Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 17th, 2020 - Development Update

2 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I believe we're about 6-months away from a complete simulator

I totally agree with all of your comments, other than that quoted.

I believe, that this simulator (like all others before it) will never be complete. 3PDs generally have not had a great deal of input particularly with regard to aircraft, at this time.  It may well be 6 months or more, before they start coming on stream in quantity and quality. Long may that be so, as well. This sim will be updated on a reasonably regular, and, continuous basis, by either MS, Asobo or other 3PDs, for a long time to come. This will be the same as all the predecessors in Flight Sim. History has shown this to be true time and time again.  WE can all look forward to spending the $1000s on this sim too. Simply put, all we really have, is an incredible and unprecedented starting platform upon which to build, and build we will. probably in extremely large numbers.  Just bear in mind that there are relatively few completely satisfied simmers at this time and that is never going to change LOL

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

55 minutes ago, eaim said:

I know it's frustrating but we need to give the devs a little slack, all flight sims have these sort of issues, after all Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm sure that within 6/12 months time we'll have a fantastic more complete sim to enjoy.

I know! It's crazy to assume that someone would expect a working product they paid for with their hard earned money, right? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

9 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

I know! It's crazy to assume that someone would expect a working product they paid for with their hard earned money, right? 

LMAO...havent been around software nor flight simming much have you?

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

What seems even more crazy sometimes is when people who been around flight sims for a while act surprised that it was not complete from day one . 

• Like 15

Image removed as image is no longer available.

6 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

What seems even more crazy sometimes is when people who been around flight sims for a while act surprised that it was not complete from day one

To be fair, I do not think that is what he is really saying.  I believe he is only referring to a single aspect of the sim and not its entirety.  In reality, to me, it just seems a product of unrealized expectations, and that, is something a lot of people are currently suffering from. In a lot of ways, I have to stick my hand up and say "me too"

Having said that, I have to agree that the statement he quoted, is a little short sighted.

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

FS2020 for a quite reasonable price of UKPounds10.00. I have not bought this, largely on principal because I consider the lack of an included manual of any sort for MSFS2020  absolutely diabolical. Content quality, therefore, has not been included in the term "reasonable"

Flight Simulator 2.1 (the first version I ever used) came with a great manual with explanations of all the basics and all the airport charts for every airport in the game in the back of the manual.

Ridiculous that there is no documentation for FS2020 and new users are expected to go wade through a bunch of YouTube videos that may or may not cover things in a reasonable way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

How do you get the version with the planes that fly like the real things that those Textron engineers have? :biggrin:

Ted

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

45 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

How do you get the version with the planes that fly like the real things that those Textron engineers have? :biggrin:

Ted

🤣 Jokes a side im wondering/hoping if eventually we will get a fully working AC . My few encounters in real life with Textron had been nothing but good experience... one thing i can tell you im pretty sure they just didn’t made a pretty video to full people for fun there has to be some future plans . 
we know this thing was released a bit early then we expected so lets wait and see..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The same post on the official forums has a lot comments from frustrated and disappointed users who can’t seem to have the sim performing as expected, which is understandable I think.

I mean, having a sim with imperfect default aircraft is fine, but if it’s extremely buggy and causes multiple crashes, then they’re bound to receive backlash. 

@ChaoticBeauty

Thanks for posting the update. I’m a little late again to pine it so here you go.

42AA5A3E-C444-4820-AA70-7DD126DD57C7.gif

• Like 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, flyinion said:

Nice, still no mention of the completely broken 787 that can't follow a flightplan (and deletes it on its own) or the part where it just falls out of the sky when you shut off the autopilot.  Remind me why I paid an extra $60 again?  I'm not asking for study level addon aircraft, just a default aircraft that can actually be used just like the other default aircraft i.e. it isn't full of bugs that make it usable only as a display prop on the tarmac.

Instead, I’ll remind you that you didn’t pay an extra 60 bucks just for the 787.

lighten up Francis...

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The official forums are becoming toxic and unproductive. Full of entitled types who throw a rage fit because every little thing is not perfect for them on day one. I'm only 39 but I feel like I am from another world listening to some of the immature nature of complaining. Like it's the end of the world that they might have to live with a workaround for a week. Heaven forbid.

I must say that I increasingly see a correlation between the madness we have experienced thus far in 2020 and the ever increasing type of absolute outrage many people seem to express all too easily because of a lack instant gratification and inability to have any sense of the fact that the world does not revolve around each one of us. This is not flightsim passion we are seeing here, it is something else, something very negative.

On the plus side, it would make for a very good psychological research study on the increasing sense of rage entitlement individuals in this world have when one doesn't get exactly what one wants.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 21

14 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Instead, I’ll remind you that you didn’t pay an extra 60 bucks just for the 787.

lighten up Francis...

Well, actually I did.  It was really the only thing I cared about in the $120 version after seeing screenshots of it.

edit: ok we'll call it $30 because of KSFO

Edited by flyinion
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

28 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Well, actually I did.  It was really the only thing I cared about in the $120 version after seeing screenshots of it.

edit: ok we'll call it $30 because of KSFO

How is it $30 because of KSFO as well? There are many other included airports and aircraft other than KSFO and the 787. Just because these 2 items are important to you and the rest not doesn't mean the many other items included are suddenly worth $0 based on your opinion. That's not how the world works.

Actually the 787 was the biggest reason I too paid for the Premuim Deluxe but I am also able to see that the price reflected the many other items included and balanced out at about $3 per additional item.

Edited by steve310002

9 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

How is it $30 because of KSFO as well? There are many other included airports and aircraft other than KSFO and the 787. Just because these 2 items are important to you and the rest not doesn't mean the many other items included are suddenly worth $0 based on your opinion. That's not how the world works.

Actually the 787 was the biggest reason I too paid for the Premuim Deluxe but I am also able to see that the price reflected the many other items included and balanced out at about $3 per additional item.

It's what they're worth to me, because those are the reasons I paid for that version.  I don't mean the actual cost was that.  Eh whatever.  As a developer I'm just super frustrated they would put out a patch like this that breaks so many things including aircraft that were getting big fixes to their systems.  It's like they did a negative amount of QA on it.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro