Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Can I ask the AVSim community just 1 thing ?

Well get used to it, because the onslaught of Xbox GAMERZ are coming. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

29 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Well get used to it, because the onslaught of Xbox GAMERZ are coming. 

Ahh, the armchair Captain Sully’s who dismiss any newcomers just because they’re ‘GAMERZ’ or whatever.  

• Upvote 1

The most upvoted post on r/MicrosoftFlightSim today. Turns out the new comers might not be so keen on building bridges as Avsim users lmao

Just wait.  You'll have "Serious Simmers" attacking new users for flying with a game controller.  And I don't mean just recommending a joystick instead.

Avsim is going to go into melt-down anyway when people finally get their hands on MSFS.  People have unrealistically high expectations that no flight sim could meet and even real life couldn't deliver.  Frustrations will run high for some people.  

Now add a bunch of new users, people who want to learn about flying who know nothing about it.  Then add more new users who just want to have fun.  Don't worry about GAMERZ, you won't see many and they won't stick around long if they do show up... if they even notice MSFS.

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just now, LHookins said:

Avsim is going to go into melt-down anyway when people finally get their hands on MSFS.

Oh yeah, it will be epic. Every time I see someone wanting so desperately get accepted into the Alpha/Beta, I think to myself: "Why don't you want to spend these last three weeks continuing to dream instead?"

• Like 2

Haha, I watch that speech every so often, because it's so impressive.

Edited by jabloomf1230

19 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

OK bye. 

Bye to you...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

So, we will have SIMMERZ vs GAMERZ..

Already the SIMMERZ seem to be a teeny weeny bit upsetz.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

23 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Already the SIMMERZ seem to be a teeny weeny bit upsetz.

That is their standard mode of operation.

Do you know why they're called "Serious Simmers"? Because they never smile.  They never have any reason to.  And they don't want anyone else smiling either.

Hook

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

You'll have "Serious Simmers" attacking new users for flying with a game controller. 

Whenever I see that it makes me mad. We sim with the hardware we can afford. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford a decent graphics card and a few different, all decent, options for controllers. That doesn't mean I'm less serious than the guy who builds a fully-functional 737 simpit for the price of a new Honda, it just means I have less disposable income. By the same token, if someone is simming with a mouse and keyboard because they can't make room in the budget for even a low-end joystick, I'm certainly not going to rag on them about it just because I'm lucky enough to have more spare cash. Heck, for years in the 80's I simmed the same way because I was a kid with no money and my parents did not see the point of spending what was then a *lot* of money on one of those newfangled joystick-things. I thought it was great when we upgraded from our Apple IIGS to a 486 that came with a mouse, because before then I was flying keyboard-only.

Same thing with Xbox vs PC. If you own an Xbox and can't afford to also own a serious sim rig, there's absolutely nothing wrong with simming on an Xbox. And since we can filter out those who annoy us, why worry about this "gamerz" thing? Check the box and you don't have to encounter them.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SolRayz said:

If new comers means a bunch of Xbox gamers...then no thanks. 

Just wait till they get on Vatsim...!

LOL

Chris Camp

24 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Just wait till they get on Vatsim...!

LOL

Now that would be hilarious. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

in the meanwhile the "popcorn" discussions ongoing here....😅

Capture.jpg