Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 17th, 2020 - Development Update

Be good if they would release a Hotfix for things they broke in the patch, like the Sensitivity page which is pretty word not allowed important.

Also no mention of the VR update, there's something called a DR Update on that roadmap but no idea what that is.

Still think they'd be better off doing a Monthly Dev Update with more detailed information but oh well, this is their way so i better get used too it I suppose!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

On the plus side, it would make for a very good psychological research study on the increasing sense of rage entitlement individuals in this world have when one doesn't get exactly what one wants.

People are well ahead of you there. For instance, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coddling_of_the_American_Mind

and

http://www.jeantwenge.com/igen-book-by-dr-jean-twenge/

Philosophically this all starts way back with Rene Descartes and runs through to today's postmodernism.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

The official forums are becoming toxic and unproductive. Full of entitled types who throw a rage fit because every little thing is not perfect for them on day one.

That's true unfortunately, so I stopped following any discussion threads. I limit myself to the Self-Service section mostly to upvote threads that I think need attention, and at least people seem to be behaving nicer in that section.

24 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Also no mention of the VR update, there's something called a DR Update on that roadmap but no idea what that is.

Still think they'd be better off doing a Monthly Dev Update with more detailed information but oh well, this is their way so i better get used too it I suppose!

"DR Update" refers to the Development Roadmap.

A new Developer Q&A will be scheduled soon, which could give us an answer regarding progress on the VR update.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bottle said:

People are well ahead of you there. For instance, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coddling_of_the_American_Mind

and

http://www.jeantwenge.com/igen-book-by-dr-jean-twenge/

Philosophically this all starts way back with Rene Descartes and runs through to today's postmodernism.

Hah, yes...based on what we have seen so far in 2020 with the acceleration of such negative personality traits mentioned in those books you linked to, I think the authors might already have to update their texts. In today's world, what was previously seen as a misunderstood and innocent generational difference has now come to fruition to show it's true colors and what it really is a consequence of. The scary part is that it is now not only a 'Generation Z' or 'Millennial' phenomena but it has truly become trans generational. We now see people in their 50s and 60s behaving in a similar manner in some cases, especially when it comes to conspiracy theories. Whether its America or Europe, there is a common trend of a significant cohort of people who do not grasp the concept of community, altruism nor the concept that our individual opinions can't just be shouted out with anyone who has a different opinion shouted down, no matter what 'side' anyone is on.

Yesterday, I even saw someone on the offical FS forums refer to individuals as 'Karens' which made me cringe as much as those who were doing the complaining. I mean to think that a fairly common name is now being used to brand people in 2020 based on a news story that has nothing to do with the subject matter in question is disturbing in itself. In the eyes of these people, it's as though if you don't agree with someone, you are automatically entitled to insult them and rage. So much for productive discourse and debate.

I highly recommend watching the new Netflix documentary 'The Social Dilemma' for anyone interested in the subject of how technology/social media has completely messed up the human psyche through what can only be referred to as master manipulation and possibly the greatest lie ever believed, that is the false believe that social media is designed to benefit our lives as opposed to completely manipulate us.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Looks like patches will consistently come once a month.

Wonder if we’ll get any hotfixes to address the new issues that arose though 😕 Glad Asobo is sticking with us though and staying positive through the issues.

I read...

The team is actively working to provide updates for these issues, along with an updated Feedback Snapshot (expect updated Feedback Snapshot to be released on 09.24).

...as meaning that updates (hotfixes) would be provided outside the schedule of larger, once-a-month "patches."

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

56 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

... of how technology/social media has completely messed up the human psyche through what can only be referred to as master manipulation and possibly the greatest lie ever believed, that is the false believe that social media is designed to benefit our lives as opposed to completely manipulate us.

Amen to that. That is so true. Have to check out that documentary. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

That's not how the world works.

Steve310002,

I respectfully beg to differ mate. That is precisely how the world works.  I too, ante'd up for the premium aircraft, specifically and only for the Citation Longtitude. This is/was broken but being fixed. The other sceneries are worthless to me because I only fly in OZ/New Zealand and Indonesia. So, I am in the same boat, largely, as flyinion.  I do not, however have any regrets as I was fully aware of the extra sceneries being not used. (potential is there though).

It is for that reason I can sympathise with flyinion.  I do not think he is really whinging either, simply stating his feelings/opinions which is only frustrations.  We all have them and this is the forum for expressing those related to MSFS.

Some people manage to spectacularly go into overdrive, expressing their frustrations and/or outrage, but I do not think flyinion has gone this far. in reality, he has paid a significant price for specifically wanting and buying a working 787 and has expressed just that. In many ways it is just like buying a used car, in that you pay the money and then find the faults LOL.

Good on you also, for finding the value in your purchase ... this shows a positive outlook, but please bear in mind there is always going to be a "cup half full and a cup half empty" in this world.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

9 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I believe we're about 6-months away from a complete simulator....

After a bit more consideration I think we'll have a more complete, mature MSFS 6/12 month after the full release of the SDK.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

8 hours ago, pmanhart said:

I know! It's crazy to assume that someone would expect a working product they paid for with their hard earned money, right? 

Next to nothing gets released these days that is the finished product unfortunately.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

7 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Flight Simulator 2.1 (the first version I ever used) came with a great manual with explanations of all the basics and all the airport charts for every airport in the game in the back of the manual.

Ridiculous that there is no documentation for FS2020 and new users are expected to go wade through a bunch of YouTube videos that may or may not cover things in a reasonable way.

Hopefully we'll get this provided in some form from Asobo/MS in the fullness of time.

8 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Ridiculous that there is no documentation for FS2020 and new users are expected to go wade through a bunch of YouTube videos that may or may not cover things in a reasonable way.

I absolute agree.

During alpha I thought they would add proper documentation later, and I was shocked to find *nothing* upon release. Some might prefer YouTube clips, but I (and perhaps a hand full of others) don't, even more as they include some whose advise (on configuration as well as flying) you better don't follow, as marsman2020 states.

In this respect MS/Asobo could have learned a lesson from X-plane coming with excellent manuals, including for the Garmins which are all but trivial to handle.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, rob0203 said:

I don’t see new aircraft 😉

Maybe they should fix the ones that are already there????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MarcG said:

Be good if they would release a Hotfix for things they broke in the patch, like the Sensitivity page which is pretty word not allowed important.

I do agree a hotfix for those would be nice at the very least since they were working and broke it should be a priority to hotfix it but they have a system I guess and they do not consider it critical enough I guess.  But still....I would think they could fix it rather rapidly.  Maybe we will be surprised.  Or maybe they are worried people will expect the Hotfix to be a miracle fix for everything else and they don't want to issue a patch where everyone will expect it to fix everything instead of whats just listed.

Nothing in sight for the broken missing nav data or Navblue.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD