while in a 4 hour cruise.

• Like 1

Dave Seminchuk  CYVR LSZH FDX Virtual, Fly Virtual.
pmdg_trijet.jpgBoeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg