Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 27th, 2020 – Development Update

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

Be a start if you could actually join the insider thing, that never works when I try it.

Don't worry, there isn't much to see once in there that isn't posted here. Forums are only available to alpha testers right now.  

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:56 PM, overspeed3 said:

By the time 2020 is released, everyone may be walking around wearing surgical masks, and flight sim commercial aircraft may be the only ones actually flying.   Uh oh. Too soon to kid about that? 

Actually, when the word gets out about MSFS 2020, it may stop the spread of COVID19, because everyone will be at home, in front of their computer. A software pandemic ends a biological pandemic ... This is not your father's Oldsmobile.

• Like 3

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

15 hours ago, mp15 said:

This comparison is not fair.

One man develope an aircraft usually in more than a year for a few copies revenue while a sim revenues hundred thousand or even million copies.

The comparison is fair, just interpretation differs. The argument that small volume = high price is as old as time itself (or at least since the British empire invented capitalism), but buyers are basically paying more to subsidise the developer. Nothing wrong with that if the market is prepared to support it though, but it isn’t a golden rule that has to exist. 

it is the consumer that set the price really, regarding demand.

53 minutes ago, mp15 said:

it is the consumer that set the price really, regarding demand.

not when it comes to necessities.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:55 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

2.27-main.jpg

Screenshot credit: Batlle777

Undulating.png

Screenshot Credit: SoapyDiamond333

Does anyone know where this is?

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I've found the first one. It's Miami, famous for its pine trees.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 1:12 AM, Anthracite said:

The building is also missing a texture on the roof. You can see through it. The other roofs have a texture on top.

I don't know about that, by the looks of those clouds, it might have rained and that is just a culmination of water on the roof, but I've been wrong before. :blink: 

13 hours ago, IFR7700 said:

Actually, when the word gets out about MSFS 2020, it may stop the spread of COVID19, because everyone will be at home, in front of their computer. A software pandemic ends a biological pandemic ... This is not your father's Oldsmobile.

Thats how computer viruses spread....CompVi20

Edited by peppy197

5 hours ago, Shack95 said:

The bottom one looks so close to Logan county west of the new river gorge in Appalachia. 

By the way, I dont see the evergreens stacked on top of each other anymore. 

2.27-main.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

The bottom one looks so close to Logan county west of the new river gorge in Appalachia. 

By the way, I dont see the evergreens stacked on top of each other anymore. 

I bet it's in Chile, Peru or Ecuador...similar mountains but different architecture. Almost looks like Quito, Ecuador similar to the runway of my Flightbeam Studios airport scenery.

Edited by SP2472
  • Like 1

One thing I'm sure of. It's not Miami. There are more palms in Miami than pines. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

9 hours ago, Shack95 said:

At first I thought it *might* be Hechi in China.  Hechi airport does have a sloping grass area on right side, and the trees line up.  Only problem is the ramp doesn’t match.  But, as of now, this is best I can come up with.  Will still continue looking though.

5223-D0-EE-6-FCB-477-A-968-E-5747758-AB5

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 188AHC said:

One thing I'm sure of. It's not Miami. There are more palms in Miami than pines.

It doesn’t look like Miami at all because of the trees, but it definitely is Miami (see In-game VS Satellite thread).

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1