Sign in to follow this  
Moria15

Pilot2ATC questions

Hi all..  noob here on this add-on...

Can Pilot2ATC be used without voice control and on one screen so that you just select from an answer to continue, similar to how ingame ATC "should" work.

Unfortunately, I cannot delve into voice control yet, and don't have a second monitor to slide things out to.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Yes it can. I have always used it without a microphone and on one screen.

You can switch Pilot2atc between it's full sized mode and another size of your choosing with the press of a button so you can keep it minimal for ATC interaction and then bring it up full size to check the flightplan, map, etc.

• Like 1

Hi

Yes I have just purchased it and am currently using it (via WideFS) on a networked laptop. Lots to learn however, its doing the job nicely!

• Like 1

Russ Bailey

EGJB

8 minutes ago, jfri said:

But does Pilot2Atc work with MSFS ?

of  course  it  does  plenty of  utubes  out  there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu2jvwbcxJQ

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pilot2ATC works with any simulator, even Aerowinx PSX via WidePSX. I set it up without voice prompts and have the co-pilot take care of the radios.

• Like 2

Pilot2atc is a very well add-on with many useful features. Flight planner, moving map, speech recognition, etc... Can be used with MSFS via FSUIPC7.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 2

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

thanks all for he info.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

One serious flaw with the in-game ATC is it cannot assign or deal with assigning a runway and approach while en-route like the real world. It MUST be planned before you get in the plane to have any hope of working. 

Does Pilot2ATC support flight plans without an assigned runway and approach and assign those en-route? And then support them?

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

It doesn't work with the MSFS ATC or MSFS AI though, correct?

You can only have ONE ATC utility at a time so no, you must turn onboard ATC off. Not sure what you mean by working with AI. P2ATC is aware of the AI like any other program.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Do you hear communications between the AI traffic and P2ATC like you do in the MSFS ATC? Basically, does P2ATC control MSFS AI aircraft or simulate doing so?

James

24 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Do you hear communications between the AI traffic and P2ATC like you do in the MSFS ATC? Basically, does P2ATC control MSFS AI aircraft or simulate doing so?

No, it does not control AI.

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

One serious flaw with the in-game ATC is it cannot assign or deal with assigning a runway and approach while en-route like the real world. It MUST be planned before you get in the plane to have any hope of working. 

Does Pilot2ATC support flight plans without an assigned runway and approach and assign those en-route? And then support them?

News to me, every flight I’ve flown with the default ATC has ended with an ai assigned runway, approach and transition.  I’ve had other issues (and it does tend to assign the approach very late) but that hasn’t been one of them.  It doesn’t assign arrivals tho, or departures at the gate.

i am interested in the question as well.  Does Pilot 2 atc assign sids stars and approaches dynamically?  I’d like to have a basic plan, with the atc assigning everything that it should.  I used pro atc x in p3d, but it will be a while til that is ported over.  Not interested in voice control, or “atc” which just runs a pre planned flight like a script.  

It does not seperate traffic and isn’t that one of the most important things Atc does?

Edited by rob0203