Sign in to follow this  
Denwagg

The Thrill Is Gone !

It's a mixed bag, the scenery and models/textures are fantastic, and I'm astounded by the performance running on an old Haswell-era laptop with a GTX870M providing very respectable visuals. No crashes for me either.

But then there's the ATC with a lot of legacy and weird problems, agonizing load times, twitchy flight models, popping terrain and autogen, pretty but dumbed down flight and weather planning, unsatisfying default airplanes, and small things missing like record/replay and progressive taxi (need something better than the non-controllable gigantic blue arrows please).

It's gonna improve with time but like the OP I'm not abandoning other sims in favor of this one.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Great song!

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

I've had exactly two CTD's  One where I was trying to recreate a customer complaint about Iceland, and could only reproduce it one.  And the other when bringing up the VFR map, which Microsoft and Asobo TOLD me I was going to get if I brought up the map.

"Hey, you told me if I try to bring up the map I'll CTD....and I did...."

"Very good....Here's your sign..."

MSFS has a good number of annoyances much like my other favorite game, Skyrim.  But I stick with MSFS for the same reason I keep playing Skyrim.  Sure, there are times when I just have to face palm and shake my head.  But when they click, then there's nothing like it on the market.  

• Like 4

The sim is far far far from being perfect. But i think that if it wouldn't exist i would be much less happy today. That why i try to take things in propration and enjoy what we got. Hopefully it will improve fast.

• Like 1

Roi Ben

I'm playing Mafia Definitive Edition while waiting for patch 4.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Yawn...

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

57 hours and only 1 CTD, what does that say?

You haven't reached 58 hours?😃

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Ironically I feel almost the opposite. DCS is not keeping my attention much these days. Even with the A-10 update.

I keep coming back to MSFS.

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

@denwagg - CTDs are due to your computer.  Check your windows logs, update your drivers etcetera.  You can do it.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

23 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Yawn...

You haven't reached 58 hours?😃

Thanks to this

Flight-Simulator-En0-D4-W8-Ye7.png

Flight-Simulator-Gw-UYOCQPTo.png

Now!

Flight-Simulator-y6-Pf-Ky-Lc-WT.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks to this

Flight-Simulator-En0-D4-W8-Ye7.png

Flight-Simulator-Gw-UYOCQPTo.png

Now!

Flight-Simulator-y6-Pf-Ky-Lc-WT.png

58 and counting ...

Nice screenshots David 👍

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just stop replying to those threads. How long do we have to endure this same old word not allowed?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GSalden said:

58 and counting ...

Nice screenshots David 👍

Thank you, just started to use the CJ4, with the mod, I really like it. 

The Bonanza with its mod is great with also the G1000 mod, both make the G36 really nice.

The CJ4 is great fun. 

These are the two I am now flying most of the time. Next flight FB KPDX to Orbx CYLW 🙂 CJ4

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Denwagg said:

To many CTD'S, Press any key, Wait time, Flight Planning, PFD lockups, Interface, 4 hour updates that fix very little, No traffic, on and on and on ...

Oh but look at all the scenery !

Even the disappointment has worn off,  Now its just another Software that does not do what it promised to do.

Back to DCS, New A10C 2 beta upgrade. Cold and Dark Startup. Three flights no hiccups, Forgot what it was like.

The forum here has less complaining, less "Hey everybody look at this" moments. The cold reality has set in for many, less comments, less sales, 

May be in a year but right now the thrill has passed for a while

Regards 

Agreed. But a lot of people here think there’s nothing wrong with this product. It’s bizarre. 

4 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Agreed. But a lot of people here think there’s nothing wrong with this product. It’s bizarre. 

False. 

Nobody thinks there's nothing wrong with the product.  Some people deal better with issues than others, some people are more than willing to take the bad with the good, some people have a more adult reaction to disappointment than others.  Some people recognize how difficult a task it is to try to recreate the entire world, its weather patterns, aerodynamic physics, and avionics for a series of different aircraft all in one software product, at a reasonable price, and taking into account the disparate interest and ability levels of its customers.  some people have a broad interest in aircraft beyond just automated procedural IFR.  Some people point out its flaws rationally while NOT exaggerating them.  I haven't come across anybody, though, who think there's nothing wrong with it, or any other flight sim product that has ever been produced.

• Like 18
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShawnG said:

False. 

Nobody thinks there's nothing wrong with the product.  Some people deal better with issues than others, some people are more than willing to take the bad with the good, some people have a more adult reaction to disappointment than others.  Some people recognize how difficult a task it is to try to recreate the entire world, its weather patterns, aerodynamic physics, and avionics for a series of different aircraft all in one software product, at a reasonable price, and taking into account the disparate interest and ability levels of its customers.  some people have a broad interest in aircraft beyond just automated procedural IFR.  Some people point out its flaws rationally while NOT exaggerating them.  I haven't come across anybody, though, who think there's nothing wrong with it, or any other flight sim product that has ever been produced.

Well that just about sums it up nicely really. 👍 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.