Sign in to follow this  
Denwagg

The Thrill Is Gone !

Just now, ShawnG said:

should we?  frustration is a natural human emotion, but it's one you deal with in private.  yeah, you could have an enormous public meltdown when McD's messes up your burger order, but you won't get any sympathy from others in the restaurant, and you'll probably end up on youtube being laughed at.  here, we should have rational discussions not emotional ones.

Agreed, but we can't even seem to have rational discussions about the state of this product.

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You replied to things I did not write about MSFS in my reply

Mmmm... glasses will help

your analogy was of a tv where 1/3 of the features don't work, which implies you believe that 1/3 of the features don't work in MSFS.  And I've read more than one of your posts.

• Like 3

Just now, Virtual-Chris said:

Agreed, but we can't even seem to have rational discussions about the state of this product.

not many have even tried, certainly your "can't asobo do anything right?" thread was not a serious attempt.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ShawnG said:

your analogy was of a tv where 1/3 of the features don't work, which implies you believe that 1/3 of the features don't work in MSFS.  And I've read more than one of your posts.

Just read what I wrote and respond to what I wrote....

Can’t be that difficult...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Do you think anyone here can entertain you?  You are in the wrong place.  Posting frustrations here will just irritate simmers.  Get over to the flight sim site where your complaints matter.

bs

• Like 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

10 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

It was likely rushed to market before it was ready

how long have you been around MS flight simulators ? you see that line you wrote there is the exact same thing I and many others that had been around for a while KNEW IT WAS RUSHED and also had a feeling that caos was coming . 

I myself cant imagine today sep 8 opening a thread that for a example the title goes like "the weather system of FS2020 is broken" Asobo/MS the ones that can fix the issue are aware of it they know it needs work god even my dog will probably knows that too . go open a ticket or report of what ever you want to call it this days but when threads like that keep coming up it just looks like someone has to try and again  fail to bash down FS2020 . 

21 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

This product is not going to get better in the right ways if all we do is line up and thank MS/Asobo for a job well done.

it gets better by what I and MANY others had said before BUT SOME REFURE TO LISTEN reporting the right way not opening a thread that calls for fire replys . 

again re-read your first post . by the way yes they can do things right and YES they had screwed things up before .

25 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

all we do is line up and thank MS/Asobo for a job well done

I had notice that some look like they get a turn on when AGAIN people word not allowed DOWN ON MS/ASOBO for what they had done till this day . 

I know you and others (and if thats not the case then thats how you making it look like ) seem to not like the idea of someone thanking them for what we have today FS2020 . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

These threads are so predictable. I can clearly fortell what everyone of the always same persons participating - me not excepted - will state after reading the first three contributions.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

not many have even tried, certainly your "can't asobo do anything right?" thread was not a serious attempt.

You better wrote  “ Imho that was not a serious attempt”  Instead of writing as if your opinion is the only thruth here.

Give the others room for their opinions ... 

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You better wrote  “ Imho that was not a serious attempt” 

Instead of writing as if your opinion is the only thruth here.

If I express an opinion, I don't do so by intentionally watering it down with deflection.  And I don't have the power or desire to deny anyone their opinion, so there is no need to in the first place.

The other point is that I don't believe that to be his opinion.  He was stirring the pot with that post, and he knew it, fair to him.

Edited by ShawnG
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You better wrote  “ Imho that was not a serious attempt”  Instead of writing as if your opinion is the only thruth here.

I am all for constructive critique, and the sim in it's present state has flaws of cause, despite I have a lot of fun using it.

However, bashing Asobo or MS or enthusiastic users (include me here) doesn't help us forward in any way, if that is what you want. Rather report issues to Zendesk and/or in the MSFS forum, that's what I did during the alpha and what I keep doing.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 9

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

However, bashing Asobo or MS or enthusiastic users (include me here) doesn't help us forward in any way, if that is what you want. Rather report issues to Zendesk and/or in the MSFS forum, that's what I did during the alpha and what I keep doing.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

Sure I have reported issues.  Don’t know how well they are listening.. From the ones I have reported none have been fixed by 2 updates...I just want the default ac to work correctly. especially the jetliners and some other things...

Regards, Gerard 

It's hard for simmers to understand that the sim is not about us because that is how we take it.  ASOBO is trying really hard to keep everyone in the loop (which I appreciate) so lay back and enjoy the ride.  We will laugh (or forget) about this early FS2020 timeframe in the future.

Regards

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

He was right. There are a lot here who claim that it is all good. And people pointing to the issues they are experiencing got flamed. And many times by the same people.

Another day, another GSalden complaint about getting flamed in the MSFS forums. 

I think what you mean by 'flamed' is more like 'challenged on your exaggerated claims'.

You regularly claim that the MSFS forum is full of people saying the sim is perfect, but when challenged to show who said that, you can't and just complain that you're being flamed or your opinion is being suppressed. You start threads with deliberately provocative titles such as 'An honest review' for an overwhelmingly negative review based on the writer's self-confessed presumption that the sim would be perfect on release, and when challenged to explain why you were using the word 'honest' with its implications that reviews which were positive were somehow dishonest, you again complained that you were being flamed and your opinion suppressed.

I have not seen any of your many exaggerated claims being deleted / locked. For someone whose opinions are being so brutally suppressed, they still seem to be up all over this and the P3D forums.

• Like 11

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I am having a great time, probably the best thing to do if it fails your expectations..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

This product is not going to get better in the right ways if all we do is line up and thank MS/Asobo for a job well done.

If that's what you think has been happening since launch, then you're certainly right that it's impossible to have a rational conversation, if not in exactly the way you meant it.

• Like 2