Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 4:08 PM, marcg11 said:

Priority Class>Current> Above Normal (I've tried High but I seem get too much Autogen popping when I do that)

And I unselect Windows dynamic thread priority boost enabled in Priority Class current as well

In the good old day of P3D, i used to set it to work only past the second core and Following, leaving the first core and thread for Windows and addons like navigraph. But i could not see any benefit on FS2020...

1 hour ago, Elvensmith said:

Game was vanilla as a British ice cream here, I had nothing in my community folder but I am still having to throttle the download speed to 500kb/s to prevent the Asobo server spazzing out. As there is no option with the Steam version to repair or download only the damaged files, it is effectively doing a full download of the whole game of 102Gb. By my reckoning that will take over 50 hours.

Flight Simulator, more like Frustration Simulator. For a so called AAA game costing £60 better I expected a somewhat better experience than this!

I should have added last night that I'm also on a vanilla Win 10 instal to a new SSD. Also my flight sim PC does ONLY that.  It just runs the sim. It's not my daily computer for all other things. For that I use a cra**y old laptop.

That might account for why I've had zero issues with installing and running MSFS perfectly.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
atrocious spelling.

7 hours ago, Noel said:

I tell you what, when I look at ALL of what is streaming into my field of view it's nothing short of remarkable how efficient this engine is.  Go back to P3D and while I still love it, it's polished, it works, it's also just flat out not the real world--it's the cartoon rendition of it, and typically it's not very good at it save 3rd party airports, and I use Orbx regionals.  Oh it's the best you could do w/ season etc, but that has changed dramatically now IMO.  You really fly in P3D to stay in the plane and go to and from airports, but the scenery only marginally resembles the depth and accuracy of what is processed so very well in MSFS, at least w/ how I'm setup.  Can't wait for a killer GPU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flat out wrong, I'm afraid.

There are those of us who use photoscenery in P3D with 3D POIs and autogen placed on top to match the aerial image footprint. Whether its using payware like Orbx TrueEarth and FranceVFR regions, or using a number of freeware options, aside from OLC Africa, my flying over landclass days ended some time ago.

Better yet I can do this flying over aerial imagery in a high quality airliner.

I'm looking forward to further updates to MSFS for it to become my primary sim, but it's not there right now.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

@F737NG

How many Terrabytes of data (SSD's) are required (and costs $) to cover the entire planet in True Earth or FranceVFR? Freeware options were always poor quality. How often will TE ever be updated? TE has many limitations as does the rest.

I will say, you got me on the Airliners.........but they're coming to MSFS. As soon as we have them... have you seen how they present in MSFS? I know they won't present as well in P3D or XP. But they'll fly every bit as authentically as P3D/XP, and quite possibly more realistically.

I take your point on MSFS not quite there yet. But hey, it's still teething........P3D/XP are in old age homes now. I uninstalled my P3D just s few days ago as my experience and instinct tell me MSFS is the future and the future is here now. 😉

• Like 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

25 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

How many Terrabytes of data (SSD's) are required (and costs $) to cover the entire planet in True Earth or FranceVFR? Freeware options were always poor quality. How often will TE ever be updated? TE has many limitations as does the rest.

I will say, you got me on the Airliners.........but they're coming to MSFS. As soon as we have them... have you seen how they present in MSFS? I know they won't present as well in P3D or XP. But they'll fly every bit as authentically as P3D/XP, and quite possibly more realistically.

I take your point on MSFS not quite there yet. But hey, it's still teething........P3D/XP are in old age homes now. I uninstalled my P3D just s few days ago as my experience and instinct tell me MSFS is the future and the future is here now. 😉

I don't need the entire planet covered in ortho imagery, just the countries / regions I regularly fly over.

MSFS does the World very well, until it doesn't. Descriptions of "melting buildings" and "blob trees" as well as missing landmarks have been noted by simmers. We should all be able to agree that the MSFS world has a few issues.

The airliners in MSFS absolutely do not fly "every bit as authentically as P3D/XP, and quite possibly more realistically."
If they did, complaints about their level of fidelity, systems capability, handling characteristics would be neglible, rather than the high number of threads we had before people accepted the shortcomings of default aircraft. Neither would there be any freeware mods being worked on.

The crux of the point I was responding to was that P3D is described as cartoony and unrealistic. As I pointed out, it doesn't have to be like that.
While MSFS is going through its teething problems, there are 2 solid sims in P3D and XP (albeit previous generation) that give a better airliner + world experience than MSFS can manage at the moment.
As I said earlier, I look forward to when that changes. It just isn't at that stage right now.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

I don't need the entire planet covered in ortho imagery, just the countries / regions I regularly fly over.

MSFS does the World very well, until it doesn't. Descriptions of "melting buildings" and "blob trees" as well as missing landmarks have been noted by simmers. We should all be able to agree that the MSFS world has a few issues.

The airliners in MSFS absolutely do not fly "every bit as authentically as P3D/XP, and quite possibly more realistically."
If they did, complaints about their level of fidelity, systems capability, handling characteristics would be neglible, rather than the high number of threads we had before people accepted the shortcomings of default aircraft. Neither would there be any freeware mods being worked on.

The crux of the point I was responding to was that P3D is described as cartoony and unrealistic. As I pointed out, it doesn't have to be like that.
While MSFS is going through its teething problems, there are 2 solid sims in P3D and XP (albeit previous generation) that give a better airliner + world experience than MSFS can manage at the moment.
As I said earlier, I look forward to when that changes. It just isn't at that stage right now.

Horses for courses indeed. I did understand your point/s.

Simply, from my point of view, I am travelling the globe for the first time in a sim in years (ie more than a decade) in addition to flying VFR "low & slow" - due to the quality/precision MSFS has presented. I would concede unequivocally that MSFS is experiencing issues like any other new release software of this magnitude.

For the price point - bang for buck - default vanilla - no sim in history has produced this level of quality/detail/expanse. I won't have the concern regarding purchasing TE or any other landclass packages and the data storage/capacity required and cost - it's already covered in the MSFS base price. I'm no longer shackled to certain favourite regions with the added expense of 3rd party addons just to raise the bar in terms of quality, as I was in FSX/P3D. I certainly won't forget how FSX/P3D vanilla looked before 3rd party addons came onboard. At that time it did look cartoony and unrealistic (another reason I ceased flying the entire globe or conducting VFR flights many years ago).

To clarify, I wasn't comparing current MSFS aircraft to current P3D aircraft. I admitted that you're point regarding study level aircraft being available in P3D was completely valid. I merely pointed out that these study level aircraft are coming to MSFS very soon, and that they will be more realistic in looks and eventually posess superior flight characteristics than P3D/XP have offered thus far.

It appears that both LM and Laminar dropped the ball in terms of technological foresight. For whatever reasons, neither LM nor Laminar decided years ago to follow the path that Asobo/MS have. Asobo/MS are trailblazing with the advent of this new technology, and I respect their commitment, vision & courage to get this product off the ground where the others were too reticent/apprehensive. In my opinion, LM should have already invested and released their own technological version of MSFS 5 years ago.

I did also agree with you that MSFS isn't quite there yet. However, having said that, it is only barely a month into release. I remember FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX at the same stage of release. I won't even point out Airbus A320 or Fighter Bomber for Amiga.

I respect the fact that you're sticking with P3D until such time. I get it. I was following the same path up until a week ago.

• Like 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

Flat out wrong, I'm afraid.

There are those of us who use photoscenery in P3D with 3D POIs and autogen placed on top to match the aerial image footprint.

Sure there are, but they are few and far between and pay a fortune in $$ and spend hours upon hours upon hours to install & configure all of that hodgepodge.   Right now MSFS is light years ahead of anything ever released and the entire scene I just witnessed, TO out of KBJC at dawn was nothing short of visulally spectacular.  I've yet to see any sunrise that looked that authentic no matter what the addon in P3D!  There will be study-level birds coming and I guarantee you we have the headroom to run them--my 9900K is barely awake while it delivers solid smooth performance.  Can use a much better GPU however.  Won't waste my time & $$ w/ 'fixing' P3D so it can compete w/ MSFS. 

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

20 hours ago, pstrub said:

I'd say try it... either you run it in English, or you switch the voice off or to offline mode... at least for testing it's worth the try! 

I'm not sure whether you have to change your system language to run the game in English... I'm German but for some weird reason I set my Win 10 to English, so don't know where to look for the setting in MSFS. Good luck, viel Glück!

Moin, why weird? i find that very good! The advantage like that, you learn english 🙂

I tested with voice off and MFS in english  and now it works! Danke schön!! 😉

• Like 2

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

2 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:

Moin, why weird? i find that very good! The advantage like that, you learn english 🙂

I tested with voice off and MFS in english  and now it works! Danke schön!! 😉

Ahhhh that's great to hear! You're welcome! 

I think using Windows in English is related to software testing in different localisations, but it goes back to the days when I used a Win7 preview release version before the German language pack was released. Somehow I got used to it... 😉 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

18 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure you can use P3D as the benchmark... Asobo has already optimized the base sim for multi core usage, so whatever you saw in P3D may not apply to MSFS..

Only optimised as far as DX11 can for modern multicore Cpu's.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

12 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

Game was vanilla as a British ice cream here, I had nothing in my community folder but I am still having to throttle the download speed to 500kb/s to prevent the Asobo server spazzing out. As there is no option with the Steam version to repair or download only the damaged files, it is effectively doing a full download of the whole game of 102Gb. By my reckoning that will take over 50 hours.

You better recalculate - at 500Kbps (Kilobits), it will take much longer than 50 hours to download 102Gibabytes (GB) - at 512Kbps it will take:

19 Days 19 Hours 21 Minutes 16.03 Seconds to download...just saying

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Only difference is users don't "hang MSFS" like they do other platforms.

Is it like that though? Several posts in here expressing disappointment sometimes in a dramatic way, and many calling it an "arcade game with shiny special effects for the casual users" and so on. Things have gotten really toxic over at the official forums too.

Not saying the criticism is undeserved, but several have hanged the simulator from the first day.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Is it like that though? Several posts in here expressing disappointment sometimes in a dramatic way, and many calling it an "arcade game with shiny special effects for the casual users" and so on. Things have gotten really toxic over at the official forums too.

Not saying the criticism is undeserved, but several have hanged the simulator from the first day.

Yep, I think it has been worse than before. 
criticism is deserved, but this horrible bashing isnt.

Edited by zemez
  • Like 2

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Just a statement of fact, I've provided plenty of issues I have with MSFS direct or indirect via various online avenues from Tech Alpha, Dev Alpha SDK.  I think some of you need to dial back your MSFS critical sensitivity and look at the real issues as they are rather than what you hope they "will eventually be".

What I do find interesting is the MSFS bias.  Any issues with P3D or XP and it was the "world is ending", "bad programmers", "old tech", "refund", "poor QA", "cartoonish", "stutters" etc. etc.  But when those same users of MSFS have the same type of issues (plenty of them from day 1 installation), the answer is "wait they'll fix it in time".  Quite the contrast in "response" to problems in MSFS platform.  MSFS patches have indeed broken things ... hmmm sounds familiar. 😉  Only difference is users don't "hang MSFS" like they do other platforms. 

Either way, for any flight simulator to get better, you have to accept it's problems, identify to the development team, hope they address them.  Telling people problems don't exist doesn't help ... the strategy I used is to try to replicate the problem (always done this regardless of platform), because if I can replicate it then I can provide something useful to the development team to get it fixed.  I don't care if that is MSFS, P3D, XP ... the objective is to get resolution and the best "simulator" possible, point out problems is part of the process, apply it equally.

One aspect, using a modern DX12 graphics API will help with some of the stutters and performance problems many are having.  Using a decade old DX11 API is not "forward thinking".

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

Could it be that we old simmers are seeing for the first time new, fresh faces in the sim world from the game world and maybe they express themselves a little harder, faster than we are used to?

43 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Nearly all German fora did "hang" it long before it's been released - including targeted false information - and keep doing so until now. As a result, I quit contributing to them long ago. 

Kind regards, Michael 

Edited by pmb
  • Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11