Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

9 minutes ago, JWxTreme said:

When Microsoft updates this version with new airports and planes in a year's time, I'm assuming there will be a small upgrade price?

If there is one thing I would bet on, it is that there will be more "fee upgrades" available over time.. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

I went with premium. Honestly I probably won’t fly the extra default planes, but KSFO is in the area I fly a lot in FSE.

After all the controversy around V5 and those like myself who have had a relatively painless experience, besides all the hate on review videos like my own, or the fs2020 crew who stopped buying add ons last year because fs2020 was coming out and will rule over all over sims....here is hoping it delivers on everything it has been ultra hyped up to be.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I'm going to get Standard on the $1 Xbox PC Game Pass ($1 for 30 days!)... Then if all's well I'll fork out the cash (about $180 AUD) for the Premium Deluxe version.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

Living in Europe and flying mainly in Europe my choice would be Premium....

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Premium Deluxe! ! what a question 😄

For me not because the Airports, because the Airplanes, thats where i will invest alot in the future.

• Like 1

Looking at airports and aircraft in the two premium packages there are almost none that I am interested in (SFO maybe and Cairo). Premium airports are for the airliners crowd and premium aircraft seem redundant with the standard offer.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

16 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

If I was american I would probably get the Premium version, but sadly I'm Canadian, which means it's $159.

I'm from Australia the Premium just cost me $A179, but I figure it will the last Flight Sim I'll buy. I go back to the first version of MSFS then each version after, all versions of Prepar3d to 4.5 and X-plane 8 to the current 11.50. When you consider some current Airliners for Prepar3d would cost me around $A200, I think its a fair price for aircraft, weather and photo realistic scenery, hopefully  outlay will be a minimum for more Addons .

• Like 1

steve southey

Is it bad I'm considering standard? Deluxe is twice the price for 3 aircraft and 6 airports that actually interest me. Potentially MS might sell the few I am interested in separately anyway. For me, a lot will hinge on the quality of those enhanced airports vs normal, and the quality of those aircraft. I am holding fire with any pre-orders until the NDA is lifted, because there doesn't seem to be any advantage to pre-ordering.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

15 hours ago, irishsooner said:

One concern is airline liveries. Will they be available or just default liveries as in the past?

Did you not notice the Iberia livery in the release video?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Generally speaking, it's usually been better (historically) to go with the super-duper versions of MS sims, and I always did so with them and have done so with this pre-order too. The reason being that very often there are subsequent add-ons which come out that require a feature of the full-on version in order to work. A good example of that was the A2A Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress for FSX, which would not function on a standard version of FSX; it needed the extra functionality of the Acceleration add-on because of the additional engine management capabilities.

I'm not suggesting that this will definitely be the case with the new MS sim, but I'm guessing there might be some add-ons which utilise some of the fancy gauges or scenery assets from the super-duper version down the line in order to prompt users to have to upgrade their standard versions to the super-duper version, which would end up being more costly than simply going for the big one right off the bat. I know that's what I would do if I were in charge of Microsoft's expansions policy, since it is after all a business, intended to make money.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

Generally speaking, it's usually been better (historically) to go with the super-duper versions of MS sims, and I always did so with them and have done so with this pre-order too. The reason being that very often there are subsequent add-ons which come out that require a feature of the full-on version in order to work.

It was also required to get the SDK, which why haven't said much about lately.

Is anyone who is not buying the Premium version taking into account that there is probably no third party interested in re-developing any of these extra airports, at least not anytime soon?
Each Flight Simulator version costs about the price of a single airport more when compared to what airports go for these days.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

14 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Is anyone who is not buying the Premium version taking into account that there is probably no third party interested in re-developing any of these extra airports, at least not anytime soon?
Each Flight Simulator version costs about the price of a single airport more when compared to what airports go for these days.

You can always upgrade later.. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert